Is the USA Government Imperialistic? Is this what leads the invasion of Ira

by frankiespeakin 113 Replies latest social current

• 5go
    5go
    Rush is RIGHT!

I agree he is a righty just like hilter and musolini were righties. And conservatives trying to bring back there countries fallen glory. Also in the case of hitler right the wrongs of the first world war and what the UN of the day did to his country.

• 5go
    5go

Wow.

So let me just make sure I understand you lefties....the USA is a terrorist nation right?

No, A roque state yes. We broke a treaty to invade a country for a lie.

Sound like a roque state to me.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    No, A roque state yes. We broke a treaty to invade a country for a lie.

• 5go
    5go

What you still believe there are WMD's even after Bush all but admited he lied about it.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

WMD's have been found. I guess you missed that huh? And everyone tends to forget about all those pesky little U.N. resolutions don't they?

And considering that Saddam used WMD's on his own people, I would say that was a pretty clear example that he did indeed have them. Another fact that people just don't want to talk about.

But hey, what's a little mustard gas among friends right?

• Jourles
    Jourles
    WMD's have been found. I guess you missed that huh?

You're kidding, right? Got proof of this from the Pentagon or the Defense Department or from Bush's own mouth? Or are you repeating what Santorum, a Senator, said? It's funny that the finding of those "WMD's" didn't make a bigger splash in the news. I wonder why?

And considering that Saddam used WMD's on his own people, I would say that was a pretty clear example that he did indeed have them. Another fact that people just don't want to talk about.

Would you mind breaking down the dates for us here? I could say the Germans have mustard gas buried in their backyard and that those are considered WMD's, but would that be an accurate statement? Of course not. Again, provide us with some dates as to when Saddam used these weapons. And what exact remnants of WMD's did they find? Were they still lethal? Usable?

LOL. Wow. Talk about trying to manipulate the evidence to make it fit your goal.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

WMD's have been found. I guess you missed that huh? And everyone tends to forget about all those pesky little U.N. resolutions don't they?

But hey, what's a little mustard gas among friends right

lo....What a plonker. Same old misinformation, same old slogans, same old dishonesty, same old uneducated opinion.

What we need on this Board is a Republican with a brain to liven up the debates. The ones we have are so dull they could put the whole of Baghdad in a coma with their gibbering monotony.

HS

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Whoa. Reading through this thread for the first time and ... wow.

Try these on, they are as good today as when they were first uttered.....

Better dead than red.

Get us out of the U.N.

Don't fluoridate our water.

And here are a few more...new, but even better....

Liberalism is a mental disorder

and of course it would not be complete without....

Rush is RIGHT!

Are you a fan of the old series M*A*S*H and doing your best Frank Burns impression?

WMD's have been found. I guess you missed that huh?

Yeah I guess I did. With all due respect, I recall Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, et al, sounded the nuclear trumpet before the war. There were all sorts of innuendo that Iraq was developing a nuclear weapon, but it was phrased as "weapons of mass destruction". After the invasion, I do not recall any nuclear capability being found.

Now it turns out that Iran has/is developing nuclear technology. Close. Very close. I guess Bush's aim was a little to the left on the map, eh?

Chris

• 5go
    5go

But hey, what's a little mustard gas among friends right?

Yeah since we the USA gave him that batch. National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice recently told the BBC, "There is a very powerful moral case for regime change" in Iraq. On Sept. 12 at the United Nations, President Bush made a similar case for an attack on Iraq, calling liberty for Iraqis a "great moral cause" and justifying a regime change on the grounds that "Saddam Hussein attacked Iran in 1980" and "gassed many Iranians and 40 Iraqi villages."

Future U.S. actions against Iraq will be guided by many considerations. We must not deceive ourselves that "morality" is one of them. During the Iran-Iraq war of 1980-88, the United States was deeply complicit both in Iraq’s invasion and its gas attacks.

Over almost a decade, the United States gave Iraq about $5 billion in aid and encouraged allies to provide it with billions worth of arms, including technology reportedly used in plants making mustard and nerve gas. According to a 1994 Senate Committee Report, U.S. firms also supplied Iraq with biological materials, including anthrax, botulism and E. coli bacteria.

• 5go
    5go
    Don't fluoridate our water.

Funny where I live they don't it's a private well system and my teeth pay for it.

Don't like move or it's a free market right you could drill your own well and not floridate that water.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit