If most here R anti jw why bother writing mean hurtful and prejudges posts?

by ayhra 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    Jehovah witnesses dont set up web sites saying and exploting awful things that non jw's do to them, such as teasing bashing raping even murder.

That's because the WTS spends all of its time and energy preaching to the choir. The Watchtower articles are designed to keep the followers in line, not for "worldly people". The tract campaigns are designed to keep the followers busy, not the "worldly people". The WTS focuses all its energy on molding the minds of its adherents. Why are they coming out with two versions of the Watchtower in 2008? Because anybody outside of the JW's who picks up a current Watchtower, immediately heaves it in the trash along with the tracts.

Nobody outside of the JW circle could give a hoot about the WTS. If the WTS set up a website that chronicled the awful things done to them by non-JW's, it would get about as much response as their tract campaigns. Zero.

• ayhra
    ayhra

I’m actually not a JW. My Aunty is and same with her husband and she was abused by her husband and the other JWs helped her to leave him which I’m grateful for. I’m not saying anything bad about anyone in here I thought because everyone is able to post controversial topics and voice there thoughts I could too.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well ahyra, you've surprised me. You responded to your own post. And you've accomplished your goal, you posted something controversial.

A small bit of advice, controversy is tolerated quite well here, but be careful with the sweeping generalizations. In your first thread several posters explained to you that this is a diverse group, with various motives for posting. If you make a sweeping generalization without backing it up, you will be pounced on.

• ozziepost
  • TopHat
    TopHat

ayhra? Have you read the March 1, 2007 Watchtower...."Does it matter whitch religion you choose" The Watchtower organization condems all religions but themsleves.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    If most people are anti or ex jw why bother if you dont believe in it why waste your time writing mean hurtful and prejudges posts and set up a entire web site and forum dedicated to them.

Ya know this is really an intersting thought. The reason why many come here to bitch and complain and just vent...

Being a jw is not just a religion, it is truly a cultural experience. It is a way of life, that unless you have lived and experienced it yourself, you are just not going to understand it's impact on your interaction with the rest of society and the way you think of the future.

Try to imagine yourself going through school and your childhood Not doing Anything that other "normal" kids do. Normal itself is subjective, but I think you understand what I am saying. You are Not allowed to make friends with kids in the "world" because they are bad and kids in the congregation are "good". You are Not allowed to participate in Any after school functions, because these are events where "bad" things can happen. As you get nearer to graduating from highschool, while all of your schoolmates are preparing for college entrance exams, you are planning on spending the rest of your life pioneering and preparing for Armageddon, which is imminent. So, at a young age you do not think of retirement, you may not even think of having a family. Years go by and you are still pioneering, struggling to make ends meet and you cannot get a decent enough job to really make things work. BUT you believe that as long as you are doing this for God, Jehovah God, you will be rewarded in the end for all your hard work.

UNTIL one day when wouldn't ya know, you are researching the jw's through their OWN publications and words and realize that they have been hiding an awful lot. You go to the elders to ask questions and they try you for apostasy and well, you are now either marked or disfellowshipped.

At this point, EVERYTHING you have lived your life for means NOTHING. You are ALONE in this WORLD you are completely unprepared for. You go back to school, you have to try to make New friends and New family.

IF you were married, it is likely that the tension between you and your spouse could eventually lead you to a divorce. This person that you love so much! Then there are any children you have had. If they are old enough to really understand what has happened, possibly adults, your CHILDREN that you have nurtured all those years, will have nothing or as little to do with you as possible. Further, what you want for your family is for them to see the lies and the deceptions that you have seen, but the Organization has told them that you will poison their thinking and so they should not talk to you.

Until you have been through this (or worse as in many of the cases here) I really don't know (because I am not on the other side of this) if you can really understand.

BUT I am going to trust that you are an empathatic human being who knows that this is inhumane and cruel punishment.
    When people come here to vent and talk and whatnot, they are hurt, they are angry. The Organization puts people in emotionally vulnerable positions so that they will either not leave to begin with or once they are expelled from the congregation, they will be so desperate for the love from their family and friends, so desperate for the life they had, they will return. Many, I believe, do Not return to this religion out of true love for God, they return out of sad desperation for the warmth of their loved ones.

Welcome to the board, I REALLY hope you stick around and just read the experiences of people. If you want to know more about a poster you do not understand, you might click on thier profile and look at their topic and post history to get a better understanding for why you are perceiving so much hostility. Just a suggestion.

• bernadette
    bernadette
    My Aunty is and same with her husband and she was abused by her husband and the other JWs helped her to leave him which I’m grateful for.

I'm really glad your aunty is now safe from her abusive husband.

From what I have seen the abuse has to get really bad - life threatening in fact - before JW's will help a fellow witness leave their abusive mate. The guidance usually given by the elders is to stay and be meek and humble and wait on Jehovah. The victim is also to an extent made to feel guilty and responsible for the abuse.

bernadette

• ayhra
    ayhra

My Aunts abuse wasn't life threatning although he had hit her a couple of times. I was a JW when I was under 10 I still havent read watchtowers or tracts sorry if my typing isn't properly written, in a cast its hard and with a broken collar bone. I came across this site by fault when I needed help after my depression was unbearable I always see my Aunt (a jw) still happy caring and nice and I was curious about asking for help, never mind sorry for posting goodbye world

• Finally-Free
  • acadian
    acadian

Greetings to all... For those who believe in Jesus' teaching's and the eamples he gave, shouldn't they also expose hypocracy as Jesus did? So, what do you call Jesus, considering he exposed the hypocracy of the religon he grew up in. Should Jesus have just kept his mouth shut? No, those who follow Jesus, walk the walk and talk the talk, maybe instead of calling his follower's Christians they should be called Apostate-ian's. And when it came to exposeing hypocracy, Jesus started with the religion he grew up in. Too bad the WTS can't do the same, but sadly they attack everyone else not even seeing the log in there own eye. Acadian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit