My Mom died yesterday

by skeptic1914 62 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Sorry to hear of your loss. I know how hard it is to have unresolved issues when a love one dies. Take care of yourself.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Funniest thing, when my mom died I looked at her lifeless body on the hospital bed and said, "I love you mommy". So strange to say when you're nearly fifty years old. All in all our Mothers are our point of origin and by virtue of nature itself where we came from.

I miss mine as you will yours. Glad you can see her sincerity and love her despite her errors.

I wish you dreams of all the good spoken, and enjoyable times had with her.

W.Once

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Sorry for your loss.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

So very sorry.

Nvr

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

My condolences and I understand where you are comming from.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

So sorry to hear of your loss. Its difficult for you, but she IS in a better place and at peace from all her cares and trials. Focus on the good times and pleasant memories...

hugs,

Annie

• journey-on
    journey-on

I'm sorry for your loss. I know how it hurts for your parents to pass away.

• Es
    Es

my sincere condolences

• Gopher
    Gopher

Sorry to hear of your loss, Skeptic.

It's sad that religion can throw a monkey wrench into relationships, and suddenly they're gone. I hope time will help heal your spirit.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I had the same experience. My little mother died a life-long JW, fully expecting to never see me again because I left the org. and wasn't going back. I didn't try to change her; didn't see the point. She talked about seeing her mother and father again, in the last few minutes of her life. I hope she got to, although I don't really believe it. So I think I know how you feel - and you might find you feel confused for some time. I didn't feel any overwhelming grief when my mother died; we weren't that close, but I felt terribly sorry for her. She knew that she couldn't live and asked them to pull the meds. I thought she was brave.

It feels strange to lose a parent - if you want to talk about it sometime just email me. I will understand, having had a similar experience. One of the things I know is that when profound things happen to you, you can't help talking about them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit