Report on Todays special talk

by stillajwexelder 78 Replies latest watchtower bible

• moshe
    moshe

Seems like JW's back in the 70's were hanging on some Bible verse that in their translation of it mentioned "peace and security"- and when we heard that it was like the secret warning the early Christians had that told them to flee into the mountains- We would hear someone at a bookstudy say" I heard it again on such and such news show- so and so leader said it- everyone was psyched up for about one year over that phrase.

The earthquake statistics the the WT uses have been proven to be false- better instruments to detect earthquakes and better news reporting and far less unpopulated areas= more records of earthquakes today than have been recorded in the past.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Was "Global Warming" mentioned?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

go danny!

• RedPill2006
    RedPill2006
    Was "Global Warming" mentioned?

Nope! But they surely could "fit" that in if it is convenient. Easy. After 9/11 I kept hearing "see, this is exactly what the Bible prophesized" Some 10 years ago they wouldn't mention "Terrorism", now it is as if the JW KNEW 9/11 BEFOREhand and made it part of the "sign". Damned, that sign is surely more mysterious and complicated than Trinity......it keeps adding up or dropping stuff, so it always fits the NOW moment. I told my family that if the sign where so correct WHY on Gods earth, couldn't anybody of the JW come up with a Watchtower, 6 months before 9/11 and say "WE as Gods channel KNOW that there is a possible terrorist attack on New York prophesized for the month of September, the 9th...." Wow. Now THAT would certainly blow me away.......Nope. It is always AFTERWARDS that everything is conveniently adapted to fit the "Prophesy Craze". RedPill.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Thw wts is nothing more than a very well oiled and funded doomsday cult.

• Mary
    Mary
    Oh, I almost forgot: He mentioned that the choice is OURS. And stressed FREE WILL.....can you believe this? I almost shitted in my pants.....

Ya.....kinda like at the Memorial this year. According to the May Craptower, we shouldn't be judging anyone who wants to partake of the emblems, yet the speaker at ours specifically said "...As most, if not all of us here tonight, are not part of the new covenant and hence will not be partaking, blah, blah, blah..." Free will my ass. If someone did want to partake, how the hell do you do that when it feels like there's an invisible 44 magnum pointed at the back of your head? (go ahead punk, drink that wine and make my day).

I found this little gem that they said 57 years ago about "the End":

***w 50 2/1 p. 35 What Do You Do with Your Time? *** It might still be argued that Paul thought the time was short away back in his day; so while we can readily see the signs that Jesus foretold would mark the beginning of the time of the end, why are we not justified in concluding that there is yet ample time? Perhaps several generations will yet come and go before God’s wrath is expressed against wickedness and its final end brought about. Such a conclusion should be hastily dismissed from mind, for Jesus further said, when speaking of the signs: "This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." (Matt. 24:34) It is the generation you are living in that is primarily concerned.

Oh I forgot.......they made a slight error.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Yes, I remember the 1986 "International Year of Peace"

I was quite thrilled and thought that the "end" was near...

• Highlander
    Highlander

(go ahead punk, drink that wine and make my day).

haha, now that's funny. The craptower has employed the services of an invisible Clint Eastwood.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The earthquake thing has upset me so much I just may have to write to Brooklyn

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Maybe the whole rehash of the eartquake thing is because of the 2004 tsunimi. Hell it probably took the bobbleheads in NY this long to write the outline.

brsfst

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit