I've got a scan of that letter!

by SirNose586 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Kudra
    Kudra

Sir-Nose-

Call up and say you forgot to give the letter back and you'll just go down and drop it off at the hall and- OH! but you don't ..have ..a ..key...

that should get the ball rolling!

The you can you get into all sorts of secret files and pass em on to us ;)

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "...and the circulation of Awake! continues to increase."

Pardon my ignorance here, but... if you reduce the number of issues per month from 2 to 1... and say... when you were producing 2 issues per month you were making 50 copies (small numbers - since I'm a tad slow). When you reduce the issues per month from 2 to 1, you now produce 100 copies. Did your circulation 'increase'?

I guess I have no real numbers to plug in - other than they reduced the number of issues from 2 per month to 1 per month for the Awake.

This may have been discussed before but what I see them doing is printing the Kingdom Ministry in this second Watchtower, as well as other things like 'corrections' to outdated publications that they will study on Tuesday nights. Oh. And the Sunday Watchtower study articles.

Regards,

Jim TX

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I wonder what edition they will publish the annual report of witnesses that is generally published
    in the Feb 1st issue. Will they consider these statistics "internal" documentation?

This is actually the best of questions. As the negative numbers increase, and they know
    the public isn't all that interested in them, will they bother to print them at all in a WT,
    study or public magazine? Perhaps they will get put into the yearbook, but not studied.

That way the GB can pretend they aren't important.

OR- the negatives will be used to "prove" the end is imminent. STUDY THEM TO DEATH.

• heathen
    heathen

LOL@garybus so what are they doing , simply putting more information in one volume to cover the whole month ? They may be just trying to cut down on the cost of distribution by writing things further in advance . I think it is a good move on their part to write articles directed toward newbies . They could also save a few pennies by not using color ink . These days they could consider web publishing but that would only mess up the dogma of the stinging tail of publications left behind in laundry mats . Keep us informed .............

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

"You are all welcome! I mean, really, it wasn't hard at all. Hell, I think I could get away with this more often. I just lucked out last night."

It wasn't luck SirNose. It was Jehovah's spirit doncha know? Or was it Satan's? Hmmm...maybe the Flying Spaghetti Monster was lookin' out for ya. Regardless, nice work.

:) tall penguin

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It has been suggested that they will need twice as many of the public issue as before.
    I totally disagree. They know that the average printing and the total placements
    are two differing numbers. They will push to cut down on the piles of mags in the
    basement, attic, garage, landfill. They will say to make the RV's with those on your
    magazine route, endeavoring to start a study or talk about an issue, but not to
    just "place magazines."

Their money really comes from the rank and file, not the public who can't wait to
    read their Watchtower and Awake. If they can cut down the number of mags, but
    guilt the JW's into the same donations as before, they are up some.

Production costs are down for the second magazine. We all know they will eventually
    put the Kingdom Ministry in there. Interested ones will be told they can only have this
    mag. if they come regularly.

It must have been really difficult to work up two completely different presentations every
    month. I expect that they can cut back on the public issue even more by not putting a
    date on it- make huge runs like a brochure and keep offering them.
    THE WATCHTOWER- Spring 2009, or just WT- 2009

These are exciting times we are living in. We get to see the beginning of the end right
    before our eyes. We've lived thru the growth and expansion period, and now we start the
    slow decline toward everlasting destruction- of the WTS. I look forward to hearing the
    good news of further reductions.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Sir-Nose-

Call up and say you forgot to give the letter back and you'll just go down and drop it off at the hall and- OH! but you don't ..have ..a ..key...

that should get the ball rolling!

The you can you get into all sorts of secret files and pass em on to us ;)

Kudra, that's not a bad idea! It's worth a try. I'm pretty sure the letters are supposed to be posted up on the board (at least one of them is). There are alternative ways to get the letters back to him, or up on the board, but it's worth a try.

As for any secret files, those are probably locked away in the hall. Someone stole a lot of publisher cards a few years back, and as a result, they are probably under combination lock. It could also be that there are no files stored at the hall anymore.

If I get a key, I can resume my old plan of getting a small, high quality recorder and camouflaging it in the air conditioning closet so I can record those elders' meetings.

• heathen
    heathen

"If I get a key, I can resume my old plan of getting a small, high quality recorder and camouflaging it in the air conditioning closet so I can record those elders' meetings." The sneaky basturds probly have equipment to sweep for stuff like that or they have it being watched with sneaky cameras hidden . You can put it right next to their device , maybe they won't tell the difference .LOL

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

They must really hate to put "full time minister" behind pioneer... I have quickly checked the CD-ROM an I have a feeling that they explain it more often in "study articles" than in articles for the public.

• skyking
    skyking

Thanks for the letter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit