Your View On BREASTFEEDING In Public

by minimus 143 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Last night on the news a woman was told by a store manager that she could not in public breastfeed her child. She and her husband were quite offended and complained to the company's main offices. They are now looking into this situation.

What's your opinion? Would it make you uncomfortable? Is it a mom's right??

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

overheard on a glasgow bus

drunken glaswegian upon seeing a breastfeeding mother..."do you mind moving"

mother..."oh im sorry..does it offend you"

drunk..."i was talking to the kid"

• Xena
    Xena

First the lesbians and now this???? Does the madness ever end?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I would much rather have a woman whip her breasts out to feed a hungry child than hear that child screaming because its hungry.

I could even like babies when you hear them gurgle and suckle at the breast (if you can just ignore the sharp intake of breath from mom when a new tooth becomes apparent!)

• minimus
    minimus

Xena

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Breasts, and breastfeeding, are natural. Uptight American prudes need to get over their desire to limit what is obviously a perfectly natural right, and focus on crime and inequity, imo.

BA- Breasts- gotta love 'em!

• minimus
    minimus

I too believe that breasts should be shown.

• ferret
    ferret

I am all for it. not offended in the least, Most I have seen are very modest about it.

• Nowman
    Nowman

Well, being that I am a mom with three children, including my baby girl born on 2/5/07, and I am not a breastfeeder (never worked for me even when I tried), this is a tough one for me. First, I am not offended if a woman chooses to breastfeed in public, but am I uncomfortable? Yes, to be honest. I do believe it is a womans right/choice. If I were a breastfeeder, I would do it in private. Yet, I have always been self-conscious with my body since I was a kid, when it comes to being naked in anyway, I all of a sudden have intense humility. That is until I married my husband...if you know what I mean

Nikki

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I would feel uncomfortable if a woman standing next to me in a store all of a sudden whipped out her breast. Most places have a public restroom, and there's usually not a problem with going into the restroom to change the child, so why would it be any different having to go into the restroom to feed it too?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit