How'd you pick your Avatar and/or Username? (Share a little bio?)

by Open mind 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

My screen name started out on H20 as "Simply Amazing" based on a fellow British engineer who used to use the expression quite often. I tried to get it to be just "SA" but it was too late. My thought was that my ex-JW experience (and looking back at my JW experience) was 'simply amazing.' When I joined JWD, I shortened it to "Amazing." As for my Avitar ... well the action figure actually vomits ... but when I applied it, it stuck as is with the silly blue face with some slime dripping out. I will change it some day when I get around to it. My other screen name, "Amazing 1914" was used when I my posts were pulled down for a time.

Jim Whitney

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

Little Drummer Boy because I was a good drummer in a band before I got into the borg. Having to stop making music with a band was like ripping my guts out. I decided to go with LDB because it is a Christmas character who is a drummer and I get to celebrate Christmas again.

edit to say: I did have a pic of the LDB from the show up at first but I got tired of it. Now I kinda just use whatever avatar I'm in the mood for.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I love rock music. Bigmouth relates to The Smiths 'Bigmouth Strikes Again'. My avatar used to be of The Smiths outside the Salford Lads Club in Manchester. I changed the image to the cover of NZ band The Bats 'Fear of God' album because I liked the image better.

I can be quite extrovert but I don't really think I have a big mouth. I'm pretty tactful.

• EnlightenedMind
    EnlightenedMind

My avatar came from a Newsweek cover, and I thought it was most fitting.

The article is about God and the Brain, and how we may be wired to believe in god. Here's a link, if anyone is interested in reading it.

https://notes.utk.edu/Bio/greenberg.nsf/0/e938e40271ec394c85256a4a00626175?OpenDocument&Click=

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I use Jaguar bass for everything. I tried to get Rickenbackerbass but that was taken other places and I would have to be Rickenbackerbass653 or something like that. Same with Gibsonbass, Kramerbass, Fenderbass and Ibenezbass. But the Jaguar bass just came out recently so I could be Jaguarbass with no number or add on. So I grabbed it. The picture is me playing bass guitar with one of my bands "High Tides" named after the Outlaws song Green grass and High Tides forever. The Outlaws are a southern rock group popular in the southern states similar to lynrd skynrd, Molly Hatchet, the Allmond brothers, Blackfoot.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Well, my alias was inspired by 3 things. First:For a JW everything out of the borg is apostat or againts Jesus.Second: Now that I have long hair and I used to have a big beard people would say that I looked like Jesus ( even if they don't now what he looked like) or that I look like a cult leader and third: I like the way that word makes people react.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Very interesting.

My previous avatar was a pressed fairy from Lady Coddington's Book Of Pressed Fairies, which is rather graphic, gross and hilarious. Also, pagan, of course, so I loved it.

My current avatar is an anime-style drawing of me. It was done by an otaku, a "fan" (of Japanese culture and anime art) at an Anime convention. I think it's appropriate to use any icon the Society would criticize. Since anime is very widespread, popular, and full of sex, death and violence, it suits me at the moment.

Madame Quixote refers to me stabbing at the windmills of the Watchtower Society, like Don Quixote stabbing at his windmills. My windmill is, however, very real to me, despite it being insignificant to at least 99% of the people on the planet.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i was cursed by Jaracz and I had a kid ... "The Spawn of Wac"

• knock knock
    knock knock

I chose my name because I figure it's something you can all relate to. (God knows none of you could ever relate to me in any other way! Or maybe it's vice-versa?)

I tried to find a closeup pic of of a hand about to knock on a door but couldn't find a suitable one and then ran across the "Jesus out in field service" pic. I see he forgot his bookbag though. (and I wonder if Jesus would get dinged for going overtime in the ministry school?)

• Numinous
    Numinous

The word Numinous can mean "wholly other". After my experience with the witnesses, I told myself I would never again put all my eggs in one basket. I didn't want to fit a label and everything I learned would be put on the back burner with the freedom to look at it again whenever I wanted. Carl Jung used the word to describe feelings during a supernatural experience, a bit of mystery is in the word and it fits my life as it is now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit