Tell us a weird fact about yourself

by ninja 120 Replies latest jw friends

• mama1119
    mama1119

I only have a third of a lung on my right side.

• blondie
    blondie

After reading Terry's list I feel quite ordinary myself.

Just to say though, I am not Debbie Harry...........I know it is a let-down.

Blondie

• Highlander
    Highlander

I have pet rats. My wife and I breed and raise them ourselves. (Note that I didn't say breed with) We got a couple of rats about 3-4 years ago, and one turned out to be pregnant. It just sorta went on from there.

Rats rule. Cats drool.

IsaacJ

• LaniB
    LaniB

I have a deathly fear of .......... snails and slugs.

ick, shudder (and a slight cringe because I can't believe I just admitted to that)

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    I can't use Q-Tips because I can "hear" them squeak/ same goes for touching cotton balls.

You and me both! I'm also the same way with styrofoam blocks used to package things. I shiver at touching or hearing them squeak. I also soothe myself by sucking air in through my teeth when this happens.

I think I already mentioned my phobias here. Tonight I'm watching the Galapagos show on the NGC and I got to see the object of my phobia without freaking out tho I had to turn away.

I possess a document that is of minor historical interest that is probably the only copy in existence.

I can recite the first 20 lines of the Canterbury Tales from memory with pretty good Middle English pronunciation.

Lightning stuck within a few yards of me when I was a child, blinding me temporarily.

I once got lost at Disneyland (over 2,500 miles away from my home) and ran into a friend who had moved away, whom I thought I'd never see again.

The oldest memory I have concerns an event that occurred when I was seven months old.

I live in a house with glass walls.

I slept in the room where Elizabeth Barrett Browning died, in the house that served as the kitchen for King George II, and also in one of the houses where Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned. I read Kipling's Just So Stories in the same room where he wrote it.

I once ate camel's hump, but preferred the donkey meat I had the night before.

The first person I ever went out with was a contestant in the national Scripps-Howard Spelling Bee (I've had a soft spot for spelling bees ever since).

I eat movie popcorn with seaweed.

I learned to read before I learned to speak.

I love spending my Saturday mornings watching Showbiz India, Namaste America, and Jane and the Dragon.

I have a lump of uranium in my garage (which I've had since I was 10 years old).

• Twitch
    Twitch
    I have a lump of uranium in my garage (which I've had since I was 10 years old).

So that's where you get your special crime fighting powers,......

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

People can't hear me walking or coming up to them. Especially at home. I scare the hell out of my husband and kids at least once or twice a week. I got indian in me ya know!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I have always been quiet. Once, when I was around 4 or 5 years old, I was sitting quietly on the kitchen floor. My mother was carrying a plate of hot rice and dropped it on me. I remember waking up with bandages on my arm at the hospital.

My kids tell me that I don't know how to be angry or yell. When I get mad, my voice gets lower and I speak very slow and precise.

• Jourles
    Jourles

• Geometry, Trig, and Calc are a breeze to me but I can fumble around in Algebra
    • I began my "How do things work" phase when I was two years old by totally disassembling the kitchen table and chairs(never outgrew it)
    • I can smell faint odors/scents from across the house(and it drives me nuts because I will think that the smell is right next to me)
    • I DO walk indian style. When I was little, I was always intrigued how the indians could "sneak" up on people. (My dad had a cabin on the remains of an old indian village in Pine Valley, CA. Pottery and arrowheads everywhere.) Most of my shoes wear heavily on the outside heel -- from walking outside heel and rolling it to the toe. I started walking that way when I was younger and now I can't change it.
    • I hate tomatoes when they are cut larger than 1/4" square, but I will devour salsa, pasta sauces, and ketchup without hesitation.
    • I will eat any vegetable unless it is from the squash family.
    • I squeegee myself off with my hands after taking a shower. Hey, it helps keep my towel dry!
    • I like music based on, well, the music. Lyrics do not mean anything to me. If I happen to know the lyrics, it is because I've heard the song a hundred times. Even then, the words do not register. They're just words - no story or nothin'. My wife doesn't understand this about me at all. With her, it's all about the lyrics. The music comes second. I prefer to have a singer's voice be part of the music - they can sing jibberish as long as their voice sounds like an instrument.
    • I can do most phases of home construction and remodeling extremely well, but my "day job" isn't remotely related.
    • I'll likely never have kids due to the fact that my wife is a jw and we have differing opinions on how they would be raised.
  • Jeffro
    Jeffro

RubaDub:

I have to retract my last post because September has a "p" in it ....

My mistake.

What happens in April? LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit