Merry Becomes A Muslim (a bit long)

by Merry Magdalene 147 Replies latest jw experiences

• zagor
    zagor

Well Merry is not alone there, not by a long shot. I just came across this video. Can anyone from Scotland confirm this is really true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-XFLF01UTw

• deeskis
    deeskis

He's been married seven times because he's addicted to wedding cake.....rofl!

can't confirm the Scottish angle, Been over here and out of the org too long. he said he was " National Overseer" and left the borg in '69, was born in skye but educated in Birmingham...........

Any other Brits know of this man Dr. J Nicholson??

• Tras
    Tras

So now you're claiming that Cyrus may have been a Muslim, as if that's better than Alexander having been one? And are you truly confessing a belief that Zoroastrianism is a root of Islam? That should please the Sufis... Shame so many of them have lost their lives over time, though.

Jelcant nor the Quran claim that Cyrus was a Muslim. Cyrus most closely fits the descriptin of the Qur'an, but the Qur'an never names Alexander or Cyrus. Besides, who is to say that Zoroaster was not originally a propeht? The Qur'an says there were over 100,000 Prophets, and that a prophet was sent to all nations. His teachings could have very easily have been distorted into the known Zoroastrian beliefs of today.

When a Muslim prays, they are standing before God, the five prayers are also known as the contact prayers. You can't stand before God while blood flows from your body. Using women hygienic products doesn't stop the blood from flownig, it simply absorbs the blood that does flow. I'm not trying to gross anyone out, but would any guy perform any sexual act on a woman that is menstruating? Why not if there is nothing wrong with? So you're saying it's gross for you, but it should be good for God? Don't you find this reasoning sick and twisted?

One cannot stand before God while unclean. If someone were to use the bathroom for either one or two, they must wash with water, and do ablusion again before praying. If someone passed gas while praying, he's got to do ablusion and begin prayer over again. If someone were to have an orgasm, they need to shower before prayer, if there was contact between unamarried man and woman (such as a rub, or a soft touch that was intended) they both have to do ablusion again. That's it. Beats drinking a beer and passing gas in the pick-up truck on your way to church (All Christians don't do this, and JW's never would, but down here in my little town in FL, I've seen even worse).

Basically, Mary, Jelcat and others are happy being Musims, and this board insists on attacking them. From what I've seen, they fight off arguments soundly, then the defeated arguments are quietly dropped while new ones are launched. And when you get down low enough in the thread, the dropped argument is brought back again, and the process begins all over again. SOME of you people may have been better off being witnesses, it seems you don't know what to do with all your free time other than be hateful to others simply because they choose to believe differently than you. Use your energies on something positive, there is already too much pain in this world.

Alright, now lets all go out and try and have a nice day, for all we know, it could be our last.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Tras:

The Qur'an says there were over 100,000 Prophets, and that a prophet was sent to all nations. His teachings could have very easily have been distorted into the known Zoroastrian beliefs of today.

I'll set aside your assumption that they've been "distorted" to ask why you think that God stopped using prophets nearly 1400 years ago, when He was allegedly happy to use them for thousdands of years before that?

You can't stand before God while blood flows from your body.

Why not? Didn't he invent the process?

I'm not trying to gross anyone out, but would any guy perform any sexual act on a woman that is menstruating?

Why not, if she's agreeable? Many women find that their hormone levels are such that they are highly arousable at that time. Gyles (Abaddon) has already addressed the application of ancient ideas of science and purity vs modern understanding.

Basically, Mary, Jelcat and others are happy being Musims, and this board insists on attacking them.

Attack? Have you actually read this thread? You've either led a very sheltered life or are very paranoid. Ask Merry if she feels "attacked". I think you'll find that she's already responded to that several pages back...

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Tras

You never did really respond to me pointing out your claim that stoning for adultery is a Qur'anic law is totally false.

Be that as it may;

You can't stand before God while blood flows from your body. Using women hygienic products doesn't stop the blood from flownig, it simply absorbs the blood that does flow. I'm not trying to gross anyone out, but would any guy perform any sexual act on a woman that is menstruating? Why not if there is nothing wrong with? So you're saying it's gross for you, but it should be good for God? Don't you find this reasoning sick and twisted?

Tras, wake up and smell the hemoglobin. LOADS of men do, and LOADS of women want then to. Some women are too crampy to want to, others find sex during their period a relief. Others, sadly have been raised to think their own bodies are disgusting 1/4 of the time.

Allah supposedly made the human body; does Allah regret what he has done or find what he has done unclean? No. So how could Allah punish women for something natural and non-harmful. Your slavish literalism makes a fool of Allah as you swallow down absurdities that are shameful to believe of god.

Basically, Mary, Jelcat and others are happy being Musims, and this board insists on attacking them.

Get a grip and actually stop making false claims about your own holy scriptures before you falsely accuse others of attacking Muslims. Spirirted debate about beliefs is not attacking. I've stated clearly I have no problem with someone being a Muslim.

What I am trying to understand is why a convert would choose a more traditional form of the belief.

Islam has many varients, all the way from utter scum like the Taliban to people today who are looking at Islam in the way Christianity was examined in the 18th and 19th Century. I can list different sects if you like, and you can pretend like they're not so different they aren't at war with each other in Iraq.Again.

Oh, and don't worry, I think white-power Christian churches and Fundy Christians who bomb abortion clinic are scum to.

NONE of the varieties of Islam can prove their version is right. They might claim it, but claims mean nothing when everyone makes the same one.

So why go for one that clings to vestiges of primative patriarchal pastoralist traditions pre-dating Islam? Why go for traditional forms of the beliefs that, as the evidence around the world shows, give rise to societies where women suffer disadvantage?

Tell me, do you expect your wife/ves to stop working and raise your children, keep your home? Or would you be happy with her/they continuing in her/their careers? If you disagree with your wife/ves over something, do you expect your word to be final? Will you beat your wife/ves lightly so as not to make a mark (as allowed by Islamic Scripture) if she/they won't listen to you? If your daughter is an incredibly talented athlete, say a born gymnast, or gets a scholarship to ballet school, will you stop her? Would you stop a son with the same opportunites?

I'm not attacking you. I am trying to understand how SO many things that add up to inequality can be seen as equality. Trying to see how your background influences you (just as ours does us).

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

altYou might considered this book .... it's a VERY interesting read:

Editorial Reviews

Book Description
    In this startling new book, New York Times bestselling author Robert Spencer, provides a warts-and-all portrait of the Prophet of Islam and draws out what his life implies for reforming Islam and repulsing Islamic terrorists. Spencer relies solely on primary sources considered reliable by Muslims and evaluates modern biographies to show how Muhammad has been changed for Western audiences, lulling them into consoling but false conclusions.

From the Inside Flap
    Muhammad: a frank look at his influential (and violent) life and teachings

In The Truth about Muhammad, New York Times bestselling author and Islam expert Robert Spencer offers an honest and telling portrait of the founder of Islam-perhaps the first such portrait in half a century-unbounded by fear and political correctness, unflinching, and willing to face the hard facts about Muhammad's life that continue to affect our world today.

From Muhammad's first "revelation" from Allah (which filled him with terror that he was demonpossessed) to his deathbed (from which he called down curses upon Jews and Christians), it's all here-told with extensive documentation from the sources that Muslims themselves consider most reliable about Muhammad.

Spencer details Muhammad's development from a preacher of hellfire and damnation into a political and military leader who expanded his rule by force of arms, promising his warriors luridly physical delights in Paradise if they were killed in his cause. He explains how the Qur'an's teaching on warfare against unbelievers developed-with constant war to establish the hegemony of Islamic law as the last stage.

Spencer also gives the truth about Muhammad's convenient "revelations" justifying his own licentiousness; his joy in the brutal murders of his enemies; and above all, his clear marching orders to his followers to convert non-Muslims to Islam-or force them to live as inferiors under Islamic rule.

In The Truth about Muhammad, you'll learn

- The truth about Muhammad's multiple marriages (including one to a nine-year-old) - How Muhammad set legal standards that make it virtually impossible to prove rape in Islamic countries - How Muhammad's example justifies jihad and terrorism - The real "Satanic verses" incident (not the Salman Rushdie version) that remains a scandal to Muslims - How Muhammad's faulty knowledge of Judaism and Christianity has influenced Islamic theology--and colored Muslim relations with Jews and Christians to this day.

Recognizing the true nature of Islam, Spencer argues, is essential for judging the prospects for largescale Islamic reform, the effective prosecution of the War on Terror, the democracy project in Afghanistan and Iraq, and immigration and border control to protect the United States from terrorism.

All of which makes it crucial for every citizen (and policymaker) who loves freedom to read and ponder The Truth about Muhammad.

• Xena
    Xena

After looking at just a few items about Mr. Spencer you can't help but wonder how biased this book might or might not be.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    and this board insists on attacking them

Begging your pardon Tras, but how is asking questions "attacking"? I've seen several folks here (such as Abaddon and Little Toe) ask questions, only to be ignored. If you can provide real answer I'd be interested in listening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit