How'd you pick your Avatar and/or Username? (Share a little bio?)

by Open mind 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Each time I look at the face I'm reminded of a young lad who goes to school in the jungle area of SE Asia. He has no possessions, his home is a bamboo shack with no 'furniture' or kitchen

He has no fresh water, no electricity and no possessions. He works each day so that he and his family may eat their one meal a day.

Yet, through all that, he smiles the broadest of smiles. Whenever we visit him, he's always wanting to 'look after' Mrs Ozzie (Well, you don't want to step on a landmine, do you?)

Well, Ozzie, I will never look at your avatar the same way again. That brings a tear to my eye.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks for all the posts everyone! (And sorry about my sappy, late-night, "wouldn't it be great if we could all get together" post. It was how I was feeling at the time but I think I've learned that Martinis & posting usually aren't a good mix. )

Moggy Lover: Love the cat. She's beautiful. You know the difference between dogs & cats don't you? Dogs have owners...............Cats have staff.

MsMcDucket: The purple ribbon is very thoughtful. I wish I knew how to paste a little one onto my avatar like Little Toe and others have done. Someday.

Richie Rich: You're my alter-ego dude! If someone took a picture of us standing next to each other, I'd be the PC guy and you'd be the Mac. Actually, I think you're way beyond Mac.

My avatar was taken in the bathroom at the Kingdom Hall, shortly after a meeting with the elders.

I love your avatar even more now! That Rocks!! I think there's a little Richie Rich in all of us.

Amazing: You're avatar's one of my all-time faves. That drooling blue guy says a lot.

Little Drummer Boy:

Having to stop making music with a band was like ripping my guts out.

Glad to hear you got your guts back. Too bad your life story of how you ripped your guts out and left them on the floor for the rest of your life won't appear in the Awake! now.

Bigmouth: Glad to see another Morissey fan on the board. My kids like him too. At first they were just hooked by some of his "pretty songs". Then they realized how wickedly subversive a lot of his lyrics are and still like him.

Madame Quixote:

I think it's appropriate to use any icon the Society would criticize. Since anime is very widespread, popular, and full of sex, death and violence, it suits me at the moment.

I like your style, Madame. Sophisticated, yet somewhat dangerous.

What-A-Coincidence: You always keep me guessing. I never know what picture to expect next. Keep on changing.

Numinous: Love your picture. It's hypnotic; among other things.

brunnhilde: Get back in your place, Woman!!!

Hortensia: You too!!

Warlock: Every time I see your avatar I can't help but think of Blue Oyster Cult. I've got my cross, garlic, wooden spike, and plenty of other powerless amulets to keep you at bay. Get behind me Satan!!! Sorry if, in typical dub-fashion, I've lumped warlocks in with vampires. It's all the same thing you know.

Ozziepost: Like another poster already said, I'll never look at your smiling avatar the same way again. Good reality check reminder.

I gotta go for now. If there's any more out there, keep 'em coming.

Open Mind

• BFD
    BFD

Well, my screen name is actually my second coming. My first screen name was deemed offensive by JWD so I had to pick a new one. I won't write the original name here for fear the thread will get locked (like the last time). If you want to know the original name, pm me.

My avatar has something to do with the trinity but I think I will be changing it sometime soon.

B---F----D

• juni
    juni

Hi open mind!

My avatar changes periodically. Right now I am using one that I got off of a cancer survivor's site showing my remembrance of all of the dear ones here who are ill and my hope for their recovery.

My alias is part of my e addy.

Juni

• BFD
    BFD

Sorry Fred, couldn't resist temptation.

• PEC
    PEC

My username is my initials. I picked that because, if I sister ever came here, I wanted her to instantly know, with no question in her mind that it is me. Hi Sis.

My avatar is my car, a two seat sports car, something that a JW is not allowed to own, it doesn't have room to take anyone out with you in FS and I never get stuck driving around someone else's brats. Sense I have been out, all of my cars have been two sea t sports cars.

Philip

• Open mind
    Open mind

BTTT.

Just want to get a glimpse inside a few more skulls.

Is it bad form to BTTT yourself? I kind of think it is, but I thought it might be OK on a fluffy thread like this.

Open Mind

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I feel the Holy Spirit was instrumental in guiding me to both my alias as well as my avatar.

Nvrgnbk(never goin' back) came to me in a dream much in the same way the name Jehovah's Witnesses came to

J.F. Rutherford.

The avatar of a decrepit watchtower came to me when I was meditating upon the future of the WTBTS.

[The avatar of the beer-seeking baby was given to me by a dear friend. ]

LMAO!

Nvr

Updated for new ava.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Is it bad form to BTTT yourself?

I do believe that some Bodies of Elders would consider that a disfellowshippable offense.

Nvr

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

I shall now take the microphone:

The first part of my name (Brother) was easy- I believe, as has been proven by DNA studies, that we are all "Brothers and Sisters", related to each other more closely than we might think. When Jesus taught to "love our neighbors as ourself" he didn't mean some exclusive group, but every living human being.

The "Apostate" is my real last name (I know some might find that hard to believe) but I was always suspect as a witness because of my last name.

Seriously, though- it took many years of being out of the dubs before I found humor in the word "Apostate" as JWs use it. They (the dubs) as we know, are the real apostates, and that is why, the extreme irony and hypocrisy of their use of the word "Apostate" made me want to use it as part of my moniker, my identity.

My avatar- I found Dr. Evil quite funny, so I used his likeness in my avatar. Unfortunately, Dr. Evil thought otherwise. I tried to change my avatar, but I got many PMs that felt I should stick to my guns and defy the Evil one. So, in complete disregard to his threats of fricken' sharks with fricken' laser beams attached to their heads, ill-tempered sea-bass, fembots, and the like, I stand strong, proud, and defiant against the forces of Evil!!!

Whew, glad that's over.

Anybody got a drink?

Whiskey?

Wine?

Beer?

Jeez, give me a break, people!

How about some weed?

BA

PS- Nvr- your avatar- good one- reminds me of mini-me with a Bad Attitude! Looks good on you!!! Wear it proudly, pal.

Special mention award goes to Ozzie- You da man, OZ!!! Wonderful, touching, story behind the avatar. Peace to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit