What's the difference between humans and animals if there is no God

by JH 85 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

If there is no God, does this make us the most intelligent Animal?

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Animals can't tell the god that doesn't exist to go bite himself (or herself).

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

Can I go on a cyber rampage for just a moment?

The core of this thinking really de-values us as individuals.

If I am merely an animal, and am just a happenstance that came into being because of something called the evolutionary process, then:

I am not special, I am not created, I don't have a purpose, I am not intricately made, I am not unique, I hold NO value or worth, I am not an individual,

I could go on but I am sure you get the point.

I am a youth worker and it is amazing to see adults scratch their heads and wonder why there is more depression, more suicide, more cutting, more anorexia, more substance abuse, more more more......

Our children are a product of a few generations being told they were NOT created and intricately designed by a loving God who cares about them, knows every hair on their head, gave them a special personality of their own, breathed life into them and called it GOOD!

These kids have nothing to live for when they are told they are nothing more than an animal.

Animals act upon their instincts....and we wonder why these kids just can't seem to keep it in their pants? Why? Because they are being told they are nothing more than animal. Girls are selling themselves short when all the while they are sooooo special and so loved by a God who knows their deepest thoughts, desires, and hurts.

I see a lot of tragedy coming out of this teaching and it pains me that people sit back and wonder what happened to our youth today.

Stop teaching the money bs and tell them they are created by a loving God who desires to know them intimately!

Okay.....I'm off the box now.

• prophecor
    prophecor

That would mean that we're all just dead meat, waiting to happen!

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Never seen an animal grill burgers on the bbq grill!

BA- finally, proof of God's existence!

PS- Of course, a silly question gets a silly answer- Of course there's a God!

• JH
    JH

I believe there is a God, but I started this thread for those who don't believe.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I don't know?

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

JH,

My answer is for those who don't believe as well. I understand throwing something out there for a thought provoking thread. Just couldn't help but jot my scattered thoughts down.

• JH
    JH
    I don't know?

When you don't know, you shouldn't post....

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Yes, but wouldn't we even if there was a God or are you including a possible God as an intelligent animal?

Can I go on a cyber rampage for just a moment?

The core of this thinking really de-values us as individuals.

If I am merely an animal, and am just a happenstance that came into being because of something called the evolutionary process, then:

I am not special, I am not created, I don't have a purpose, I am not intricately made, I am not unique, I hold NO value or worth, I am not an individual,

I could go on but I am sure you get the point.

I am a youth worker and it is amazing to see adults scratch their heads and wonder why there is more depression, more suicide, more cutting, more anorexia, more substance abuse, more more more......

Our children are a product of a few generations being told they were NOT created and intricately designed by a loving God who cares about them, knows every hair on their head, gave them a special personality of their own, breathed life into them and called it GOOD!

These kids have nothing to live for when they are told they are nothing more than an animal.

Animals act upon their instincts....and we wonder why these kids just can't seem to keep it in their pants? Why? Because they are being told they are nothing more than animal. Girls are selling themselves short when all the while they are sooooo special and so loved by a God who knows their deepest thoughts, desires, and hurts.

I see a lot of tragedy coming out of this teaching and it pains me that people sit back and wonder what happened to our youth today.

Stop teaching the money bs and tell them they are created by a loving God who desires to know them intimately!

Okay.....I'm off the box now.

There's another opinion, but just because you want there to be a God, doesn't mean there is one. I wonder if God sits around and wonders who made him? I wonder what psycological problems that creates?

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit