Report on Todays special talk

by stillajwexelder 78 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    the speaker mentioned how Noah preached for 120 years.

I always post my wild speculations.
    Without targeting 2034 (YET), this is how they will get past 2014, a psychological barrier for many
    faithful. Keep them focused on how the "time of the end" before the flood was 120 years, and everything
    seems to have a modern-day parallel. Forget about 2014, but the end is still coming within 120 years of
    1914 (or so, we never actually said it).

• Masterji
    Masterji

Here is the line in the outline: "Devastating earthquakes since 1914 have, on average, been 20 times

more frequent per year than during the 2,000 years prior to 1914."

Do you see the key word? Many missed it. Many preached the old stuff.

M

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

"Forget about 2014, but the end is still coming within 120 years of
    1914 (or so, we never actually said it)."

Exactly. The Society will never specifically point to 2034 but they will undoubtedly increasingly point to this supposed 120 year period parallel between Noah's time and 1914 to keep the rank and file in the 'ark'. It will gradually take hold in the JW's minds in the same way that the 'generation' parallel did (before it was dumped in 1995). Expect an increased emphasis on this supposed parallel to kick in after 2014.

They will say the end could come ANY TIME WITHIN this 120 year period. Putting it that way is how they will stop people leaving before 2034.

This is why the Society won't change the 1914 teaching at least before 2034. It is a good bet that some of the Governing Body, perhaps most, secretly hold to this 120 parallel belief. Believe me, they will pull this final chronological rabbit out of the hat when the publisher numbers really begin to dive some time soon after 2014.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Masterji,

you further prove to me that these guys are EVIL. If they know their own stuff (and that's their job),
    then they know the line is a lie:

"Devastating earthquakes since 1914 have, on average, been 20 times more frequent per year than
    during the 2,000 years prior to 1914."

They probably got somebody to put that line by telling them to reference some information in an
    older WT mag. and deliberately left out the best current information that the line isn't true. If this
    ever blows up in their faces, they can say, "The Governing Body didn't write that, some unanointed
    Given One wrote it."

Even if they didn't write it, it's their outline, the GB should have approved it. Since they turned a
    blind eye, they are guilty of encouraging false data to be passed along.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Devastating ??? that is the key word that can get them off the hook

• Arthur
    Arthur

The talking points of the talk are the same as they always have been; regardless of whatever events are taking place. In the early 1970's, the civil unrest of the late 60's and the Vietnam War was touted as "proof" that the end is just around the corner.

The WTS can focus on anything and use it as a "sign of the end". Even in a Utopian world of peace and prosperity, the Society would find something. If an old lady slipped on a banana peel and broker her hip, the WTS would say that this was part of Jesus' composite sign.

• zack
    zack

JW: "Spiritual Paradise" (the Org. is way of salvation)

Jesus: I am the way, the truth, and the life.

Why didn't I see it earlier?

Same talk and emphasis on earthquakes, 194, etc... I think they must have had a letter with this talk about staying strictly with the outline.

OTWO: I agree this is a warm up for the DC's this summer: doom and gloom and follow the FDS under the direction of the GB.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Sounds familiar!

These are the kind of talks that led me to want to run out of the hall. They would dwell so much on horrible things that I would begin to get very anxious. By the time they got on to the good news, I could no longer let go of the bad things. They attempt and succeed to place fear into people. Then they tell you what you must do to escape this horrible scenario they have invented.

A friend stopped by today after the special talk. They said it was very interesting. I asked them what it was about and they honestly couldn't remember, they had no idea for a while. Then they proceeded to tell me how horrible the world was getting. I was so glad to changer the subject.

• RedPill2006
    RedPill2006

The "Benefit" book says on chapter 24 that "words are powerfull instruments of communication" and can "cause great harm". The whole chapter is dedicated to chosing "words wisely" because they can cause "a deep effect" on people.

Well. We all know this. Marketing and Publicity use words in a smart way - suggestive words ("suggestive = Tending to bring a memory, mood, or image, for example, subtly or indirectly to mind, Conveying hidden or unexpressed meaning." quoted from Houghton Thesaurus).

Most talks, speeches, parts we hear at conventions, assemblies, meetings are FULL OF NEGATIVITY, NEGATIVE WORDS. If you keep hearing negative stuff - all your life! you tend to become a negative person....

....i have a sticky note on that chapter and counted for several meetings how many times they used words like "Danger" + "Great Danger" + "Fear" + "be careful" + "Sin" + "Sinning" and some others......YOU WOULD WONDER HOW OFTEN these words appeared!!! I've made a little list with JW's favorite negative words and the talks are FULL of them (stuff like: "if you meet with your work mates you could be in GREAT DANGER spiritually", "if you listen to that music, the danger is...." - you get the point). One talk used more than 12 times the word "danger" - it was a 15 min part on the Service meeting - NOTHING TO DO with "Danger" in itself, but it was stressed so much......My little list shows me that we've had meetings where "Devil" was used more often than "Jesus" or "Jesus Christ". Last years District Convention (and I shit you not!) the word "Jesus" was used for the first time at one of the afternoon talks!!!! After sitting there for SEVERAL hours, you hear "Jesus" for the first time......my wife (hardtime JW) couldn't believe it - i've had to show her my little list with the count i did! People don't even NOTICE this anymore!

One example of this "in action" is the other day one relative of mine came up to me and said "look, how Satan is persecuting us! We are in such a bad financial situation and exactly at the worst moment we've got some tax payment notification in the mail.....Satan never sleeps"......

Well, I guess you could call the TAX OFFICE a devilish institution, but a JW stretches this TOO far and remains in self-pitty in some kind of VICTIM status......I shaked her up and told her "this is UTTER BS! Stand up to your LIFE. BE A MAN and accept things, look for SOLUTIONS, don't come with that whinning attitude, saying it's SATAN. It's simply a tax notification that million others get. GET OVER IT and STOP WHINNING or shifting responsabilities to the big, bad guy."

No wonder there is so much depression among JW! And so much NEGATIVE thinking.......

It's talks like this one that remember me again that a NEGATIVE MENTAL OUTLOOK is being literally HAMMERED into the brains of whoever listens to those talks. I for myself used the time wisely to PLAN my business day ahead (it is a great mental training to have the speaker talking and talking and talking and at the same time being able to focus on tasks that I have to accomplish....sometimes I can plan SEVERAL DAYS ahead in EVERY DETAIL......try it one time. VERY BENEFICIAL, since everybody around you HAS to shut-up!

THIS, my friends IS FREEDOM amongst Slavery! This is FREE WILL exercised amongst an Organization that forbidds FREE WILL. My thoughts are MINE and FREE to go WHEREVER I WANT THEM TO GO!!!!!!! I review things by memory or I read up on some Novel and then "replay" the story in my head. Matter of fact, I've had some of the best ideas for my business in the KH! Never say again the meetings aren't beneficial

RedPill.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I am thrilled that they are not backing down from 1914 rhetoric

The central CORE doctrine of the Watchtower,yes the reason the Watchtower came into existence was to declare Jesus second coming in 1914.When the prophecy (derived from William Miller of 1842) failed they said that he came "invisibly".
    Ergo,no 1914 then there can be no 1918 inspection and sealing of the 'anointed' so the entire WBTS doctrinal superstructure comes crashing down like a house of cards

I get no refutations from WT/JW defenders in my hundreds of posting of the above facts,if the WT continues to keep 1914 they are doomed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit