My Mom died yesterday

by skeptic1914 62 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

My deepest sympathies.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sorry for your sad loss skeptic..

The passing of ones mother is a time like no other. Heck, I still miss mine although she died nearly 20 years ago. At the time I was an active Witness and gave her the words she wanted to hear as she lay in hospital. She would have been devastated to learn that I "left the truth"

Condolences again

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

So sorry to hear about your loss. I understand the pain of losing a parent. Hang in there...

• codeblue
    codeblue

I send you my sincere sympathy

I was 14 and watched my Mom die of cancer. It was a "defining moment in my life".... I am 50 and still miss her!

I send you much positive energy to cope with this loss.

hugs,

Codeblue

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Skeptic, we are sadden by your loss . There are no words at this time, yet words are all we have. Mom's are very special, they carried us in their womb and gave us birth and nurtured us. My Mom died in my arms 33 years ago and it feels like yesterday to me. Whenever I hear about the loss of someones Mom the memory of my own brings tears along with your loss.

Blueblades

• startingover
    startingover

Skeptic1914

Your experience mirrors mine of 10 months ago. I got all kinds of sympathy from the JW's, but it all revolved around a paradise which I no longer believe in. My mom's doctor's words meant the most. He simply said may you find peace in your memories.

The sadness is sometimes overwhelming, and I now feel sorry for her because she devoted her life to a fantasy, and looking back I'm not sure if it really made her happy or not, or if she was just caught on the treadmill.

But it seems as time passes, the good stands out more than the bad. Hopefully it does for you to.

• dobbie
    dobbie

I am so sorry for your loss Skeptic, thinking of you

• Quandry
    Quandry

I lost my dad and my mom is over eighty, and does not have long. It hurts, but is inevitable as we get older. I do not pretend to know anymore what happens at death, but still believe that Jesus brought people back to life and counts us all as precious. He said he died so that we might live so I still have some hope that somewhere we may all be together again.

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry to hear, skeptic. Sounds like you were still communicating though and didn't find out 3 years later.

True love means being able to disagree.

You seem happy with your decision and have thought it out well.

Love, Blondie and Irreverent

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

((((((((((((((((((((( skeptic ))))))))))))))))))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit