Active JW's on this forum

by winnie 66 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

winnie,

What I have a problem with is how they do it. It is as underhanded and two faced as the wt is. There are other ways of exposing the jw's for who they are. And you don't have to remain one to do it.

And what of the period before you have decided with certainty who they are? What of the period where you are uncertain? What of the period where you are faced with the choice of potentially losing all contact with your family or choking down the guilt you feel over increasing doubts?

You must live in a very black and white world, winnie. It took me one full year to be certain. For some it takes even longer. Why would anyone be completely candid and honest with an organization that views persistent doubts as sufficient grounds for cutting you off from those with whom you are familiar? I would regard such a person as foolhardy in the extreme.

Everyone is missing the point i much rather respect a jw who stands by what he says then one who hides in the shadows.

Which is more likely, winnie: That everyone is missing the point or that your point has very little or no merit at all? I think the latter is more likely.

In my opinion, since the line under "Jehovahs-Witness Discussion Forum" on the icon in the top left reads "...everyone welcome!" perhaps only people who have no tolerance for victims of long term psychological, emotional, and spiritual abuse should make their own forum and whine amongst themselves.

In fact, I happen to know that such forums exist. If you don't agree with the philosophy of everyone being welcome you always have the choice of posting elsewhere.

I find it remarkably hypocritical that you initiated this thread saying you had one objective and then revealing a different objective later on. You are certainly trying to judge, but you portray yourself differently in your first post to this thread. You are demonstrating a lack of integrity while dictating to others how they must express this quality in order to be pleasing to winnie.

I agree with most things ald soul said regarding the wt.
    to AuldSoul: what a load of mumbo jumbo.

Which is it, winnie? Did you experience a period of uncertainty? Did you go back and investigate, and come to different conclusion eventually?Stretch that out over about 1.5 to 2 years and that is what the average escaping JW suffers through. Why should they not keep us up to date on what is going on?

Personally, I have stopped reading the magazines but I want to know what they are still pumping into my wife's head. So, I value the contribution of blondie, sir82, zarco, Doubting Bro, and others who post here. I value blondie's Watchtower consideration, and will value it even more once the study articles are no longer available to the public.

You treat with disdain those who disagree with you. That is repugnant to me.

—AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Since you were not specific about your concerns, winnie, I can't really respond intelligently. Your "problem" was framed in a way that lacked intelligence.

Are you sure you don't write for the watchtower.Your reasoning sounds like you used there formula all those illustrations that just confuse.

I used one illustration.

AuldSoul: Would you feel badly about someone in the Russian Mafia turning State's evidence and obtaining proofs of their nefarious nature?

It was framed in the form of a question. The Russian Mafia kills people within its organization who are caught turning State's evidence. This is considered an intimidation tactic. It isn't so much about the one who gets killed as it is about warning those still alive.

Jehovah's Witnesses disfellowship those caught turning into witnesses for the interests of the public. This is considered an intimidation tactic. It isn't so much about the one who gets figuratively stoned (according to the JW dogma) as it is about warning those still "spiritually alive."

Don't challenge the almighty Governing Body! They can cut off your head. You didn't answer the question.

Some people replying to my post feel that I have taken a 'hard line' with all you active JW's. I'm sorry that you feel this way, but you have no idea what active JW's have done to my family!

You have taken a 'hard line' with all active JWs. It is a stupid and insensitive position, no matter what active JWs have done to your family. It demonstrates a very self-centered approach to the world. It also demonstrates that you have little or no understanding regarding the damage the religion does to active JWs.

Most of us have pity for active JWs, like Stephen expressed as he was being stoned. They don't know what they are doing. But the ones who pull the strings know. Now, if you are looking for sympathy or empathy you will find plenty of both after you drop your pompous, self-righteous posturing. It is most unbecoming.

—AuldSoul

• becca1
    becca1

First: welcome to the newbies who've joined this thread.

Second: Frannie, I think you have taken a balanced view ot things and have "hit the nail on the head" with several of your comments.

Third: Winnie, I join those who have said they believe you are coming form a very painful place and are acting out accordingly. We all understand that. It's a stage we all go thru in the process of recovering from the damage inflicted upon us. I too was raised a witness so I know first hand how deeply we can be hurt.

All that being said, You have most certainly said some very judgemental and painful things. Though we understand where you are coming from, it still hurts.

Please try to understand that we all are dealing with the same issues but some have been hurt more deeply or have more to lose that others (I for one would lose children and grandchildren).Therefore, how each one choses to deal with their circumstances and their pain is up to them. We come here to be supported in our journey to recovery. We don't need to hear that our journey is flawed or that we've taken the wrong route. That just brings us back to the JW mentality of "we have the only truth and everyone else is wrong".

I wish you success in finding peace within yourself. Just remember that where there is anger and bitterness their is no peace.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher
    Coping, and healing, is much easier when you open your heart and seek to understand why others do what they do and say what they say, rather than interpreting what they are saying as somehow being hypocritical. Closing the heart delays healing.

There are many paths to the top of the mountain. What would be the benefit if I reached the top of the mountain (in this case the mountain being the goal of leaving the Borg never to return), but then tried to knock others off who reached the top of the mountain because I didn't like the path they took, or how long it took them to reach the top? I only want them to reach the top, no matter how they do it, and I will hold my hand out to anyone that needs it to step up. If some need to stay in because of family, or because they still agree with GB on some issues, it really does not bother me. If they are here, they are in the right place.

Exjwdub: This is a lovely analogy, thank you for putting it so succinctly. From my reading on cultic involvement, leaving the organization is not the end of the journey, but a step along the way to healing. After the grieving, the anger and the guilt needs to come understanding (why did I choose to join, why did my parents raise me this way?), acceptance (I cannot change what has happened in the past but I can move forward), and yes, even forgiveness (I forgive those who act towards me according to the way that they have been taught, believing in error that they are following the truth)...easier said than done, and I do not make this statement lightly. However, as you said so beautifully, we need to help each other get to the top of the mountain!

TS (of the hand-holding class)

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

winnie,

I will try to illustrate your approach:

Imagine you have invited a few friends over for dinner. As a late arrival, I come in and challenge you as to why you allowed black people to attend because black people have been bad to my family in the past. But I don't take the issue up with just you, I also ask the whole house (including the black guests) just what in the world black people are doing in the house.

How would you react?

Can you see any similarity?

—AuldSoul

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Winnie, I am sorry that you have personally experienced such pain from your family and others that said they were your friends. It is the ultimate betrayal to help others, and then they turn on you. Again, it is the control of this cult on its members, that causes people to act in such a painful way. Many of us here have experienced similiar painful acts from those that said they loved us. It is different in how it is meted out, but the pain is all the same.

Everyone deals differently with experiences in life, for you to walk away was the best for you. For others it might be they needed to fade away. And then for others they feel they need to stay, but only in a physical way. I know you have lost much in making a stand, so it might feel to you that they are cowards, but for them they are just not willing to lose everything. Everyone has a valid point in how they want to handle it, because only they live their lives.

I hope you keep coming back and voicing your feelings...it is what makes this board great.

Leslie

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Winnie..Thanks for the reply..Yes,you hit a nerve..No,I don`t feel like a hypocrate..I`m not an active JW..I was raised in this Cult..I have sympathy for those who are trying to leave the JW`s or those who have just found out about the absolute corruption within the WBT$..It`s not easy..The "Blackmail" the WBT$ imposes to stay with the religion is incredible..I still have friends who are trying to ease out without destroying thier lives..They still go to meetings and assemblys..One of our own on this board got re-enstated so he could be with his family..WBT$ makes war on those who leave..War is never black and white..Some JW`s in less fortunate positions than mine,need to do what they have to do to survive..It`s war...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit