If most here R anti jw why bother writing mean hurtful and prejudges posts?

by ayhra 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• 5go
    5go
    Its a cult not a religion

My god why didn't anyone tell me I FEEL DUPED !!!!!!!!

< ---- holy crap ! my 900th post 100 more till I'm a jedi.

5go ------------- Save your 1000th post and celebrate... Use it to make a song dedication over on the dance thread!!!

hopefully I catch it like the 666 th post //http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/129869/1.ashx

• free2beme
    free2beme

Reality will catch up with you one day and you will feel like a deer caught in the lights of a MACK truck without the strength to run.

• Confession
    Confession
    If most people are anti or ex jw why bother if you dont believe in it...

It isn't just that we don't believe in it. After having been dedicated, active JWs ourselves, we discovered--not only that it isn't what the WTS claims it to be--but that it is a horribly manipulative and profoundly damaging organization. It was this manipulation and outstanding propaganda that kept us from seeing how damaging it was.

why waste your time writing mean hurtful and prejudges posts and set up a entire web site and forum dedicated to them.

The hate does not originate with people who leave the JWs. It originates with the organization's hierarchy who hatefully attack those who, for reasons of conscience, decide it isn't really "The Truth." They are hurtfully branded as wicked enemies of God simply for not recognizing the WTS' authority. Please closely consider where the "hate" begins.

people write about jw's as a whole everyone is an individual and just like the rest of the world there are nice caring people as well as bad awful people.

It's true that some here can be guilty of sweeping generalizations, but if you read on, you'll see that the great majority certainly know there are plenty of nice, caring people among the JWs. But that isn't really the point. The point is that a legalistic and authoritarian religious administration is misleading all of these nice people (as well as those aren't so nice.) And, with reference to your above quote, remember what the WTS has always taught about "false religion." If you knew a glass of water contained even one drop of deadly poison, would you drink it?

Please know that your attempts to explain JWs to us are quite unnecessary. We know about the organization of JWs even better than you do. We understand why you haven't quite figured it out yet. For many of us it took years and years before seeing the real truth. If you care to see it, you have but to give the WTS an objective investigation. But you must be willing to consider all of the information.

Regards,

Confession

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This is sooo pathetic..LOL!!.....Ayhra..I tired of listening to the storys of demented JW`s in the news too!..How will you help them?..Rapist JW`s..Murdering JW`s..Are all JW`s Crazy??..They have to be stopped!!!.What is your plan??...OUTLAW

• Threestars
    Threestars

Can anyone say "illiterate"? Some of you folks have spent quite a bit of time writing some nice rebuttals to ayira or whatever's post. I really wouldn't waste my time if I were you.

Is it just me--or have the publications become more simplified in recent years in terms of vocabulary and such? I seem to remember when I was a kid that the Watchtower, at least, was written at something above third grade level.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

“It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion.”—The Watchtower, 15 November 1963, page 688.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Yeah they write things about other people. Ever look at their website? Below is on page from the first article that came up in their search engine under religion.

WHY MANY DOUBT That Religion Can Unite Mankind

“LOVE your neighbor.” (Matthew 22:39) This basic rule of conduct is acclaimed by many religions. If such religions were effective in teaching their members to love their neighbor, their flocks would be drawn together and be united. However, is that what you have observed? Are religions a force for unity? A recent survey in Germany asked the question: “Do religions unite people, or are they more likely to separate them?” Of the respondents, 22 percent felt that religions unite, whereas 52 percent felt that they divide, or separate. Perhaps people in your country feel much the same way.

Why do many have little confidence that religion can unite mankind? Perhaps because of what they know from history. Instead of drawing people together, religion has often pushed them apart. In some instances, religion has been the cover under which the most dreadful atrocities have been committed. Consider some examples from just the last 100 years.

Influenced by Religion

During the second world war, Roman Catholic Croats and Orthodox Serbs in the Balkans were at one another’s throats. Both groups claimed to follow Jesus, who taught his followers to love their neighbor. Yet, their conflict led to “one of the most appalling civilian massacres known to history,” as one researcher put it. The world was aghast at the death toll of more than 500,000 men, women, and children.

In 1947 the Indian subcontinent was home to some 400 million people—about a fifth of humanity—mainly Hindus, Muslims, and Sikhs. When India was partitioned, the Islamic nation of Pakistan was born. At the time, hundreds of thousands of refugees from both countries were burned, beaten, tortured, and shot in a series of religious massacres.

As if the foregoing examples were not disturbing enough, the turn of the century brought to the fore the threat of terrorism. Today, terrorism has put the whole world on alert, and many terrorist groups claim to have religious ties. Religion is not viewed as a promoter of unity. Instead, it is often associated with violence and disunity. Small wonder, therefore, that the German newsmagazine FOCUS compared the world’s major religions—Buddhism, Christendom, Confucianism, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, and Taoism—to gunpowder. Internal Squabbles

While some religions are at war with one another, others are beset by internal squabbles. For instance, in recent years the churches of Christendom have been split by ongoing debates on matters of doctrine. Clergy and laity alike ask: Is birth control permitted? What about abortion? Should women be ordained as priests? How ought the church to view homosexuality? Should a religion sanction war? In view of such disunity, many wonder, ‘How can a religion unite mankind if it cannot unite even its own members?’

Clearly, religion in general has failed to be a force for unity. But are all religions marked by divisions? Is there a religion that is different—one that can unite mankind?http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/2005/1/1/article_01.htm

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

On the WT website, also go to the search engine and look up persecution. We learned from the mediocre.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The JWs have set themselves up for intense criticism because they believe that they are God's only approved and appointed organisation on earth and far above everyone else. Anyway they like everyone else are not above criticism and they do exhibit cultic traits by exerting intense psychological pressure on their members and having a leadership that expels anyone criticising them, also the shunning policy is cultic in nature.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Jehovah witnesses dont set up web sites saying and exploting awful things that non jw's do to them, such as teasing bashing raping even murder.

You are kidding, right? I mean, all the Watchtower LITERATURE does is bash other religions. Right now I am marking your study book, "Revelation, It's Grand Climax at Hand", Chapter 9, for my JW husband. You should be familiar with this chapter, you are studying it this week. All this chapter DOES is bash other religions as full of immorality and evil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit