What's the difference between humans and animals if there is no God

by JH 85 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

If I am merely an animal, and am just a happenstance that came into being because of something called the evolutionary process, then:

I am not special, I am not created, I don't have a purpose, I am not intricately made, I am not unique, I hold NO value or worth, I am not an individual,

I for one believe that animals are special, intricate, unique, have much value, and have individual personalities and the capacity to love. What they lack is the ability to ruin things on the same scale as humans have done. Sure, we humans are "special" but not necessarily in a good way.

W

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    When you don't know, you shouldn't post

You don't know. That's why you posted the question.

• JH
    JH

I love your comment Finally Free

I for one believe that animals are special, intricate, unique, have much value, and have individual personalities and the capacity to love.

I loved all my pets, and feel what you say above.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I don't know?

When you don't know, you shouldn't post....

No. She knows she don't know.

• V
    V

If you look at the DNA, NOT MUCH! Humans share 97% of their DNA with chimps.

Animals use tools, communicate using sounds and have community rules.

Some humans HAVE to invent God just to keep their ego inflated. Hope you feel better...

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

When I was a child, I loved to read Sci-Fi. It took me to great adventures on other worlds. I remember the ending from one book - after the space people had been saved from some "higher powered enemy" by another "higher powered enemy"- the character being saved thought the smile that the saviour was giving him looked like an "evil growl" (the man bared all his teeth). He didn't understand human emotions. He thought to himself "Now, who's going to save us from them?".

• Threestars
    Threestars

Here are some related questions:

What is the difference between dogs and cats if there is no God?

What is the difference between cats and birds if there is no God?

What is the difference between birds and bees (haha) if there is no God?

What is the difference between bees and cockroaches if there is no God?

What is the difference between cockroaches and monkeys if there is no God?

What is the difference between monkeys and humans if there is no God?

What does the variety of life forms on planet earth have to do with whether or not there is a God? Did you ever talk to a biologist???? He or she would have plenty of answers and would be able to back them up with scientific data and not just faith in things unseen. Those who believe, believe, and those who do not, do not. Both sides will argue forever, till the sun goes supernova and none of it will make any difference.

I still want to know why God is a always a boy. Does "He" have male genitals? If "He" doesn't have male genitals then can we call Him "She" if we feel so inclined? If God is androgynous then can we say "He" or "She" if we are so inclined?

No offense intended. My "religious" upbringing made me an agnostic. I don't know what I believe but I sure don't believe that God has genitalia.

• startingover
    startingover

Great comments Walter! It would really be hard to live with a cockatoo and not come to that conclusion.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I still want to know why God is a always a boy. Does "He" have male genitals? If "He" doesn't have male genitals then can we call Him "She" if we feel so inclined? If God is androgynous then can we say "He" or "She" if we are so inclined?

All well and thoughtfully "spoken," Threestars. As for the divine genitalia issue, it probably stems from those who sincerely believe in God having the need for him to be an all-powerful "Father figure," the classic or traditional "provider" in the family arena. And yet.....women are providers, also.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

How do you know there is only ONE god? What if there are hundreds? God of the sea, of the wind, of the land, of the sky, of the sun, you get the picture. Of course, if you believe the Bible, there is a God, and only one. But there were plenty of people who believed in many gods, and many still do.

I've exited the JWs, but sometimes I feel like I'm still stuck with Christianity. So what if most religious people in my part of the world are Christian... that's just because of the geography, not because Christianity is better or more correct than any other way of worshipping a god, gods or diety, or not worshipping anything at all.

If there is a god, I don't think he cares how he's worshipped. If he did, he'd let us know what he wanted. ALL of us, not just the western world.

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit