My self-worth does not actually depend on another poster's opinion of me.

by Frannie Banannie 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    A thick skin is called for when posting in a public forum.

BA- What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Yes and absolutely, ((((((((BA))))))))

That 90% are everywhere in different measure.

(raises hand as though a show of hands were called for)

Welcome to the JWD forum, (((((((((RCrusoe)))))))) Good to have you here, chere! Where abouts are you, the states? UK? Canada? Aussie? We'll be glad to hear your story, any part you're comfortable with tellin'.

Hugs,

Frannie (of the "I've gotta get some rest now" class)

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

(((((Fran)))))

Wow.

I just arrived on the scene and haven't had time to look back to see who slugged ya! It must be that he/she has NO IDEA what a great and caring person you are....and I have "been acquainted" with you for quite a few years now. I am astounded that there is anyone that could cause this much irritation with such a WRONG opinion of you.

And opinion is all that it is....we can't please everyone, and some people are complete dorks no matter what. They are born that way and die that way. I have been engaging in conversation with a dork that claims to be well-educated and claims to have a legal background and another la-de-dah profession on the profile....and acts like an uneducated and brazen, know it all JERK. They slither in everywhere.

I frankly do not CARE what this person's OPINION IS of me, or on anything else....it does not pay the mortgage or put food on the table. Scuse me if these people think the world revolves around what THEY think of US.

I am sorry this person has hurt you enough to cause you to have to write this, and you know (and now THEY KNOW) how VERY MUCH you are loved and thought of. You have been through so much and struggled with so many things over the years....and you DO have fine and compassionate advice you can offer and share with others!

Frannie, you have made me roar with laughter and then turn around and weep with something you have written, either on a public forum and in private PMs. You are a unique, VERY special and a most treasured FRIEND. I cannot THINK of anything you could have EVER DONE that could have been as bad as it has been portrayed.

Rest assured, you can hit the pillow tonight, knowing how many great friends you have made....simply for the fact of being....YOU!

love and hugs ALWAYS....

Annie

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I have felt that several times in the past, I was ripped a new hiney......and didnt deserve it.....from the same poster........and replied rather rudely, with name calling. Which I have learned is just plain dumb, and Im stuping to their level. But I get so upset I cant help myself.

I have had a few other posters make comments on my threads that were just completely uncalled for.........that raises the hair on the back of my neck! I wont ignore it.....Why should I? Other posters saw their comments! They know! When certain posters are rude, they label themselves......we dont have to do it for them!

I know its over.....but you never forget.......! (seems like a few months later they creep up on ya and do it again!)

• Angharad
    Angharad

I think it time this issue ended and was taken up by PM if anyone wants to continue it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit