My Mom died yesterday

by skeptic1914 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

So sorry for your loss.

My parents were baptized in the 50's and were die hards. I presented the facts to my mom one day and she said she knew it was not true, but this is all she had after 40+ years. I accepted this and she accepted me. Many of her friends had breakdowns prior to their death. They could not accept dying in this world.

I purchased my mother a new house in 2000, October. Dementia hit my father severly as a result of the change. She was alone in a new city and cared for my dad by herself. She died 3 months later. The paramedic did not know how to open the door on the ambulance. She was in the cold for quite some time. She lost oxygen and went into a coma for nearly a month.

My JW wife could not make the meetings for months caring for my sick father. The witnesses said she should bring my dad despite his mental condition. People from bethel would give examples of New Yorkers that were under the same circumstances and were sooooo successful, because Jah blessed them. So encouraging.

My father said before entering a coma, this is the end.

The end of what dad?

This system of things!!

My dad could never speak again. He was in a coma for 21 days. Upon visiting him in a nursing home on Day 22, I touched his cold dead body. I cried and talked to him for an hour or more. The Nursing home called me 6 hours later to announce my dad was dead.

Faithful witnesses for over 90 years. Many assemblies, meetings and sacrafices made by the family for what?

A very unbeautiful death.

What an ending!!!!

I wish the best for you and pray that you have the strengh to carry on strong. We do not know where the road will lead, but dependence on God, prayer, photos and memories can be a sustaining food through this darkness.

• Mystery
    Mystery

I am sorry for your loss.

• Dawn
    Dawn

skeptic - hugs to you. I lost my father (an elder) a few years ago. I understand and my condolances to you. Take care.

• bernadette
    bernadette

sorry for your loss

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Hi Skeptic:

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your mother will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jeff S.

• Sheri
    Sheri

Skeptic1914

I am sorry for the loss of your Mother. I have been in a reflective mood this week as I remember a year ago when my Mother started her journey to the otherside. I was blessed to help her for a week to make the journey, unblieveable experience for me. I am so thankful that I was no longer under the brainwashing of the JW Mind, so that I could embrace her experience and listen with an open mind as she greeted the various family members who has passed before her. I miss her so much, especially this first year anniversary of her passing.

I hope that your Mother too is experiencing the "truth" of what happens after death as only they know really what is to come. Please take these early days after her loss slowly and know that many know what you are going through.

Love & Peace,

Sheri

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm so sorry for your loss.

W

• Finally-Free
  • dedpoet
    dedpoet

((((skeptic))))

My sincere condolences for your loss

• DJK