If you had to, what religion would you choose to be?

by Crumpet 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• agapa37
    agapa37

Well since you asked.....

I'd be interested in a religion that valued the unseen mysteries and marvels all around us and who viewed life as a continuing cycle of birth and rebirth and love and lovers endlessly finding each other.
    Loving dead ancestors would be of help to the living.

Its church would be a cathedral of redwood trees above and ferns below near a waterfall with blue birds flying close to the water.

So I would be a nature worshiper I guess. The full moons, the warm sun, the wind,the sparkling water and tides all would be very important to me. We would be intimately involved with each other. And one day I would join them

can someone say MISERY (like the movie)? I am happy where I am at right now.

• lola28
    lola28

Kindness.

Lola

• free2think
    free2think
    Personally, I like to attend the gatherings at Wal-Mart, or the local mall!!

I'd join your religion CBB. Oh wait I already am a member

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I would have to say Buddhist. Seeing they can pretty much make a place for all. And there I can just "be". Seems to be an underlying theme lately. While in class last year I kept noticing that the things I follow most closely were aligned with Buddhism. Seems appropriate.

I was going to mention this earlier and thought i did, but perhaps I did not because it for a bit appeared that everyone was umping on the Buddha train and that made it less attractive. But then again, why avoid something because everyone does it just to make a statement. Sometimes things are done because they are good. lol I think I am thinking in circles a bit.

• dawg
    dawg

Religion was created by our primate ancestors during their social evolution by those that had small penises and small brains... it was the only way they could find to get a leg up on the physically dominate males and they needed an edge so they could mate. I'm writing a book called "the Killing of the Alpha" and I'm calling on us as a species to stop all systems that call for any forms of domination between the sexes or any institutions (governments ectera) and call for a spirit of cooperation. If we don't learn to do this we're doomed as a species. So I guess "cooperation" has become my religion.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

dawg, tell me when your book is comming out, it's sounds interesting.

• dawg
    dawg

Anti-Christ,

I started writing it about three months ago and I've only got 35 pages... I hate to say it but I'm so darn anal that it may take awile, but my friend owns a publishing company and it may cure my poverty so I need to get busy. Keep it cool Anti, I hope to keep hearing from you.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

dawg, you will be hearing from me. I whanted to write a book called " And man created god in his own image" but I don't like to write.

• dawg
    dawg

You're right anti... look at what a hateful species man is and look at what an ass the Bibical god is.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I'm all for religious liberalism Unitarian Universalists are very good. I'm currently going to a Presbyterian, they are struggling with liberalism and some are very for it.

Ruth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit