Is the USA Government Imperialistic? Is this what leads the invasion of Ira

by frankiespeakin 113 Replies latest social current

• Jourles
    Jourles
    Did Saddam use WMD's on his own people or not? We both know the answer is yes, so he did indeed have them

The answer is.....he had mustard gas, which by definition, is not a WMD. It is an unconventional chemical agent. And who gave it to him? A nuclear bomb is a WMD. Tim McVeigh's truck bomb could be classed as a WMD. Hell, a simple gun could be considered a WMD seeing how guns have killed many more people on earth than any chemical or biological attack ever has.

He used mustard gas on the Kurds. That is unless you don't believe this....or that Hitler tried to kill the Jews.

You forgot the Iranians there as well. A weapon is a weapon is a weapon. Name a US president in the last 20 years that has never ordered the military to drop a single bomb. Just because one weapon take a few days to render a body fully incapacitated or to kill it, does it make the other better because it kills within a fraction of a second? Iran and Iraq were at war with each other. Why should we care what methods they used to kill each other? How does that concern us with the exception of our gov't wondering if the arms we supplied to Iraq worked or not? It shouldn't. If GWB had an attempt on his life, do you think he would just forget about the group of people who attempted the assassination? or do you think he would go cowboy on their asses and try to get revenge? Saddam did the same thing, except he picked up a little more collateral damage than what he probably expected. But why should we care about Saddam? What did he do to us? Nada.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

As at least 2 presidents have warned about having a big military when not at war is very dangerous, because, it is like a blood sucking parasite. The US being a super power, with a big military buget, drains our tax revenue, the stock piling of weapons many WMD, most assuredly leads to wars, as big business and big profits becomes a stronger and stronger force to move in that direction, after all what big business do you know that is not primarily interested in increasing sales and demand for thier product or service, the ecconomic forces in a capitalist society is a strong pull towards war with weapons makers, and other like oil companies, doing what they can get away with to put pressure on politicians to go in that direction.

They say GW Bush has the most oil company people in his adminitration, then any other president before him, and I'm sure is getting many perks from big business.

• restrangled
    restrangled

As at least 2 presidents have warned about having a big military when not at war is very dangerous, because, it is like a blood sucking parasite. The US being a super power, with a big military buget, drains our tax revenue, the stock piling of weapons many WMD, most assuredly leads to wars, as big business and big profits becomes a stronger and stronger force to move in that direction, after all what big business do you know that is not primarily interested in increasing sales and demand for thier product or service, the ecconomic forces in a capitalist society is a strong pull towards war with weapons makers, and other like oil companies, doing what they can get away with to put pressure on politicians to go in that direction.

Ronald Reagan had a massive military build up after Carter. He accomplished far more than Bush #43 without firing one shot (Grenada and secret CIA operations not included). It depends on the quality of the president that you vote for. Maybe picking the right candidate for president is important. Anybody can armchair quarterback. While you and Jourles and Skyking and all of the other "free thinkers" slept in, Justice-One was up at the crack off dawn to vote for #43. If all the free thinkers had voted, then #43 wouldn't be the president right now. What's more satisfying to you, being able to armchair quarterback, or being able to make a real difference by voting. If all of you voted, we'd be sitting here talking about Gore.

r's hubby

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Same for me. Except in my case it lets me know that it is a waste of time to dabate with people that believe it to be true.

I have learned two things on this forum....never argue with crazy people... or Quislings Canadians.

Justice-1 im surprised you havent been called out on this ridiculous comment.Read your History Books (can you read ok?Bet you play the banjo well...and go "yee-haw"with your good ol, six Guns).

Canada was behind the Victorious Allies from the word go in 1914-18 and also 1939-45.Especially in the sense of the latter of those two conflicts, it was important that a terrible and vicious Superpower was defeated.Now then,who stayed out of it due to isolationism until two and a half years AFTER the whole thing kicked off?Thats right my dopey Friend ..even you know the answer to that.

So before you utter your brain dead comments..go see the Canadian Cemeteries at Vimy ridge,Ypres,alamein etc.Most certainly not Quislings.Rather, a brave Nation who sensed Danger from the word go in both World Wars and paid a high price in their losses despite victory!

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    US and British companies are among several Western firms that sell Iraq materials that can be used to develop nuclear, chemical, biological, and conventional weapons.

Considering that in just about every household in the US there are ingrediants under the sink that if mixed in the propper proportions could make high explosives, I give the above comment very little credibility. Gee, maybe we should investigate the local Safeway chain for selling items that could be used by terrorists.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Hell, a simple gun could be considered a WMD

OK, that about does it for me. Anyone that would make the above statement obviously has an IQ in the negative intergers, and is a waste of time to debate.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    They say GW Bush has the most oil company people in his adminitration, then any other president before him, and I'm sure is getting many perks from big business.

Hmmmm....he tends to surround himself with people that understand business and capitalism. Klinton surronded himself with a couple of drawfs and clowns that couldn't find their way out of a phone booth. Yeah, I can see how most on this board would think Klinton made the better choice.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Justice,

Hell, a simple gun could be considered a WMD
    OK, that about does it for me. Anyone that would make the above statement obviously has an IQ in the negative intergers, and is a waste of time to debate.

One day, and I am losing hope, you might actually understand what the poster meant by this contextually accurate statement. Read his post again, this time think about it, then return. HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Hmmmm....he tends to surround himself with people that understand business and capitalism. Klinton surronded himself with a couple of drawfs and clowns that couldn't find their way out of a phone booth. Yeah, I can see how most on this board would think Klinton made the better choice.

Okay Justice,

Let us start with basic intelligence tests. Spot the odd one out in the above emoticon line-up. Take your time.

HS

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Justice-1 im surprised you havent been called out on this ridiculous comment.Read your History Books

I have. canada (small c on purpose) was basically founded by so called men that fled north and crawled on their bellies to kiss the feet of the King of England. And I have not seen much change since that time. Yeah, Quisling....that about covers it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit