men are hateful

by Crumpet 95 Replies latest jw experiences

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>men generally are wonderful creatures. but I think I will just steer clear in future and stick to women!

Me too! ;-)

Interestingly, I was familiar with the term "misogyny" meaning hatred of women. But I had never heard its gender opposite: "misandry", the hatred of men. I wonder why the one term is so much more popular than the other?

Then of course, there's "mispolydry" -- hatred of everything. (Or maybe I made that one up. I'd check, but I hate dictionaries...)

Dave

• DJK
    DJK

I am the happy monster. I'm going to sprinkle happy dust on you. So smile, this s#*t is expensive.

Sorry you had a(another) bad experience. For some it happens often and for some it doesn't. There is someone waiting for you out there, it will take a little time before you find each other.

• trevor
    trevor

I am sorry if i offended you or any who have not taken this with a pinch of salt.

Crumpet

I have seen many threads on this theme and do take them with a pinch of salt. My remark that referred to your need for attention was a result of my reading between the lines.

Some of the replies from both men and women have been, I think, helpful and fair. I hope you find the comfort and attention that you need and stop hurting so much...

• seawolf
    seawolf

I remember a woman on Dr. Phil and she kept getting one problem guy after another and Dr. Phil said if she keeps having problems with those guys maybe she needs to try fishing some different waters. IOW, she keeps trying the same waters and gets the same guys...

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I have an evil laugh, well I can laugh evillily.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

That happydust seems to be working thank you!

Dr Phil's advice is very often just good common sense - the things old wives have said for aeons. And something I will try and apply. That said I don't end up with bad boyfriends at all. I've had two in 14 years. I love them both very much still and believe they feel they same. A lovely lovely male friend pointed out last night that I have only been single 6 months in that time and I should try being single for a bit longer, which is good advice.

Do you have a spare creepdar I can borrow Bernadette?

Almost Atheist - I think you have another sketch right there! I never heard the word misandry either nor understood the correct definition of misogyny. How odd give I believe there are far more man haters. In fact I don't think I've met a man who didnt like women - well apart from my so called "friend".

A very very funny interview I read with Dame Edna Everage just cheered me up a lot too although its comletely unrelated. Dame Edna says of her family:

"When I became a big star I sacrificed my family. And nothing gave me greater pleasure. My advice to women is:put your family last. They will never thank you for squandering your time on them. My daughter has been caught shoplifting many times, but who is to say she'd have been any different if she'd had all he love in he world?"

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((Crumpet))) when you start a thread like this at around 6am on a Sunday, it has to be something bad!

Trust no-one (male or female) with your deeper emotional side until you've known them for a good while - I'd be talking at least 12 months, and listen to your other friends - ask them why they have negative views on someone if it happens again. Try to get a really good picture of a person first. It's still not failsafe, that's life, but at least you get a chance to avoid or ditch people who are more likely to use you - even if it's because they get bored of waiting for the opportunity and dump you first.

You're still young, you're a fighter and a survivor, keep trying!! Don't give that other eejit the satisfaction of seeing you're upset by what he did - if he's trying to embarrass you in front of his mates, it will be him who looks stupid if you keep ignoring him and don't react - can be fun too if he gets mad because you aren't reacting!

emo the (probably over-) cautious

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Crumples,

I'm a bloke. I'm a nice person.

The two aren't mutually exclusive BTW.

tim

• lola28
    lola28

(((Crumpy)))

My best friend and I realized at the age of 16 that most men suck and so we came up with the following plan:

1. We made a list of 100 men that we felt were decent and good looking.

2.We planned to ship all of the other men to an island and leave only the 100 that were on the list for us to umm procreate with.

I personally think it was a very good plan.

Lola

• JH
    JH

Did I do anything wrong Crumpet...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit