Is the USA Government Imperialistic? Is this what leads the invasion of Ira

by frankiespeakin 113 Replies latest social current

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    If all of the far left people ever actually did something besides slap each others backs, we would have a better country.

And if the far right and right all got off their asses, we would have a Constitutional limited government again. And more of you lefties would have to work for a living for a change.

• 5go
    5go

Quite honestly I have left in spirit, certain things in the real world though prevent me from execising my freedom for now. Where I live for the moment but When I leave this place I will vote. The fact I am here talking politics is my way of strenching my legs. These peole Dubs and Righties have controlled my life long enough the have lied to me they said my religion was the right way, The TRUTH, They lied. The said my country was ordained by god and a just( righteous ) nation, They LIED. They are killing our young in the name of a their loving god and capitolist profits. I am pasionate about stoping this and I am MAD. So are my fellow Americans. We the people of American can not be destroyed from the outside only from within. They the people in corporate power want us to yield to their rights. When they should be yielding to ours. So how do they do it by getting wars going so they can use the office of president to take over. ( Read my past threads to see what Iam talking about.)

http://worldcantwait.org/

http://www.texansforpeace.org/endthewar/

• Who are you?
    Who are you?
    Quite honestly I have left in spirit, certain things in the real world though prevent me from execising my freedom for now. Where I live for the moment but When I leave this place I will vote.

I appreciate you taking the time to convey this and I hope this metamorphises can be completed by the next election. I have taken the time to read your posts.

I think Bush is the only president or presidential candidate from either party that would have gone into Iraq the way he did. I think he honestly believed that it was the right thing to do. That doesn't in any way excuse what he did. He has totally screwed up in every direction.

1) Cheney pressured the CIA to give him the intelligence reports that he wanted to hear, namely that there were reports of WMD's

2) They disregarded all of the experienced military and Middle East strategists recommendations starting with Colin Powell.

3) Bush gave Rumsfeld the task of organizing a war strategy. Rumsfeld was made Sec of Defence by Bush to DOWNSIZE the military especially in Europe, and convert to a smaller Rapid Reaction Force. That strategy was in place before 9/11. So when General Shinseki told Rumsfeld that not only was the current troop strength innsufficient for an Iraqi invasion, we would actually need a force of nearly 450,000 to handle the aftermath. Rumsfeld who was not a military strategist and who was brought in to REDUCE the military presence fired him. He had no qualms about sending the troops in ill prepared, without proper body armor, without the proper equipment.

Bush's mind was made up to go to war no matter what. The military is not going to say no to the Commander in Chief. So what do they do next? They need to organize for the rebuilding of Iraq, so how does the Government work when they need to award contracts under duress.

Just like Katrina, they declare an emergency and throw out the three bid clause that under normal circumstances, gives companies the ability to competitvely bid for contracts. So problem #1 is that there is no competition. Problem #2 is that the contracting officers, because of time constraints are forced to go to the huge companies that already have existing Goverment contracts. THERE IS NOT TIME TO GO THROUGH THE GOVERNMENT BID PROCESS, which in the case of Iran would take months if not years.

The result is that the only contractors who are able to fullfill the contract, namely Haliburton who has hundres of subsidiaries, is completely in the drivers seat in terms of prices charged. They throw in all sorts of clauses and exceptions to completely guarantee that they will make an absolute killing. My point is that you rush in, you pay top dollar all the way around. There is a price for over reacting.

Then a civilian Brenner makes the decision to completely disband the Iraqi army. Here is another civilian at work. Not only do they disband a trained military that will need to take over to help stabalize the country, you piss them off. How many pissed off former Iraqi military men joined the insurgency? What has been the biggest problem? Training a new Iraqi military. Who trains the current Iraqi military? US contractors who charge the US the equivelent of $250,000 per contract employee. How many civilian employees do we have over ther? Around 70,000. Do they all make that much? No. The trainers earn about $125,000 and regular workers who serve the troops meals etc....start at about $60,000.

Why do we have all of the civilian employees over there? Because we don't have the troop strength that Rumsfeld was told we would need originally.

Brenner insists that they need currency to run the newly fomed government. They ship over a plane containing palettes full of cash. How many billions? Now they can't account for most of it.

Was there proper oversight? No.

The Iraqi exile that the US brought in (Was it Chalabi?) to assist in the transition ran off with millions.

Is all of this conspiracy? No, all of this is stupidity. When you make rash decisions and you have civilians making military decisions against the advice of the military, then you are going to pay a high price.

I completely understand your leanings toward the conspiracy theories, and I know if you take my view, you will have to shake your head at the incompetence, but in the end that is what I think it is.

Conspiracy theories are what take people from the left, to the far left. We need voters in the middle, not on the extremes.

Happy voting!

r's hubby

• 5go
    5go

trust me I am in the middle the DEMs have me till they become the problem again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit