Is the USA Government Imperialistic? Is this what leads the invasion of Ira

by frankiespeakin 113 Replies latest social current

• restrangled
    restrangled

5go

Not only was I in favor on Afghanistan But I would be for invading Pakistan. But now we can't now.

You entirely missed my point, which I am not surprised. My original point on military involvement. You can look after your country's best interest by becoming directly involved militarily or indirectly involved. My point once again is that indirect involvement is better than direct involvement. Back on Reagan the more time is put on between his administration the more that comes out how he screwed up royaly on his foriegn policies. Iraq the greatest he handed them aid while he was gassing the kurds. Then sold their enemy and our enemy missles to keep the war going. Reagan didn't gas the Kurds And to fund a group the sandinista's that put up a dictadorship that was against what the people wanted. Foreign policy Don't interfere. Don't intervene. The product of this thinking is Venezuala. Lets see what happens with Venezuala and its neighbors in the next 20 years. In fact we seem to do that a lot look at the sha which is why Iran hates us so much. The Iranian people don't hate us, the leaders of the extremist regime does. Big difference. Read up on economic hitman intresting stuff, it explains a lot of recent history and not so recent I suppose if you lived in a bubble the first 26 years of your life, than the way the world really operates would come as a shock to you. I would recommend going to college and taking history and economics courses. You would get more of a balanced view. Here is the thing about history, it does usually repeat itself. So read about what happened in this country after Vietnam. The culmination of the anti-war movement and the lets never get involved sentiment is that Iran took 400+ Americans hostage and the Carter administration did and could do nothing. In case you hadn't noticed, I readily acknowledge the way the US has used the CIA in the past instead of the military. I prefer that to direct military involvement. Carter was one extreme. Bush is another extreme, I preferred Reagan, he was actually pretty middle of the road. r's hubby
  • 5go
    5go

Don't interfere. Don't intervene. The product of this thinking is Venezuala. Lets see what happens with Venezuala and its neighbors in the next 20 years.
    What is wrong with Venezuala that isn't wrong with Russia or the rest of the world. The people spoke up and we tried to put it down. It back fired in our face a now we have enemies. good going ! You do know we did intervine in Venezuala twice right the first was a coup that failed because the generals caught on to the CIA and instead of taking power away from Hugo then sending him to the US like it was supposed to go down they put him back in power.

After Chávez resumed his presidency in April 2002, he claimed that a plane with U.S. registration numbers had visited and been berthed at Venezuela's Orchila Island airbase, where Chávez had been held captive. On May 14, 2002, Chávez alleged that he had definitive proof of U.S. military involvement in April's coup. He claimed that during the coup Venezuelan radar images had indicated the presence of U.S. military naval vessels and aircraft in Venezuelan waters and airspace. The Guardian published a claim by former US intelligence officer Wayne Madsen alleging U.S. Navy involvement. [44] U.S. SenatorChristopher Dodd, D-CT, requested an investigation of concerns that Washington appeared to condone the removal of Mr Chávez, [45] [46] which subsequently found that "U.S. officials acted appropriately and did nothing to encourage an April coup against Venezuela's president," nor did they provide any naval logistical support. [47] [48] According to Democracy Now!, CIA documents indicate that the Bush administration knew about a plot weeks before the April 2002 military coup. They cite a document dated 6 April 2002, which says: "dissident military factions... are stepping up efforts to organize a coup against President Chávez, possibly as early as this month." According to William Brownfield, ambassador to Venezuela, the U.S. embassy in Venezuela warned Chávez about a coup plot in April 2002. [49] The United States Department of State and the investigation by the Office of the Inspector General found no evidence that "U.S. assistance programs in Venezuela, including those funded by the National Endowment for Democracy (NED), were inconsistent with U.S. law or policy" or "… directly contributed, or was intended to contribute, to [the coup d'état]." [50] [47]

Chávez also claimed, during the coup's immediate aftermath, that the U.S. was still seeking his overthrow. On October 6, 2002, he stated that he had foiled a new coup plot, and on October 20, 2002, he stated that he had barely escaped an assassination attempt while returning from a trip to Europe. During that period, the US Ambassador to Venezuela warned the Chávez administration of two potential assassination plots. [49]

• 5go
    5go

Reagan didn't gas the Kurds
    But what did he do when it happened nothing.

• 5go
    5go

The Iranian people don't hate us, the leaders of the extremist regime does. Big difference.
    Funny the death to americans that the whole middle east is saying most of drowned them out. Funny as well the IRAQI SHE'A don't care for us much why should the IRANIAN SHE'A like us any more.

• 5go
    5go

Here is the thing about history, it does usually repeat itself. So read about what happened in this country after Vietnam. The culmination of the anti-war movement and the lets never get involved sentiment is that Iran took 400+ Americans hostage and the Carter administration did and could do nothing.
    When I read vietnam history the moral problem asosiated with a unwinable war with no end goal was the reason that and the fact that the longer we stayed the more the Viet Cong ( the south vietnamese resistance movement ) grew was the reason we left. Iran was a counrty that could cripple us by cutting off middle east oil to the world. ( which they can still do ) So what was carter to do that he didn't. Remember reagan didn't do anything they were released durring his swearing in. In fact reagan cut and run in lebenon.

President Ronald Reagan called the attack a "despicable act" and pledged to keep a military force in Lebanon. Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger said there would be no change in the U.S.'s Lebanon policy. On October 24French President François Mitterrand visited the French bomb site. It was not an official visit, and he only stayed for a few hours, but he did declare: "We will stay." U.S. Vice President George Bush toured the Marine bombing site on October 26 and said the U.S. "would not be cowed by terrorists."

In retaliation for the attacks, France launched an air strike in the Beqaa Valley against Iranian Revolutionary Guard positions. President Reagan assembled his national security team and planned to target the Sheik Abdullah barracks in Baalbek, Lebanon, which housed Iranian Revolutionary Guards believed to be training Hezbollah fighters. [3] But Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger aborted the mission, reportedly because of his concerns that it would harm U.S. relations with other Arab nations.

Besides a few shellings, there was no serious retaliation for the Beirut bombing from the Americans. In December 1983, U.S. aircraft attacked Syrian targets in Lebanon, but this was in response to Syrian missile attacks on planes, not the barracks bombing.

The Marines were moved offshore where they could not be targeted. On February 7, 1984, President Reagan ordered the Marines to begin withdrawal from Lebanon. This was completed on February 26; the rest of the MNF was withdrawn by April.

For Political Reason none the less He was running for reelection.

• restrangled
    restrangled

5go

The best topic ever submitted occured earlier this evening. Go to the post by grey matters

entitled Didn't get to go to college? Want to see what it would be like?

I'm not going to follow you down the neverending path you are trying to take me, which is I defend America and you sit and take pot shots at every decision ever made by a President. I seperated Reagan from Bush to see if you would bite and you did. You didn't look to discuss the differences between Bush and other presidents, or his foreign policy versus others. You just want to vent at anything American. That is fine. Go at it.

I hope you take advantage of the free MIT education. There are Political Science courses, history courses, cold war courses...it is awesome. I hope at the end of it you particapate in the process of voting. Once you go through the process of voting, you will be forced to make decisions. It is a big part of growing up. The first thing you will realize is that there is no one ideal party or candidate. Then you realize that it becomes a choice of the lesser of two evils. That is where most voters lie. In between. I state again what I said earlier, only I will now add you to the list.

Frankiespeaking, Jourles, Skyking, and 5go slept in while Justice-One was up at the crack of dawn voting for Bush. I didn't vote for Bush, so I don't blame myself for him being elected. I do however blame you fine fellows who never got off your asses and do the only thing that really matters which is vote. If all of the far left people ever actually did something besides slap each others backs, we would have a better country. It is the failure of you, the armchair quarterbacks that has resulted in Bush being president. You'll learn this in the first chapter of your Political Science class at MIT.

r's hubby

• 5go
    5go

5go

The best topic ever submitted occured earlier this evening. Go to the post by grey matters

entitled Didn't get to go to college? Want to see what it would be like?

I'm not going to follow you down the neverending path you are trying to take me, which is I defend America and you sit and take pot shots at every decision ever made by a President. I seperated Reagan from Bush to see if you would bite and you did. You didn't look to discuss the differences between Bush and other presidents, or his foreign policy versus others. You just want to vent at anything American. That is fine. Go at it.

I hope you take advantage of the free MIT education. There are Political Science courses, history courses, cold war courses...it is awesome. I hope at the end of it you particapate in the process of voting. Once you go through the process of voting, you will be forced to make decisions. It is a big part of growing up. The first thing you will realize is that there is no one ideal party or candidate. Then you realize that it becomes a choice of the lesser of two evils. That is where most voters lie. In between. I state again what I said earlier, only I will now add you to the list.

Frankiespeaking, Jourles, Skyking, and 5go slept in while Justice-One was up at the crack of dawn voting for Bush. I didn't vote for Bush, so I don't blame myself for him being elected. I do however blame you fine fellows who never got off your asses and do the only thing that really matters which is vote. If all of the far left people ever actually did something besides slap each others backs, we would have a better country. It is the failure of you, the armchair quarterbacks that has resulted in Bush being president. You'll learn this in the first chapter of your Political Science class at MIT.

r's hubby

I am sorry but you forget why all us are we are breaking free of the DUB experience. If i had been free to get an education and think clearly I would of votied against bush. You are being inconsiderit of our blight.If you are going to be the way and hurt people that are recovering from a bad place in their life by calling them stuipid or unpatriotic. GET OFF THIS BOARD !!!!!

• restrangled
    restrangled
    I am sorry but you forget why all us are we are breaking free of the DUB experience. If i had been free to get an education and think clearly I would of votied against bush. You are being inconsiderit of our blight.If you are going to be the way and hurt people that are recovering from a bad place in their life by calling them stuipid or unpatriotic. GET OFF THIS BOARD !!!!!

You are young. You can now go to college if that is your dream. You can now vote and participate in your countries elections. Do you want me to address you like an equal as I am, or do you want me to treat you like you are some sort of fragile piece of pottery than can never be moved? Do you want to remain a victim or do you want to take responsibilty for your life?

r's hubby

• restrangled
    restrangled

5go

You have passion about this subject. My only point is that you can put that passion to good use. Vote.

The WTS became a Theocratic ruling system for a reason, so that nobody has a say in anything.

The US political system is not a Theocracy. Particapate! I have far more regard for you than you think I do. You have made valid points.

You can make a real difference by voting! Don't let the WTS vicitimize you further by making you think that you can't make a difference. You can, and you do!

r's hubby

• tetrapod.sapien

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit