Is the USA Government Imperialistic? Is this what leads the invasion of Ira

by frankiespeakin 113 Replies latest social current

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Is the US Government Imperialistic? Is this why they have invaded Iraq? Who will be the next victim nation?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperialism

• under_believer
    under_believer

I don't think that the US Government is "imperialistic".

I think that rich people throughout history have always been rich because of the existence of a large number of poor people--and that population of poor people must be maintained for this situation to last. There's always an example of this at any given point in human history. I think that is what is going on with the West (including Britain and Europe) vs the rest of the world.

I doubt they're deliberately imperialist. I think it just happens that way naturally. Also imperialism today has a lot more to do with corporations and globalization than it does the actions of specific nations or governments.

I think this is one of the central paradoxes of human existence and that we'd be a long way towards enlightenment if we could solve this problem.

Who's the next victim nation? Are we starting a pool? I say that if another country gets invaded by the US it will be Iran. However I think this is extremely unlikely. How would the US pay for it? They're stretched as thin as they can go already.

As I already stated, though, we don't need to invade a country with armies to make it our bitch. All we have to do is build some Nike factories and maybe a Wal-Mart or two.

• heathen
    heathen

I'd have to say a hell yes to that one . They are always trying to find good reason to involve themselves all over the globe . I think the fear that communism was used for awhile as the good reason and now it's moved into terrorism.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

I assume you mean like Japan was right?

• 5go
    5go
    Who's the next victim nation? Are we starting a pool? I say that if another country gets invaded by the US it will be Iran. However I think this is extremely unlikely. How would the US pay for it? They're stretched as thin as they can go already.

I believe they said the same of hitler and nazi germany before operation babarosa !

"They don't have the troops, equipment, or resources to invade us" Stalin said.

hitler needed the gold to pay creditors just like we need oil to be traded in dollars to pay ours.

Oh and he needed oil to which russia had. I forgot what stalingrad was all about.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Just, I assume you mean like Japan was right? Yes I do beleive are also, but the US far more so now at this time.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

We don't really know what kind of government we are presently under. Our country has been taken over by a delusional idiot...someone help us! The name will soon change to the United States of BUSH.

Swalker

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think one of US biggest propaganda is to teach that bringing democracy to a country the use of military force ok, as long as for good cause,( like US control of thier resourses).

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Yes I do beleive are also, but the US far more so now at this time.

First off, I'm very curious...what color are the clouds in the world you live in? Secondly when the USA starts island hoping thru the Pacific, killing all the "sub-humans" and sending thousands on death marches, (and cutting off heads from horseback just for fun) you be sure to let me know.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Our country has been taken over by a delusional idiot...someone help us!

Probably the same thing was said about those who actually believed Hitler meant what he said. Hmmmm.....Germany, Iran....did we learn ANYTHING from history?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit