Report on Todays special talk

by stillajwexelder 78 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

The outline probably meant 20 times more devastating earthquakes in terms of human life lost, not seismic activity. They should have made that plain though, perhaps saying "although in terms of seismic activity there is no firm evidence that earthquakes have increased since 1914, the effect of major earthquakes since 1914 has increased dramatically in terms of human life lost." The fact they didn't phrase it more accurately betrays a deliberate disingenuity on their part.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    The fact they didn't phrase it more accurately betrays a deliberate disingenuity on their part.

Evil, I say. Self-preservation before accurate Bible truth. EVIL.

I remember Cain in the new Kung Fu series (where David Carridine is an old man, playing
    the original character's grandson or something).

Cain would say "You are evil and must be destroyed." I am starting to feel like that about
    the Borg.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Steps to producing Watch Tower Corporation literature from Wallkill wall flow chart.

1. Text supplied;
    2. Layout designed;
    3. Artwork from computer, image services, painting, and photography added;
    4. Writing committee reviews;
    5. Artwork scanned;
    6. Color accuracy checked;

• Sasha
    Sasha

Yes, but all and all, don't you think the world is getting worse in general??????

• Zico
    Zico
    Yes, but all and all, don't you think the world is getting worse in general??????

No Sasha, I don't. Would you really have preferred to have been born pre-20th Century, rather than the current one? No TV or Internet back then! (As well as a few more important things )

• metatron
    metatron

Architect, if your speaker said that, he's lying. The Watchtower taught that the Time of the End

began in 1799 and that the 2nd presence began in 1874. They taught this until the mid-1920's.

You can read about it in the Harp of God book - and even the Proclaimers book quietly

admits that same.

metatron

• metatron
    metatron

Architect, if your speaker said that, he's lying. The Watchtower taught that the Time of the End

began in 1799 and that the 2nd presence began in 1874. They taught this until the mid-1920's.

You can read about it in the Harp of God book - and even the Proclaimers book quietly

admits the same.

metatron

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The outline probably meant 20 times more devastating earthquakes in terms of human life lost, not seismic activity. They should have made that plain though, perhaps saying "although in terms of seismic activity there is no firm evidence that earthquakes have increased since 1914, the effect of major earthquakes since 1914 has increased dramatically in terms of human life lost." The fact they didn't phrase it more accurately betrays a deliberate disingenuity on their part. :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: Not quite, because as said, OUR speaker said it more or les that way - he was, I guess, a bit more informed or updated that the average one. It is there for everyone to see - but sadly, few really see it, they just scan the pages ...........

• Mad
    Mad

It was so entuusiastic, inspiring! (Pop! The dream faded!) It motivated me to fall asleep, so I stepped outside to enjoy the crisp mountain air, and prayed for God to DO something with HQ! I felt like I was listening to a political 'speech' which is put together & read THE SAME WAY!

It was a twin BHPR (BobbleHeadParrotReading) of the COs 'special' 'talk'....What a disgrace............................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit