How'd you pick your Avatar and/or Username? (Share a little bio?)

by Open mind 71 Replies latest jw friends

• crashfire451
    crashfire451

My avatar is me, at home on ten pristine acres in Wimberley, Texas. Life is good. My user name is the same as my email, which I chose a couple of years back when I was Crash/Fire/Rescue in the Marine Corps. The 451 is the temperature (fahrenheit) that paper burns, as all Bradbury fans will recognize.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

My username is obvious - I have long hair. I like pictures of fairy princesses because I think they are beautiful. What I like most about them is that they have wings and seem so free.

Brunhilde- I also relate to what you said. I also had problems with the fact that I was too smart and too outspoken and would't stand for any disrespect. And you know what? I don't think Jesus meant for me to either.

LHG

• journey-on
    journey-on

My avatar is supposed to depict the thought that there are two sides to every way of looking at things. With the JW upbringing, there were some good things and some sad things about it.

My user name simply means I continue to carry on in my search for "truth" whatever that is. But after coming, seeing, and witnessing, I leave the JW thing behind and continue on.

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

I don't think I have an avatar yet.

My username is referencing my daughter. She took dance classes a couple of years ago. The 124 is her birth date (January 24th).

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I chose a name that reflected my attitude. I noticed many of the posters had similar names according to their
    feelings about Jehovah's Witnesses. My profile says "I am OnTheWayOut because I am still in my withdrawal."
    After chosing my name, I looked for a picture. This is not my original picture, but it was similar to this, a sign
    pointing to the way out. I felt that I was looking for that exit. I changed the picture when I realized that I was
    quickly getting out. Instead of a nice slow fade, I was busting out in my fade, so I thought breaking through the
    wall (of the Tower) was appropriate. If not busting through, I had pictures of a man scaling the wall.

alt

I hope, in the future, to have a picture of a couple walking away, perhaps on the beach. This would symbolize
    the wife and I leaving WT behind and getting on with the real life. It's possible that I may have a different outcome
    and a different picture. If I get DF'ed or this cult leads to divorce, I will post the appropriate picture for my feelings.

It's not important that you have a reason for the picture you use, just that it's the picture you want to use.

• bluebell
    bluebell

blue is my favorite colour and bell is my surname

the choice of avatar was because im boring and dont think much so i went for the obvious - a bluebell, and i do think they are pretty especially in woods in late spring/early summer

• M.J.
    M.J.

Avatar: The regnal years of all the POPULAR Babylonian kings are well accounted for. But when you add them up to get to 607 BCE for the fall of Jerusalem they come up twenty years short. Why? Because no one counts King Nevawuzza! King Nevawuzza reigned for twenty years! He was just REAL secretive about it.

• olvidado
    olvidado

My name means "forgotten" in Spanish. After several months of disassociation I found a guy who was disfellowshipped and who wanted to get reinstated. He was going to all the meetings for almost one year. We talked and he told me that it was very strange, but since I have been disassociated it was like I had never existed. I was in the same congregation for 15 years, but he told me that after the anouncement of my desassociation nobody ever spoke about me again. He said that it was strange. And I think that I was to remain that, "olvidado" by the Watchtower. And my avatar is a picture of me, the last day of the semester with my students of Spanish in the university (my first group) , proud of them because they had learnt good Spanish and that I could contribute to their learning. Moreover, they made some gifts and there I was, smiling and happy.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I lurked for a few weeks, then finally joined this board back in '01. I made up the name on the spur of the moment. I live in Minnesota, an American state called the "Gopher" state. Our state's university sports teams are nicknamed the Golden Gophers. (A few board members back then were named after animals. It was like a zoo here! )

My current avatar is a picture of Fred Grandy, the actor who portrayed Gopher on the 1970's TV series "The Love Boat".

• ninja
    ninja

long story to my user name...as for my avatar...I can relate to donnie darko (apart from talking to 6 foot rabbits...well only occasionally)he is pretty much a loner and has his own mind and does crazy stuff (all for good).....he's the man

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit