Active JW's on this forum

by winnie 66 Replies latest jw friends

• winnie
    winnie

Having read posts over the last few months, I have come to the conclusion that there must be alot of 'active' jw's who still regularly attend meetings/field service etc.

Don't you feel that by posting your many and varied topics, usually complaining/disagreeing with the wbts, that you are being hypocritical? When you post your information, obtained sometimes in an questionable manner, doesn't it make you question your own underhanded actions?

You converse with many on this forum who are disfellowshipped/dissasociated, yet if you knew who these ones were, face to face, you would not give them the time of day! You would openly 'shun' them as the wbts tells you to do.

Saying one thing, but doing another....how do you justify this?

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Alot of ones on the site are still in because of family. I know of alot that are torn, but don't want to lose them. I was in this boat many years ago. Don't judge what others are doing, when you don't know the whole story.

And welcome to the forum!!

shelley

• Zico
    Zico
    You converse with many on this forum who are disfellowshipped/dissasociated, yet if you knew who these ones were, face to face, you would not give them the time of day! You would openly 'shun' them as the wbts tells you to do.

No I wouldn't.

• winnie
    winnie

I don't judge anyone. What they do is their business. I was asking out of curiosity more than anything else.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Don't you feel that by posting your many and varied topics, usually complaining/disagreeing with the wbts, that you are being hypocritical? When you post your information, obtained sometimes in an questionable manner, doesn't it make you question your own underhanded actions?

I don't judge anyone. What they do is their business. I was asking out of curiosity more than anything else.

Winnie, I'm sure that Shelley just misunderstood your questioning the active JW's actions as hypocritical and underhanded and didn't realize that you were accusatory in your questioning of their actions merely out of curiosity.

Frannie

• Zico
    Zico

I think your statement that all active JWs on the board would shun anyone who is df'd or da'd face to face was a very judgemental comment, since you stated it as if it's a fact when it's absolutely not true. I think active JWs are very important in keeping people updated on the goings-on in within the religion, which can help former JWs to keep updated, and help current JWs, and also to fight against the Society.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

winnie,

If someone has examined closely enough to determine that the WTS is a corrupt organization that preys on the naive and innocent and destroys some of the finest qualities of humanity, how could they justify to themselves not taking steps to help strip away the false face the organization publicizes?

Would you feel badly about someone in the Russian Mafia turning State's evidence and obtaining proofs of their nefarious nature?

The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses (CCoJW) claims to be Christian (even adding the word "Christian" into the official registered religion's name) while denying its adherents a personal relationship with Jesus—JWs can't even talk to Jesus, how could they possibly have a personal relationship with him?

The CCoJW destroys families while claiming to build up families, it practices disfellowshipping as a means of silencing detractors which separates those familiar with one another. (Proverbs 16:28) The one sentenced to spiritual death has no opportunity to appeal to the congregation, only to another group of elders (clergymen) who consistently uphold organizational dogma even over the Bible. Congregants have no opportunity to weigh the evidence and determine for themselves whether so severe a punishment as shunning is actually warranted. In many cases the announcement of disfellowshipping/disassociation is, in effect, slander. It destroys a person's reputation and community standing and they have no opportunity to defend themselves to that community.

The CCoJW claims the Pharisees were underhand for holding Jesus' public trial at night because no one would be awake to witness the proceedings, yet ALL of their trials are held without allowing neutral third-party witnesses to the proceedings. Even a tape recorder is not allowed.

The CCoJW adds reams of laws to the burden of Christ without any Scriptural support and holds its adherents accountable to these extra laws—a figurative fence around the law of Christ—as though these laws are binding to God.

The CCoJW has surrounded itself with a shield of "religious freedom", a right guaranteed originally to individuals later intepreted to apply to organizations as well. Because of this cloak of seeming legitimacy, this "front" for its greedy, destructive and extreme punitive actions, it is difficult to penetrate the veil of privilege behind which hides the proof of their foul deeds.

So, I for one have no problem with someone employing subterfuge to bring these things to light. Instead, I wonder what sort of person would have a problem with it.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• juni
    juni

Amen!

Juni

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I tune in here for the subterfuge.

Any underhanded lying religion that promotes itself as 'God's organization' and the 'ark of salvation', and in so doing creates a closed society that routinely destroys lives and love, needs to be unveiled in glorious color for the world to see.

When I was baptised at 17 years old, no one ever told me "Brother, when you finally find out we are lying to you, we misrepresent God in every possible way, we hide pedophiles, we involve ourselves with politics, we do and will change doctrine that may cost you or your family thier lives, when you find all that out, don't you dare just walk away and worship God as you see fit, for we will cause you to loose your family, shun you publicly, and slander name to all hearers! And if you think that is bad, just wait and see what we do to those who actually sin!"

If they had made such disclosures to me, I would have flipped 'em off and went off at that time instead of wasting 35 years in finding it out.

I doubt there is anyone doing what these 'faders' do here, within say the Baptist church. Reason: they don't try and ruin your life for leaving.

Jeff

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Leaving is a process. When you talk about how controlling this cult is it takes time, and for some staying is the only alternative for them. They are there physically, but in their minds they know that they are there to keep their families etc. Really no different then many people that attend church today. Personally, I am just glad that they are here with us.

Leslie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit