Why Is Everything Always Wrong To A Jehovah's Witness???

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• sspo
    sspo

Be careful if you have people over and you're watching tv, make sure no woman in a bathing suit comes on.

Do you quickly get up and change the channel or let it be?

What will they think of you and your family?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

never thought about it that way. good posts people.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I think that by presuming that everything is wrong or potentially wrong, there is no solid ground for staying balanced. Keeping someone off balance, is the perfect way to control their behaviour and make them submissive. You can always say it will take a thousand years to reach reach perfection. This therby, makes the person constantly do your will, and never questioning it. Many burn out, or turn to alcohol, or live a double life with dissonnace, giving a blank cheque to please an entity that can't be pleased or satiated. Also part of the witness identity is the is the antithesis of many things in society at large. This image, more or less, serves to point out, that society is not on the side of God and they stand out more as God's own. Image and control is everything.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    Can you think of similar things that show how JWs just can't be "normal"?

Titus 1:15 is the thought that came to my mind

Everything is pure to those whose hearts are pure. But nothing is pure to those who are corrupt and unbelieving, because their minds and consciences are corrupted.

abr

• JH
    JH

By making just about everything wrong, it divides people even more, and thats their goal.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Minimus: you know the answer to this question. I can't even believe you are asking this. Everything is always wrong to Witnesses because they are taught what they should believe.

CG

• greendawn
    greendawn

The crashing weight the dubs have to bear is jehovah's name they dread doing something that will bring reproach upon this name and upon his supposed organisation. Meanwhile the GB have no problems doing just that. The typical dub thinks often has something I've done brought ill repute upon god? Mimimus: "If you have too many people at your "gathering" then the elders will surely counsel you." I didn't know control was that bad. What's too many?

• carla
    carla

Funny they don't mind 'stumbling' non jw's by their behavior, beliefs and doctines. Channel changing? A real source of amusement in our house! To our jw I'm sure he thinks like he looks like he is being pious or something, but to us he looks like he has the dirty mind in everything he sees. If I could tell you some of the ridiculous things he changes you would be ROFL!

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Because you were always being watched! It was like a Soviet state where we were all spying on each other, for our own good, of course! And anything that might have stumbled someone was potentially dangerous, cause we all know there were some real freaks who were just LOOKING for something to be offended about! I remember the terror I felt when we moved and some sisters from the new cong helped me unpack - MY HARRY POTTER MOVIES!!!!!!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I was thinking since the witnesses cant understand the bible and fall in the false prophet category with Jehovah, they have to create diversions to control their parishiners.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit