Active JW's on this forum

by winnie 66 Replies latest jw friends

• winnie
    winnie

How can they possibly be true to themselves, saying one thing and doing another ? If everyone worried about losing their families, then none of us would have left, and I don't need the latest gossip to convince me how wrong they are. Already came to that conclusion.

A person should stand by there convictions, and if this forum is designed to remove people from a corrupt organization, then those who choose to remain a jw because its to hard to leave are not contributing. About time they stood up and be counted. If they remain in this religion, then they themselves are part of the problem.

Why feel sympathy for these ones? I don't and if you ask me, I have little respect for them.

So to all you active jw's, don't winge about how awful it is to be a jw. Get out and live life. You never know, you may feel better.

I'm sure all the bleeding hearts will not like what I've said, on the other hand it might make others sit up and think.

• winnie
    winnie

I agree with most things ald soul said regarding the wt.

And I don't have a problem with people bringing matters to light regarding the wt. What I have a problem with is how they do it. It is as underhanded and two faced as the wt is. There are other ways of exposing the jw's for who they are. And you don't have to remain one to do it.

If all the still active ones on this forum stood up and left, maybe it may make the remaining ones think for themselves and start questioning.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom
    So to all you active jw's, don't winge about how awful it is to be a jw.

Winne, think of it this way. There are those who hate their jobs and complain about it, yet still go. There may be several reasons for this.

As mentioned from other posters, this is basically what some JW's do while still being "active". Their ties may be family, reform, trying to help their brothers/sisters in the light of what the Bible says...etc.

I'm still an active JW. I choose to filter out what the WTS teaches if it is not in line with what the Bible says in my limited perception of scripture. I don't know everything about the Bible, but I'm still learning and trying to do my best to follow in the steps of Jesus Christ. Not the WTS.

Do you believe everything in the newspaper? Do you read everything in the newspaper? I don't. And that is what I do when reading the publications of the WTS.

By the way winnie, we appreciate that you here and what you are feeling. This applies to all posters, whether "active" JW's or not.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously by WTS standards)

• I quit!
    I quit!
    How can they possibly be true to themselves, saying one thing and doing another ? If everyone worried about losing their families, then none of us would have left, and I don't need the latest gossip to convince me how wrong they are. Already came to that conclusion.

I understand what you are saying here. I probably left in a manor similar to you. Once I knew it wasn't the truth I had to get out. I couldn't fake it and had no desire to. My feeling was let the pieces fall where they may, and they did. But that was me. Everyone circumstances are different. Some people struggle a long time before they can admit it isn't the truth. Remember the Watchtower uses mind control to brainwash its followers. I don't know if you have read Diane Wilson's book on her life as a witness but it is a good one that details the mental struggle she went through to get out.

• winnie
    winnie

to AuldSoul

what a load of mumbo jumbo. Are you sure you don't write for the watchtower.Your reasoning sounds like you used there formula all those illustrations that just confuse.If an elder came to my door and belittled his religion and then went to kh on sunday he would get no respect from me so why should he be allowed to enter my home via computer?So he can remain anonymous?PLEASE

Everyone is missing the point i much rather respect a jw who stands by what he says then one who hides in the shadows.

I have a feeling that these ones who post on forums yet remain active are hedgeing there bets,if things look like going in jws favour then they can quickly aline themselves with wtbts for those of us who are true to our convictions will have to suffer.Not that for one moment do i think end of world is immintent.

I don't need any advice from active jws if your baptized and active then your all in the same boat same as jws put all apostates together

Who wants to know how your going to managed now that your magazines orders have changed

Really you should set up your own web page for disillusioned active jws then you can all winge amonst you selves.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Everyone is missing the point i much rather respect a jw who stands by what he says then one who hides in the shadows.

I don't think anyone here is missing any of your points, Winnie. It's obvious that in your opinion, it's your way or the highway. That's not what love is all about. Everyone here is trying to be tactful and thoughtful in their responses. You catch more flies with honey....honey.

Frannie

• becca1
    becca1

Welcome to the forum Winnie.

As someone who is actively "fading", I'd like to address your issues. I can't speak for others but I still attend some meetings, less each week and don't openly make waves because if I did I would lose my family. That's a price I will not willingly pay.

I do not shun DF'd ones. I don't "chat it up" with them at the KH but if I see them out and about I greet them. I even have a good friend whose son was recently DF'd and I called him up and offered my support.

The elders know I have serious concerns, particularly about the UN/ngo issue. I have not been in FS since June. I would love to shout from the rooftops what my deepest feeilgs are but if I do I will most certainly be DF'd. Not my rule - theirs.

I think most others who post here and are still to some extent associating with the WT have simlar reasons as mine.

Is that so hard to understand?

DO you realize that your black and white view of things is very similar to the WT? Maybe you have not been out long enough to overcome these harsh feelings.

• ?me?
    ?me?

i am still active, with ALL my family very active. but me and my wife are reasonable about how we act and how we let what we hear or "learn" at the meeting affect us. i don't think there is anything wrong with having a relationship with Jehovah, learning, and listening at the meetings (with a critical and diserning ear) and incorperating it into our lives and family.

i think it is kinda like if you were or are a democrat and you support and help democrats, but you don't necessarily agree or believe EVERYTHING that they stand for. of course we all know that to all "hardcore" witnesses it is all or nothing as far as rules and beliefs. but we choose to be those fringe witnesses, skipping meetings to sleep in, going out in service (an hour of calls) every month or 2, and answering very infrequently at the meetings .

of course there are family concerns, and all of our best friends are in also, so that influences us also. i think if you can find a happy medium in your mind and heart between serving Jehovah, and listening to a kooky organization i think it can work

me

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Winnie wrote: ...if this forum is designed to remove people from a corrupt organization, then those who choose to remain a jw because its to hard to leave are not contributing.

That's a pretty big 'If...'

Did you know that Simon was an active witness when he started this site?

It's an interesting story and a good read. Maybe spend a little time reading how the forum came about and then you may have a little more tolerance and acceptance of the people who post here.

-Aude. (meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding; Dare to Think for Yourself.)

• Highlander
    Highlander

I'm thankful that there are active j-dubs that post at this board. I believe their presence creates a balanced board that allows lurkers and active j-dubs to visit this site and explore

their doubts and questions in safe circumstances as opposed to that of questioning things at the kingdumb hall. If this entire board consisted of only x-dubs, then it's quite possible that

lurkers and active dubs with doubts would be too afraid to visit and grow with us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit