Merry Becomes A Muslim (a bit long)

by Merry Magdalene 147 Replies latest jw experiences

• deeskis
    deeskis

hey (((merry)))

So, sincerely, all the best Merry, I hope Islam continues to make you happy and give you what you need.

ditto.............

I also wondered about something you mentioned in myspace, but didn't continue.......

it was about your ?christian experience, and the intense relationship you felt with Jesus...........how does that fit in with your new beliefs?

Thanks for sharing, you have a great writing style and always get me thinking!

D

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Merry:
    It sounds like your Turkish friend was as persistent as a JW

A Muslim is one who submits to The One God, Allah in Arabic. It is anyone who has ever accepted the message sent from God to any race in any nation throughout all time by means of His various prophets, including Abraham, Moses, and Jesus (peace be upon them).

So you're simply an excessively romantic theist with a penchant for mysticism, as supplied through a foreign language (Arabic), then?

Muslims honor all messengers and all messages sent from Allah, but also recognize that the former messages were eventually lost or distorted. The Qur'an being the final message, however, confirms the former messages and was promised to be protected.

...and with a substitute set of Middle Eastern religious baggage and ancient texts?

• zagor
    zagor

Marry, I'm glad you found a peace in this new direction in your life. I hope it works out well for you. I would just like to ask you a couple of questions if you don't mind that popped on my mind as I was reading this thread and subsequent comments.

How long did you investigate this new religion? and what method of investigation did you use? (meaning did you read only pro-Islam literature or did you try looking it from other angles) You don't have to answer if you feel that goes too far but I would appreciate very much so if you took time to answer. Another subquestion would be, would you change your path if you found something even more revealing in another religion or philosophy? Ok that's three questions :)

Have a good rest.

John

• glitter
    glitter

You said: It was after I saw a documentary entitled Suffer the Little Children exposing the problem of child molestation coverups in the Society that I went online to see if there was a follow-up on those who had shared their stories. That led me to Silent Lambs, Free Minds, and the Jehovah's Witness Discussion Forum.What about Aisha?

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Hey merry, I have really enjoyed reading your thoughts on your page in the past and think it is awesome that you have told people.

I was at my local metaphysics shop a couple of weeks ago and they had a well worn Quaran for sale, and thinking of you I picked it up.

I think that your conversion is honest and heartfelt and I hope that you will find happiness wherever you go.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Merry

Thanks for sharing your experience. But I've always been puzzled by the attraction of blacks to the Muslim movement. All down through history, it was the Muslims who enslaved the blacks even well before it was done by white Europeans and continued well after the "slave trade" to the West was discontinued. They were involved in the trafficking of slaves during the entire time. If blacks reject Christianity on the bases of these past abuses, wouldn't it also apply to the Mulims who were in the business long before and long afterwards?

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Hello, Merry.

I've spoken to you a few brief times, both here and on myspace (I'm Lisaisheretoday over there)...I always enjoyed your myspace, the music, the pictures, so I check it from time to time to see what you have done with the place...

I was sure surprised a little while back when I checked it and it was all muslimed out! Thanks for posting your story. It was very interesting.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    But I've always been puzzled by the attraction of blacks to the Muslim movement. All down through history, it was the Muslims who enslaved the blacks even well before it was done by white Europeans and continued well after the "slave trade" to the West was discontinued. They were involved in the trafficking of slaves during the entire time. If blacks reject Christianity on the bases of these past abuses, wouldn't it also apply to the Mulims who were in the business long before and long afterwards?

Don't confuse Islam (the large, broad ancient religion) with The Nation of Islam, a small American Islamic cult type group.

( The Nation of Islam is to Islam what JWs are to Christianity.)

• anewme
    anewme

Somehow I have the feeling this will be but a stepping stone in your religious journey Merry.

But your path is unique and would make a good read!

Thankyou for sharing!

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

lisa

I'm aware of the distinction you mention. But many blacks who joined the Black Muslim movement did so because of the past abuses of the white "Christian" involvment in the slave trade. They equated Christianity with slavery. So, by rejecting Christianity they were divorcing themselves from this terrible history. Black Muslims claim to be part of Islamic world. But the abuses of slavery were a part of the Islamic history long before and long after the participation of Europeans. Why would blacks reject one system of belief for another if the histories of both were involved in this tragic and terrible practice? Is it a case of not knowing the historical background?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit