Ask Fred E Hathaway, a.k.a. Q. Bert

by Fred E Hathaway 213 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zico
    Zico

Why did you set up the Q. Bert account when you already had the Fred E Hathaway one?

• BFD
    BFD

Why don't you answer? Did you bite off more than you can chew?

BFD

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

FRED; I WILL NOT ASK A question. But make a statement. these guys really gave you some great questions. i know everyone of these questions. I never found one jw that ever did any research, deep research into the 1919 stuff. NOT ONE. In fact it took me years to research 1914, 1919 etc. I did it all by my self. AGAIN I HAVE NEVER MET ONE JW. WHO EVER READ ANYTHING FROM THAT TIME. and i asked 1000's. but every jw i've ever met will swear up and down about 1919. till you ask them some questions, then they get brain lock. the point being made is jw's just talk . when push come to shove about the 1922 convention at CEDAR pt ohio. the jw's know one line advertise, advertise, advertise. but what were they advertising? in detail no jw can answer. FRED in all honesty it would take you months if not years ,researching all the old wt's to just answer one or two of the questions posed to you on this thread. hint none of the answers are on the wt CD. you got your work cut out for you. come back in a year or two. and tell me all about "FINISHED MYSTERY" 1917 , " THE TIME IS AT HAND" 1889 WT REPRINTS 1910-1925. If you researched just 1% of this stuff. you would know more about the wt lies. Than any jw in your whole state. john

• bennyk
    bennyk

A blast-from-the-past:

01. April 1986 QfR:

Do we have Scriptural precedent for taking such a strict position? Indeed we do! Paul wrote about some in his day: "Their word will spread like gangrene. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of that number. These very men have deviated from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already occurred; and they are subverting the faith of some." (2 Timothy 2:17, 18; see also Matthew 18:6.) There is nothing to indicate that these men did not believe in God, in the Bible, in Jesus’ sacrifice. Yet, on this one basic point, what they were teaching as to the time of the resurrection, Paul rightly branded them as apostates, with whom faithful Christians would not fellowship.

This is most fascinating. When the F&DS was supposedly appointed in 1919, the Watch Tower Society was still teaching that the Resurrection had begun in 1878 -- a teaching not altered until 1927 -- and which teaching the WTS now rejects as false. (Indeed, one would be disfellowshiped today for holding the pre-1927 view.) Does it not bugger the imagination to believe the Lord appointed over all his belongings an organisation that (by its own published standard) would be 'rightly branded apostate, with whom faithful Christians would not fellowship'?

• Arthur
    Arthur

In All Fairness,

I have noticed that the last post that Fred made was a little after midnight last night. It appears that he set up this thread last night and perhaps intended to come back to it this evening (he may be at work). So, let's give him a little more time.

However, I am also curious as to what his answers are to the good questions that have been raised regarding the 1919 selection of the "Faithful Slave" (particularly by TD and AK-Jeff). We await . . .

• Fred E Hathaway
  • Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

But you're here anyway, on this thread of mine, to ask something of me, or so it seems. Perhaps you feel that I'll treat you with some respect. It is my style, after all.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I have a question:

JW dogma currently holds that (1) only the faithful and discreet slave class would be expecting Christ's parousia to begin in 1914 and that (2) the Bible Students were expecting Christ's parousia to begin in 1914.

So, why do all the articles from Zion's Watchtower and Herald of Christ's Presence that discuss parousia up until at least 1920 state that his parousia began in 1874 and that he was enthroned as king in 1878?

Is it even remotely possible that they were still waiting for something in 1914 that they were dogmatically stating had occurred some 40 years prior?

How do you answer, Fred?

—AuldSoul

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

to jayhawk1:

To your first question: What I hear at their meetings and see in their publications (including the NWT).

Your other questions remind me of the answer that the discreet virgins gave to the foolish ones at Matthew 24:9.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Fred: If you follow WT Dogma ... why did you decide to "associate" with so called "apostates"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit