I've got a scan of that letter!

by SirNose586 64 Replies latest jw friends

• parakeet
    parakeet

So the WT is going underground -- ha! I love it! JWs are getting more cult-like all the time.

But, if the "study" edition will be available only to JWs, not the public, how will that impact sales? JWs will only need to buy the "study" WT for themselves; they won't be buying crates of them to sell to the public. Won't that decrease the WTS's income? I can't imagine them voluntarily giving up money. I wonder what their angle is.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    In the months since then, Jehovah's blessing has been seen on the arrangement and the circulation of Awake! continues to increase.

I would like to see some proof of Jehovah's blessing being on the Awake. I suppose Jehovah's blessing was also seen on the WT publications that said Armageddon was coming in 1975 and all the ones that said this wicked system of things would end within the generation of 1914.

It's pretty stupid to tell the rank + file what Jehovah blesses and what he doesn't.

Also, it sounds like the WTS is going to squeeze harder to retain control of the flock.

• minimus
    minimus

SirNose, thanx 4 that! The cult gets to read their own publication while the public gets to nothing of the real beliefs of the cult.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone
    I remembered that I was going to give the announcement. I planned on taking the letter home instead of giving it back to the PO, hoping that he wouldn't notice.

Berry berry thneeky, sirnose!

Thanks for your covert operations!

GGG

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I wonder what edition they will publish the annual report of witnesses that is generally published in the Feb 1st issue. Will they consider these statistics "internal" documentation?

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

While the private issue WT printing logically would go down, it looks to me like the public WT printing may go up to make up for only having the one to place.

Did the printing numbers go up on the Awake when they went to just one copy per month? Looks to me like the public WT and the Awake numbers should be about the same.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

You are all welcome! I mean, really, it wasn't hard at all. Hell, I think I could get away with this more often. I just lucked out last night.

The REAL challenge would be to take pictures of any letter that comes in. Or better yet, set up a hidden recording device to capture conversations held in the back room. Well, I could only think about that once I get a key to the hall, which might not be for awhile....

• minimus
    minimus

Are you an elder without a KH key?

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Thanks for that Sir!

Blueblades

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Are you an elder without a KH key?

Nope, I'm an MS without a key. The PO told me that he was thinking about giving me a key. He told me that a few months ago, so I think he forgot it. I don't feel like bringing it up (which would make it appear that I really wanted a key); perhaps it can come up in conversation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit