Why Is Everything Always Wrong To A Jehovah's Witness???

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Nothing is ok. Everything is problematic..... What if you stumble someone???--------

Let's say you want to invite someone over, you gotta worry about someone thinking your favoring this one over another. You might be accused of having "cliques". If you have too many people at your "gathering" then the elders will surely counsel you. If you invite persons who are not "strong in the Truth", then you are dealing with "bad association". If you try to "encourage" them thru an invitation, you might be creating "leaven" to spoil the rest! If you have alcohol, will you have someone appointed to watch over things. How much will you allow others to drink in your home?? What if someone left your house, got into a deadly accident and YOU were considered "bloodguilty"? Is it not better to not have alcohol in the first place?? ........Isn't better to just dig a hole and stay there by yourself so that you can't be found guilty for some stupid "offense"???

Can you think of similar things that show how JWs just can't be "normal"?

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Can you think of similar things that show how JWs just can't be "normal"?

You got me tired just thinking about what you wrote.

How about having to watch what you say AND how you say it.

How about having to "act" a certain way at the Hall.

God, now I'm exhausted. Let someone else comment.

Warlock

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus:

How about having to check around your house to see if there is anything you need to "hide" because a certain somebody with a delicate conscience is coming over? Sometimes you didn't want these people to know anything about your business - even if it wasn't about anything wrong.

It just became so tiring having to deal with people who feel they need to comment or "critique" anything and everything.

LHG

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Why even come out the damn house?! Oh yeah I forgot the meetings and field service, gotta spread the joy. *gag*

• minimus
    minimus

This is getting very good!

You have to learn to be deceitful and secretive for fear that you'll disturb someone's conscience. Eat turkey on Thanksgiving but do it on the QT.

• blondie
    blondie

What you are describing, min, are "unwritten rules," an extremely effective tool that abusive groups and individuals use to control individuals. As long as the WTS feels they have to control their members rather than really let them exercise their conscience, the rank and file will continue to be confused as to what the "rule" really is.

Blondie

• Warlock
    Warlock
    As long as the WTS feels they have to control their members rather than really let them exercise their conscience, the rank and file will continue to be confused as to what the "rule" really is.

Blondie,

That is exactly right, not to mention that the "rule" or "rules" may or may not apply in your congregation, but may apply in mine. They may be stictly enforced, or lightly enforced. They may be enforced on some, but not on others.

Now I'm getting confused..................or was I already confused?

Warlock

• undercover
    undercover
    How about having to check around your house to see if there is anything you need to "hide" because a certain somebody with a delicate conscience is coming over? Sometimes you didn't want these people to know anything about your business - even if it wasn't about anything wrong.

I remember having to hide music, movies, books and magazines whenever we expected the "friends" over. We even had the bookstudy in our home for a few years and I had to make sure that anything "worldly" or "secular" was out of sight.

I was lucky fortunate, I was never counseled for the movies/music I had but more than one friend of mine got counseled by the elders when "friends" happened to see questionable music or movies laying around his home.

I think my subconscience knew all along that something was wrong in this religion because I played everything close to the chest. I was always secretive about what I did away from the hall, what music I liked or movies I watched. I basically trusted very few people. Looking back, that distrustfulness is what kept me safe from harrassement (read: contant counseling) by the elders.

• minimus
    minimus

Is it any wonder why anyone who was ever a Witness can be so deceitful??

• undercover
    undercover
    Is it any wonder why anyone who was ever a Witness can be so deceitful??

We were trained by some of the best in the deceitful business...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit