I've got a scan of that letter!

by SirNose586 64 Replies latest jw friends

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I just scanned the BoE letter about the WT format change. It's in .TIF format.

Enjoy!

• peggy
    peggy

It seems to me.....with one WT going only to the publishers, the COUNSEL will only get more militant! The publisher will be inundated with BLACK and WHITE.....YOU WILL....counsel, that the PUBLIC will not see!

Peg

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Thank you! I'm sure the info will be lapped up by all good dubbies... :-(

Dave

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Thanks for that SirNose.

I expect the congregation watchtower will contain even more hardline articles than they are writing now.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Does the Rank & File JW's already know this, or is yet to be revealed?

Outaservice

• sir82
    sir82

Hoo-boy, check out that 3rd paragraph!

"...information can be more pointed..."

Translation: No more pussy-footing around, worrying about what the "public" will think! No more of that "it is reasonable to conclude..." and "Mature Christians would decide to do.." crap! We're gonna explicitly spell it out for you even more clearly now: "Even though the Bible says X, what it really means is Y"..."If you don't do it exactly the way we tell you, you and your children are gonna die slowly and painfully at at Armageddon!"

"...a non-Witness will be able to read the [1st of the month] magazine from cover to cover without encountering material that has been especially prepared for Jehovah's Witnesses."

I wonder what they're gonna have in those "15th of the month" WTs that must be hidden from the general public?

• garybuss
    garybuss

"information can be more pointed"

That's gonna be nice. Watch for Witness happy meters going way up.

So, they're saying that the study articles never were for the public. Now it all makes sense.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Heeey, SirNose-

How exactly did you get that letter??

I smell some covert activity going on...!

-K

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    So, even in the study articles, we have to explain terms like "pioneer" in ways that the public can understand.

So they admit, in a roundabout way, that they invent new meanings for common words instead of communicating like normal people do.

Now they'll be able to water down the spiritual vomit for the general public while continuing to quaff it down at full strength themselves.

W

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Heeey, SirNose-

How exactly did you get that letter??

I smell some covert activity going on...!

-K

Well, in the "Confirmation of WT Change" thread, someone wished that they could get a copy of the letter. I remembered that I was going to give the announcement. I planned on taking the letter home instead of giving it back to the PO, hoping that he wouldn't notice.

I haven't even gotten a call from him yet. If he calls, I will be glad to give the letter back to him. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, suckas!!! Mwa ha ha ha!

Sir Nose of the Undercover Apostate Ninja Class

@ AlmostAtheist: Yes, after I read the letter, the hall burst into spontaneous applause. I really wasn't expecting it. I think though, they were most happy about only having to make one presentation per month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit