One night stands

by Crumpet 80 Replies latest jw experiences

• Xena
    Xena

I don't have a problem with them morally. Nowdays it's more a matter of safety, well plus the fact I'm engaged.

Keep in mind that condoms aren't 100% effective in preventing pregnancy or disease.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    And of course, one should always practice safe sex on one night stands.

I'm intrigued. I didn't read that in the Kama Sutra! Sounds like a contradiction in terms

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I think when you are young and getting to know yourself and your likes and dislike, you need to experience as much as possible with as much of a combination of people as you feel comfortable. When I got out of the JWs I had a few years where I was a little "busy" but that was all part of getting my head together and having some fun, I enjoyed myself and came out the other side without any kids or STDs.

Now I am in my mid 30s and am extremely glad that I am happily married and in a completely different phase of my life. Going out as a single person and trying to meet people, even for a one nighter can be very hard work.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    it's just better when you know and have respect for them.

I spent half an hour getting to know him first - does that count?

• Dansk
    Dansk

Don't do it!

Your hormones will be ruling your head. It's ok for the guy, he just wants somewhere to pocket his sperm! He'll be one of the boys while you'll be a slag.

Women are the ones who get hurt in such situations - and I'd hate the thought of you being one!

Call me old fashioned, but you must build up a good relationship first. Sex should be based on mutual trust.

For the past 28 years I've never had sex - I've made love! There's a whole mind-blowing wonderful difference!

Keep the condoms for that special guy - and it certainly isn't a one night stand!

Love,

Ian

• arrowstar
    arrowstar
    it's just better when you know and have respect for them.
    I spent half an hour getting to know him first - does that count?

no, little missy...it doesn't count. girl...we gotz to talk...

• penny2
    penny2

One night stands don't appeal to me. But when you have a one night stand, you don't think at that time, that it's just going to be for one night, do you? You think it's going to be wonderful and that you'll want to be together for a bit longer - don't you?

• arrowstar
    arrowstar
    One night stands don't appeal to me. But when you have a one night stand, you don't think at that time, that it's just going to be for one night, do you? You think it's going to be wonderful and that you'll want to be together for a bit longer - don't you?

see....!! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!! potential for disaster...someone with false expectations can lead to psycho behavior from the "injured" party. best to just avoid the trap

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Your hormones will be ruling your head. It's ok for the guy, he just wants somewhere to pocket his sperm! He'll be one of the boys while you'll be a slag.

Women are the ones who get hurt in such situations - and I'd hate the thought of you being one!

Call me old fashioned, but you must build up a good relationship first. Sex should be based on mutual trust

Ah Dansk you are a sweetie!

But I wont be hurt, although I feel a bit horrible now as he asked if he could see me again and I said "no, sorry. I can only commit for the duration of one night." I think that was low so I am going to send him a nice text to say thank you. I seem to have lost all my manners!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Sex without feeling is a pretty barren affair so why bother with one night stands? Better have a more focused, stable and productive relationship that will be of real substance and depth. So it's better to find that compatible person for a real relationship: feeling + sex.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit