Your View On BREASTFEEDING In Public

by minimus 143 Replies latest jw friends

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

I breastfed all four of my children. I was really uptight about doing this in public at first and hardly went anywhere because I was so nervous about having to nurse in public.

Well, that all began to fade as I got sick and tired of being a prisoner in my own home because of these insecurities. Americans are too boob focused. It's ridiculous to think that we can't even feed our child in public without people being 'offended'.

Now, don't get me wrong. There is a certain amount of social grace that needs to be extended but I believe we should cover up when we exercise our 'right' to breastfeed.

Some of us may need to use a larger blanket than others, but use one. lol

• Gregor
    Gregor

Seriously. Some of the most dignified and pure human images I have ever seen are of third world young women feeding their infants from their breasts when the young women themselves are not getting enough nutrition to keep themselves healthy. The thought of this being offensive to someone would be completely absurd to such a woman.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Well said Gregor!

I found this on a website for moms to print off and hand to a public breastfeeder. So not only are most moms discreet about breastfeeding, they are discreet about their support of it too.

" I noticed you breastfeeding your baby and I wanted to say, "Thank you." It probably doesn't seem like a big deal to you, but the simple act of breastfeeding your baby in public is making an impression on those around you. It may help change someone's view of breastfeeding in public areas, or empower another mom to come out of a filthy restroom to breastfeed her baby more comfortably. Kudos!"

© http://www.MilitantBreastfeedingCult.com

And I learned that I have been part of the "militant breastfeeding cult" for many years and never knew it!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

And I learned that I have been part of the "militant breastfeeding cult" for many years and never knew it!

That's one cult that never killed anybody truthsearcher!

Nvr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit