Active JW's on this forum

by winnie 66 Replies latest jw friends

• winnie
    winnie

You don't know my situation, nor what I have been through to get to this point. I certainly don't mean to incite anyone to suicidal thoughts if that is what you are implying! I am the way I am because that is the only way I know how to cope with my present situation. As for expecting such high standards, and demanding that others meet them, where did I say that? If ones feel that they have to stay in the 'truth' because of family and friends, then that is there decision, but don't attack me for asking them why. I know all active JW's don't treat outsiders the way they are told too, but I must have done something wrong in a previous life, for all I have ever known is critisism, judgement, and punishment metered out when not deserved! I have not yet met a JW that is accepting of ones who are not an active JW, as some of you claim to be, so excuse me for being skeptical. I have even helped others that have been disfellowshipped, and not judged them, only to have them turn on me when they get re-instated.

I can't deal with this anymore. I'm going to watch tv.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

You don't know my situation, nor what I have been through to get to this point. I certainly don't mean to incite anyone to suicidal thoughts if that is what you are implying! I am the way I am because that is the only way I know how to cope with my present situation. As for expecting such high standards, and demanding that others meet them, where did I say that? If ones feel that they have to stay in the 'truth' because of family and friends, then that is there decision, but don't attack me for asking them why. I know all active JW's don't treat outsiders the way they are told too, but I must have done something wrong in a previous life, for all I have ever known is critisism, judgement, and punishment metered out when not deserved! I have not yet met a JW that is accepting of ones who are not an active JW, as some of you claim to be, so excuse me for being skeptical. I have even helped others that have been disfellowshipped, and not judged them, only to have them turn on me when they get re-instated.

I can't deal with this anymore. I'm going to watch tv.

Winnie, the problem is that you don't know what these other people have personally been through to get to the point THEY'VE reached. This board and the people on it, while more than ready and willing to reach out with encouragement and support for those who are in need, are not ALL about you. The people here, whether active or inactive, didn't cause your problems, nor did they individually or collectively do harm to your family. In essence, you're attacking them in a most vulnerable and painful way. Perhaps if you stop judging so harshly, you won't be judged so harshly. And yes, you are judging. You say you're not, but you most definitely are. You want everyone to line up and be like you, have your attitude and if they don't, their behavior or lack of action is unacceptable to you.

Frannie

• greendawn
    greendawn

I have no doubt that most if not all of these unwilling JWs wouldn't treat an ex JW in a disrespectful shunning way, in conditions of privacy though they may appear to do so when other dubs are around. And we can't even call this double sided behaviour as hypocritical.

As for you experiencing a very judgemental attitude among the dubs that's a well known negative trait of that cult and that's why many members left, whatever is done is not enough, the standard is set diabolically high.

• anonimus
    anonimus
    the problem is that you don't know what these other people have personally been through to get to the point THEY'VE reached. This board and the people on it, while more than ready and willing to reach out with encouragement and support for those who are in need, are not ALL about you. The people here, whether active or inactive, didn't cause your problems, nor did they individually or collectively do harm to your family. In essence, you're attacking them in a most vulnerable and painful way. Perhaps if you stop judging so harshly, you won't be judged so harshly. And yes, you are judging. You say you're not, but you most definitely are. You want everyone to line up and be like you, have your attitude and if they don't, their behavior or lack of action is unacceptable to you.

Frannie, I have been visiting this site as a gest for some time now, and have been following this persons topics and post for a couple of weeks now. I sined up a min ago so I could reply to this one. If they are who I think they are, then I think you should tread very carefully with your coments. If I am correct, they have been through hell and back and not just recently, but for years now. Alot of the ones on this forum, I'm sure have had there past trying circumstances, but none, I don't think, can compare to what they have had given to them over the years, and all dealt out by family and so called friends that were all, and still are active jehovahs witnesses. I don't believe that they are judging ones on this board, just stating it as they see it. If I am right about who they are, then they are the last people that would judge anyone, they just don't understand how people can't be honest with themself and everyone around them.

Just go easy...unless you have been in similar circumstances, (and it's not for me to say what these are) you have no idea what a can of worms you would be opening if you pursue your line of accusations.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Anonimous, as I stated, this board isn't just about one person and one person's feelings only. She's been hurting people as you can see from some of the responses. If it's any consolation, though I did just post this comment on another thread:

I'm getting the sense that this person is in a great deal of personal pain and experiencing a tremendous amount of anger over her own experiences and taking it out on others who haven't reached the same level of "progress" in their healing. Hopefully, she'll stop attacking others and begin to work on her own problems. Cause that's what we're here for, idnit? To help?

Frannie (who's not really as blind as she may appear, at times, to be)

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Oh! Forgive me, Anonimus! Welcome to the forum! I hope your first post won't be your last. And I do appreciate your input. We don't know anything about anyone unless they or someone else tells us, do we? Thank you.

Frannie

• jeanV
    jeanV
    DO you realize that your black and white view of things is very similar to the WT? Maybe you have not been out long enough to overcome these harsh feelings.

I could have not expressed it better.

btw winnie, had you been in nazi germany, realising hitler was wrong, how would you have handled the situation? how would you have tried to help the victims of nazism?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day winnie,

New South, eh? We might know each other.

I can see that you've been posting on JWD just a little while and may not be aware of JWD's history. The logo says it all :"everyone welcome!" When I 'joined up' more than six years ago, we had just a few hundred posters and many were JWs or at least doubters. Things have moved on and we now have thousands posting and from all backgrounds, whether dubs or ex-dubs.

Should dubs post? Why not! Surely they are demonstrating their willingness to be informed and molded. At times we have posters who strongly defend WT teachings - we welcome them. Yes, we do! They might learn something! Remember the saying "iron sharpens iron"? It's a two way street and their defending of teachings affords us an opportunity to examine where we might be on the road to freedom.

In doing so, we require that all posters abide by the "Posting Guidelines" which include not making personal attacks.

So, in regard to this:

And I don't have a problem with people bringing matters to light regarding the wt. What I have a problem with is how they do it. It is as underhanded and two faced as the wt is. There are other ways of exposing the jw's for who they are. And you don't have to remain one to do it.

You may well be correct in your views but those views will not be employed in operating JWD.

So long as posters comply with Posting Guidelines, they are welcome.

And what a motley bunch we are!

Cheers, Ozzie

• exjdub
    exjdub
    I am the way I am because that is the only way I know how to cope with my present situation.

winnie,

I too felt the same way just a few years ago. My anger burned bright due to the treatment I received from the Borg and I would call anyone out that I felt was hypocritical, or who I felt lacked courage in their convictions. I have learned since that this is a narrow view and does not allow for growth in me, nor in other people. I can also assure you that this is most certainly not the only way to cope, as much as it may feel that way. Coping, and healing, is much easier when you open your heart and seek to understand why others do what they do and say what they say, rather than interpreting what they are saying as somehow being hypocritical. Closing the heart delays healing.

There are many paths to the top of the mountain. What would be the benefit if I reached the top of the mountain (in this case the mountain being the goal of leaving the Borg never to return), but then tried to knock others off who reached the top of the mountain because I didn't like the path they took, or how long it took them to reach the top? I only want them to reach the top, no matter how they do it, and I will hold my hand out to anyone that needs it to step up. If some need to stay in because of family, or because they still agree with GB on some issues, it really does not bother me. If they are here, they are in the right place.

exjdub

• exjdub
    exjdub

I would also add that those that are still in provide an invaluable service by keeping us updated with "new light" and changes in the Borg. If there were not those willing to put themselves at risk, we would not have the information that we have here. I am grateful for the sacrifice.

exjdub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit