How'd you pick your Avatar and/or Username? (Share a little bio?)

by Open mind 71 Replies latest jw friends

• gymbob
    gymbob

Easy.....My name's Bob, I work at a HS gym (20 years next month!) so all the kids just call me Gymbob or coach. I think most of them think my real name is Jim Bob!

My Avatar is me, I love riding my motorcycle off-road in the desert or mountains. But, as I get older, i'm becoming more of a streetbike rider.

Peace, love, and Bobby Sherman!

• Lunamoth
    Lunamoth

I saw my first Lunamoth feeding on a Moonflower one night under a full moon and sky just bursting with stars, I was able to approach her as closely as I desired and Lunamoths became my favorite insect. Many, many years later this is still a very vivid memory for me.

The necklace's history: Once upon a time when my sis (3 yrs older than me) was feeling badly from mistreatment from our psychomom while at some CCon, a lovely nice "sister" took this necklace from her neck and placed it on my sister. At first sis was in shock, we had no pretty things, money was tight ( as was my dad most of the time).Then when my sis realized it really was hers as a present she was soooo excited and happy, BUT psychomom was NOT. When we all got home psychomom took (stole) the necklace from my sis and wore it herself. My sis was heartbroken!..........Flash forward many, many years.... while psychomom and jimbeandad are gone to a CCon their house is broken into, several things are stolen, including, and we sibs now call it " the sister necklace"..........Flash forward about 3 years........ I'm thinking we xdubba sisters really do owe each other a lot of missed presents, bday, xmas, valentines, and on and on, I wish I could find one really awesome something. And the sister necklace pops up in my head, well I do an internet search with a description of 'teardrop pendant blue green', on the second site, there it is!! http://www.collectorsindex.com/neck7.htm My sis cried big tears when I gave it to her and said Happy Everything Nothing Day! We think it is the original from almost 25 years ago.

Love and Laughter,

Lunamoth

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

When I first got online and they ask for a nickname everything I choose was already used. After about 30 mins of trying to find something that was not used I looked around the living room for ideas and ahha.........purplesofa

When I first started posting here my username was Thinking.

my avatar? I change it alot lately........right now it is a seahag.......she looks like she enjoys life

purps

• heretic
    heretic

My Username was originally 'lifes a garden so dig it' all one word which noone understood as lifesagardensodigit. A few months later i attended englishmans bbq where i asked Simon if i could change it. he said sure send me a pm. I said I wanted to be the heretic after the 'heretic leader' from the video game halo 2, if anyone knows that storyline its pretty fitting. just2laws chimes in with hmm i think all those good ones are taken. anyway turns out its free and now me and i love being the heretic. My avatar is a symbol from a hard core punk band in Australia called mid youth crisis. its on their album covers and the singer has it tattooed on his forearm.

cheers

heretic

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

It's an expression a mate used to use at work when he was trying not to swear:

"Well, sass my frass!"

I googled a picture of Munch's The Scream. It's how I felt a couple of years ago, and I guess a good way to describe the anxiety I feel sometimes, but I'm more like a field of daisies these days. But I can't change it now, or nobody would recognise me!

• 5go
    5go

Do you really want to know ?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

So many interesting stories behind the user names!

My user name was given to me by Country Girl (Athene), cause we have a similar sense of humor and she swears I'm "bananas." She began calling me "Frannie Banannie, Queen of Franistan." So I adopted it as a user name and email addie.

I started out with a glammed-up banana avatar with a fruit hat like Chiquita Banana character. Then I switched to a head shot of myself all glammed up, but took it down after a while, because a few guys PM'd me expressing an interest and I didn't know them and figured it'd be safer just not to leave it up and give anybody any ideas. After all, the picture is about 5 yrs old and time marches on. It just happens to be marching across my face and body. So now I use the little dancing granny, cause my hair is white and I LURV to boogie and get down. Oh, sometimes I use a Lucille Ball head shot.

However.....were the choice of a user name left up to me, my user name would be something with Phoenix in it and my avatar would be.....

..............cause I left the WTS in flames and I'm rising from the ashes.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I shall now take the microphone:

This had me LMAO at the get-go! And the rest was awesomely hilarious as well. As usual.

PS- Nvr- your avatar- good one- reminds me of mini-me with a Bad Attitude! Looks good on you!!! Wear it proudly, pal.

Thanks for that Bro A! I've been told it suits me rather well. When my friend sent it to me. I was instantly in love! With your positive reception of the little guy, I think he'll be around for a while. But with all the beer he drinks, I'm spending a fortune in diapers.

Nvr

• Open mind
    Open mind

Brother Apostate said:

"When Jesus taught to "love our neighbors as ourself" he didn't mean some exclusive group, but every living human being."

You mean Jesus wasn't just talking about his miniscule group of "spirit anointed brothers"? Pheww!! Now I can start being nice to everybody. ;-)

BTW, I think I need to Netflix Austin Powers again. It's been a while.

Lunamoth:

That was a very touching story about the necklace. Thanks for sharing it.

5go:

Yes I would.

Frannie:

I love that spunky Avatar. (And you're spunky spirit!)

Nvr:

Love the baby. It's funnier. The Crumbling Tower was great too though.

Thanks to the rest of you for the interesting explanations.

Open Mind

• DJK
    DJK

My avatar is Cloud, from the Advent Children anime movie and video game. In Final Fantasy VII, Cloud fights the forces of Jenovah. He saves the planet from a disease called the stigma. Something like a depressive disorder. He is killed and then he is resurrected by a woman. Just an anime heroine, he and I have two things in common, blue eyes and he smiles only once.

After watching the movie, I thought the writer or creater of the movie was in some way affiliated with the JWs. I did a search for the writer and found most info available is in Japanese. I'll never know if there is a connection.

The letters DJK are my initials, first is last. Simple, I try to be simple and sometimes it just doesn't work well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit