One night stands

by Crumpet 80 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    One night stands don't appeal to me. But when you have a one night stand, you don't think at that time, that it's just going to be for one night, do you? You think it's going to be wonderful and that you'll want to be together for a bit longer - don't you?
    see....!! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!! potential for disaster...someone with false expectations can lead to psycho behavior from the "injured" party. best to just avoid the trap

LOL! No I was quite happy for him to go, but he wasnt very happy to go. Anyway I have been celibate for a year and spent two months of going to bed alone and I have absolutely hated it! Waking up to kisses is awesome and that hasnt happened for about 10 years, so I am very happy. I dont feel dirty, used or remotely slaggish. I feel like owned up to myself that I lacked something, addressed it and went out and got some and I still cant believe how easy it was.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

then I suppose you're a better woman than I am...

I, too, have been without for quite some time now...what year is it? I don't much like an empty bed either.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Sex without feeling is a pretty barren affair

There was plenty of feeling.

It wasnt "pretty".

Its definitely going to be barren.

I'll consider an affair as long as there are no feelings apart from friendship.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I think what some of the more mature posters are hinting at (besides obvious health and safety concerns) is that if the encounter is at all worthwhile, emotionally and physically satisfying to both parties(or in the case of IP_SEC, all of the many parties involved), why is it to be for one night only? Is there some inherent flaw in the whole encounter that is being overlooked?

Nvr

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I think what some of the more mature posters are hinting at (besides obvious health and safety concerns) is that if the encounter is at all worthwhile, emotionally and physically satisfying to both parties(or in the case of IP_SEC, all of the many parties involved), why is it to be for one night only? Is there some inherent flaw in the whole encounter that is being overlooked?

Nvr

One night only because I'm not ready for another relationship. But I still want to be hugged, kissed and ravaged occassionally. And I want to hug, kiss and ravage back occassionally.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

A one night stand is like going out and getting totally wasted.........there is always a hangover.

• zagor
    zagor

I've had my share in them especially after leaving dubland. But like any other sport this one has to have a purpose. I still think it is much better when there is chemistry between two people and I'm not referring to chemicals that barman experimented on you. It is fun in the beginning but later becomes more empty as you go, especially as you become aware you are playing Russian roulette every time you pull the "trigger" so condom is a must. Though I believe meaningful relationships are way, way better.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Though I believe meaningful relationships are way, way better

The other half of my meaningful relationship didn't want to be in it anymore though.

I think jumping head first into another relationship when my heart remains in my last one would be silly and cause more problems.

I did start this thread by saying I was against them previously. But this was extremely fulfilling - I laughed so much and it did my achey breaky heart good, possibly at the expense of someone else who was very sweet though.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Think it through girl. That's all your friends are telling you. You've had your share of bumps in the road. Don't go looking for them.

Nvr

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I think maybe I just don't really place a high value on sex. To me it's on a par with a really nice meal. But I do appreciate good advice and I won't go looking for more bumps in the road - or the bed.

I dont know who said it but I agree - the one thing you will never be on your deathbed thinking is "I wish I hadnt had so much sex". There will be long dry roads a plenty ahead of me when I get a little bit older. I made someone who was lonely very happy and made myself happy at the same time. What can be wrong with that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit