I've given up.

by Abandoned 61 Replies latest members private

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I've filed bankruptcy in the past and did not need upfront money for attorney. They just tack it onto the bankruptcy. Check it out first before you do anything rash, don't quit your job!!!

nj

• acadian
    acadian

Sorry to here you are having problems Abandoned.
    Unless I missed it, you didn't mention what type of problems your having beside the bank.

Here's what I do (not that I do this often) when I receive a letter from a collection agency.
    First thing to remember is never talk to these people on the phone, everything is done through
    the mail and sent certified return receipt.

Here's an example for you of the last letter I sent to a collection agency.

Letter #1 is actually the second letter they sent me, because I ignored the first one.

And if you look at the amount you'll notice they lowered the amount to halve.
    ( that's because they bought my debt for pennies on the dollar)
    My debt was $800.00 they reduced it to around $400.00 they paid probably only $200.00 or so for it.
    Their hoping to to make around $600.00 off me, until I sent them my letter.

Letter #1 This is the second letter they sent me with a reduced amount.

Letter #2 This is my letter I sent them.

Letter #3 Their reply to my letter, look at the amount I owe. $00.

The letter I sent is only sent to the collection agency that took the debt, not the original creditor.

I send a different letter to the original creditor that's similar to letter #2 above, but it leaves out the presumption part.

I'm looking in my files right now to see what I have for banks and the problem you are having there.
    My daughter had the same problem with the bank (overdrawn) and the bank kept adding a $15.00 charge EVERY DAY.
    It went from $100.00 over drawned to about $500.00 in a very short time.

Hopefully that's not your case.

If you have any questions, pm me.

Acadian

P.S. I don't provide legal advice only lawful. this is for educational purposes only.

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

((((((Abandoned))))),

I'm not going to give any financial advice, but just wanted to let you know we're thinking of you.
    Take care of yourself, please.
    Love and loads of luck with your plans,
    DNC & fam. XXXXX

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Geesh....nothing like a positive attitude, maybe you should think before you write!!

I always do, kerj. I've helped many people through bureaucratic ropes. It's never a good day when you have to apply for help. Going in, anticipating a smooth sail, IMO, only sets up my poor friend for more disappointment. IF HE KNOWS going in that it will be another battle, it will steel him for it.

Also, he won't get any RESOLUTION today. Bureaucrats give you forms to fill out. They send you to another agency. They tell you that you have to come in on another day, or bring additional documentation. It's a long, slow process, but the results are often worth it.

I think our friend needs to separate out his personal health days from the days of battle.

• agapa37
    agapa37

How is it that the Jws are responsible for your credit woes? Are the creditors on your heals because of the JWS? I don't understand that. Can you elaborate? Just from reading the first sentence of your post I got that you got yourself into debt up to your eyeballs and couldn't pay them back and now you are blaming the JWS for it, am I right?

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

I always do, kerj. I've helped many people through bureaucratic ropes. It's never a good day when you have to apply for help. Going in, anticipating a smooth sail, IMO, only sets up my poor friend for more disappointment. IF HE KNOWS going in that it will be another battle, it will steel him for it.

That maybe the case and you are probably right, but I don't think offering him this "dose of reality" as you did, was what he was looking for! It seems he was having a rough day, to me your comments weren't well placed given the moment. IMO

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

((((((((((( Abandoned )))))))))))))

I'm glad to hear you've decided to try these options. Good for you!! It can only go up, buddy........

• FreeChick
    FreeChick

Abandoned, sorry to hear you are going through this right now and hope that you will find some relief soon. You have received great advice here. Keep your friends close and accept any help they are able to provide.

Jgnat...I agree with your position. A person will be more successful if they have the proper mindset and expection going into a situation. For 14 years, I helped my mother through the state systems and it is daunting. Your advice to Ab was very caring and as always, I appreciate your viewpoints.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

(((((((Abandoned))))))

I hope you are going to feel more hopeful about your future soon. I would offer to send you some money, but as you know our Canadian cash is worth only pennies in the US

Tomorrow will be a better day: "hope rises with the dawn" Get some rest and please think carefully about your options.

TS

• dobbie
    dobbie

Hi Abandoned, i can't offer you any monetary advice i'm afraid, though some of the above seems v good advice. Just wanted to say hang in there mate, and sending you hugs cos you obviously need some right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit