I've given up.

by Abandoned 61 Replies latest members private

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((Abandoned)))

I can't offer any advice because things work different over here - we have charities/agencies which will negotiate with creditors on your behalf, so effectively once an agreement is reached, the creditors can't get at you directly. If there is any organisation there fitting this description, that's what I'd recommend.

Take care, breathe deeply and don't do anything rash.

kerj2leev - I think jgnat was trying to be realistic about the possibilities...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It sounds like you have already had a day to re-think your decision to move away to
    unknown spaces. GOOD. Don't imagine an overly romantic idea of travelling thru
    Europe, living out of your backpack. It would be more like a homeless person's
    journey than a romantic adventure. The average illegal alien in USA has family and
    friends to help him. He can obtain papers or live on cash under the table, because
    people are helping him.

You can only live on the cash in your pocket if you stay where family or friends are
    around. Moving off to be by yourself, you will sleep in the park or under a porch. You
    will be so dirty that people won't offer you a small day's wages for your honest work.
    Even the worst situation where you have to live with family allows you to get a decent
    shower everyday. Family is supposed to help each other. Allow yours to help you, and
    you can return the favor years from now, when you are slightly better off or even much
    better off.

• juni
    juni

Hi Tom,

After reading all of the posts above, I tend to go w/Robdar's. She's speaking from experience.

I hope you make carefully thought out choices.

Best to you....... Juni

• Xena
    Xena

I feel for you. When my ex and I left the dubs we hit rock bottom and needless to say had no one there to help us. I was worried at one point my daughter and I would be homeless. It's a struggle but you just have to keep on keeping on. Unfortunately you can't run away from your problems, they tend to find you now matter where you go. Focus on the positives in your life and remember it's ok to let people help you, that's something I had (ok still have) a problem with.

• RAF
    RAF

(((Tom)))

It's like you haven't rea Robdar

I understand your desire to get away from it all; however, have you considered taking those last 3 or 4 checks and filing Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
    You can make partial payment on the costs of the attorney and then make payment installments on his bill through your chapter 13 plan. Once you file, you will receive "automatic stay" and your creditors cannot bother you, repossess your car or foreclose on your house. Unless, of course, you do not follow the plan that the trustee and your attorney will work out for you.
    You should check it out. It might set you free from a good portion of your worries.
    BTW, I work for a bankruptcy attorney.

Please take was she said into consideration ...

Other than bankruptcy?
    More job (60 hours a week is enough for one man on the long run I guess) but edit your book if you can (who knows what it can bring?)
    Reduce your budget for a year or more (that means going to leave at mom's or a friend house for a while for instance ...)
    but don't leave your jobs ... that could be the worst thing to do now (I think)

Take care ...

• KW13
    KW13

Hey mate, i know financial problems are one of the biggest burdens someone can carry.

If you get help with your situation where things will be put into order, should you end up moving however then good luck with the future.

Take care of yourself and make sure you've thought this through.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Abandonned, I think Raf gives good advice. I've travelled with little or no money, and when it runs out the shit really hits the fan. Things can go from bad to worse, even if you think it's bad now. I know how tiring this business can be. I've been playing catch up all winter. Things do, get better. You've got hope with that book. Don't blow it! We're both getting too old to make those mistakes. Taking the bull by the horns, doesn't have to mean, driving yourself into the ground. Better times lie ahead my freind!

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

(((Adandoned)))

I'm sending you a pm.

tall penguin

• free2think
    free2think

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((TOM)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I just wanted to say I'm so sorry things are going so badly for you at the moment. I think taking care of tom day sounds like a fantastic idea. I hope the rest does you good.

free

• anewme
    anewme

Its at times like these Tom that you need to listen to your true friends. We are your true friends.
    Please calm down. Its not all that dire. There is a way to untangle this knot of financial troubles.

Anewme

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit