Active JW's on this forum

by winnie 66 Replies latest jw friends

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

first of all winnie, i dont want your approval or respect. you can kiss my ass for all i care. what i do care about is my family, who are devout jw's, my circle of friends that i've acquired thru 30+ years of being a jw. i would lose them all. i could if anyone found out about me on this forum. i dont like many things about jw's, but the same is true about all religions. so i stay.

i still have friends with whom i still associate with that are df'd. i personally dont care.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Winnie..It`s obvious you don`t know sh*t about what it is to be a JW..Or..The pain it takes to break away..I doubt you`ve lived our life..Why are you here?...OUTLAW

• zanex
    zanex

its amazing what catches my eye in terms of posting...sigh. This one's gonna get me in trouble tho...sigh...I have had a bad week so here's some blatant truth as perceived by me...

I am one of those who lived an active JW life and then now even MORE living in the DF life...I lost ALL my family from this..I lost ALL "friends" that i had gained over some 10 years or so of active jw "ness"...do I feel as though I HAD to lose all of those "friends" and "family" to gain real truth? Yes....I can now say that. If I wanted to survive bad enuff I would do what I had to...

Does it bother me when people talk about whats wrong with the society while STILL actively being PART of it? Sometimes it does...Why should others be allowed to "have their cake and eat it too?" Being disfellowshipped to me is now as much of a punishment of THOSE people who put me here in the first place. Maybe THEY are the ones who need the "reverse disfellowshipping" My active disfellowshipping of THEM may make them realize the folly of their way and change...I dunno...

I understand the reasoning behind the high level of unease, and decisive punishment meted out by the JW org is severe and coming out of those covers is blindingly difficult, but at some point the break MUST come...and complaints about the society must be followed by action...at whatever the cost. It is NOT easy...but who said anything worthwhile was easy?

No judgement here tho...people got to do what they got to do to survive...regardless of what others say...

-Z- (of the know how difficult it is class)

• winnie
    winnie
    Winnie..It`s obvious you don`t know sh*t about what it is to be a JW..Or..The pain it takes to break away..I doubt you`ve lived our life..Why are you here?...OUTLAW

Starting to show your true colours now. Have I hit a nerve? Are you feeling a tad guilty? Maybe hypocritical? Next you'll be defending JW's! For your info, I was raised a JW, My hubby's father is local P/O, his whole family live here, and we are considered no part of their family. This is what happened when we disagreed with their beliefs. So don't tell me I don't know shit about what it is like to be a JW. Why are YOU here?

• winnie
    winnie
    i dont want your approval or respect. you can kiss my ass for all i care.

Getting a bit touchy, aren't we???

• grey matters
    grey matters

Winnie,

I left to get away from judgemental, self-righteous people. I'm sorry you feel the need to act the way you have in this thread.

• winnie
    winnie

Some people replying to my post feel that I have taken a 'hard line' with all you active JW's. I'm sorry that you feel this way, but you have no idea what active JW's have done to my family! And if you cannot handle being questioned about your actions, then you shouldn't reply to some topics raised. I will never begin to understand why some of you feel the need to whinge about your situations. You put yourselves there, you can change your circumstances. It is as easy or as simple as you choose to make it.

As for the one who has decided that I need to be referred to the forum assistants, exactly what have I done wrong, but to disagree with the stand some here have decided to take? Reminds me of being a JW, being referred to the elders for daring to disagree. I have not been abusive, have not threatened anyone, and as far as I'm concerned, not insulted anyone. I have not made any vulgar comments as some have felt the need to add in their reply. So I say again, what have I done that could be interpreted as 'harmful'?

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's a harsh view of the JWs who are trapped in the WTS and find it difficult to move out because of family mainly. You are being almost as aggressive as the JWs in setting up such high standards that exact such demands. Some JWs will have to lead a double life due to the over aggressive and intrusive way the WTS treats its members. We should blame them for it they don't allow free debate.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    It's a harsh view of the JWs who are trapped in the WTS and find it difficult to move out because of family mainly. You are being almost as aggressive as the JWs in setting up such high standards that exact such demands. Some JWs will have to lead a double life due to the over aggressive and intrusive way the WTS treats its members.

Yes, Greendawn. I've known people to become suicidal over such harsh and judgmental treatment from people who're much like the very heirarchy they're seeking to escape from eventually. Not everyone is cut from the same cloth, nor does everyone have such militaristic fortitude to do what's necessary at one fell swoop. And all JW's active or inactive did not conspire to do any one particular person harm.

Frannie

• grey matters
    grey matters

I understand the damage that hard line JW's do, Winnie. And I am sorry for the damage they have done to your family. But the people who post on this board are not hard line JW's or they wouldn't be posting here. They are victims like you and I and the rest of us. They are not your enemy.

I have friends who seem to feel the same way about the organization that I do, and yet they still attend. When they express their frustration to me I wonder why they still go. I don't understand it. But you know what? I'm still going to support them, because they are still my friends. They are not out to get me or my family. And they don't owe it to me to exact some kind of vengeance on the WTS for the damage it has done to my family. That is something that I have to deal with. And coming here is part of the way I deal with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit