Why Is Everything Always Wrong To A Jehovah's Witness???

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Dear Bro. Minimus , A problem has come to our attention that we feel we must address it with you . Is it true you now feel the need to dig a hole and bury yourself alone deep inside of it ? Well Brother how would that look to others ? We must not allow our selfish desires to put a stumbling block before our brothers and sisters .Remember the wise words of King Solomen " The one isolating himself (in a hole in the ground ) will only turn to his own selfish longings ". No doubt you can see from this scripture how wrong your thinking has become, we are free to meet with you in the back room about this next meeting . - agape love , your loving controllers

• minimus
    minimus

Having too many people gathering is WHATEVER the elders deem. A "house party" that has more than 5 or 6 could be viewed as "too many" to regulate. Sadly, it's always about RULES< RULES< and more RULES!.......

Troubled Mind, I thought about what you say while I posted those comments. You're damned if you do or don't!

• Gill
    Gill

Minimus - My mother just rang me 'outraged' because my mother in law dared to take her grandaughter to the meeting yesterday in TROUSERS!!!! 'She KNOWS that is NOT ALLOWED!!!' The girl is thirteen years old and was staying at her grandmothers for the weekend and my gawd! She wore TROUSERS!!!!

I agree that nothing is ever good enough for a JW!!!!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

The first thing that came to my mind when you started this thread was an experience I had several years ago . We use to love to have the out of town speaker over to our home for lunch on Sundays .Most of the time they were NORMAL except for this one family we hosted . They were our age and they had a small boy our youngest son's age . The speakers wife was a total freak...... She would not let her son play in the kids room because : there might possibly be a toy in there that they didn't approve of. Then she said this to my face , "We know not all of Jehovah's people hold to the same standard that we do " With a smile on her face I would of loved to smacked off . Then she goes on about how hard it is to raise children in this Terrible world ,'why just the other day I had to pull junior from class because as a good behavior award the teacher was going to allow the children to watch the .......CINDARELLA cartoon movie !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh the horror ! That movie has MAGIC in it and Witches . ' You just can never be too careful ! We had sheparding calls were the brother came in and searched the titles of our movies and books ....real encouraging .

• Gill
    Gill

Troubled mind! That is awful having your dvd titles checked over.

My dad has Universal Soldier and The Terminator in with his WTBTS Videos! Nobody dares say anything because he's so Big and Angry all of the time!

My cousin took her son out of English classes because they were reading 'Harry Potter'!

• minimus
    minimus

Playing sports is not necessarily wrong but being on a team is. Doing anything extra-cirricular is worldly. Everything normal is taboo.

• Synergy
    Synergy

Everything is always wrong to a Jehovah's Witness because they're a controling cult. Keeping you in check over every detail of life is how they keep you under their thumb and making you think you need to be obedient to it.

Once I got a sheparding call because I had a lingerie party for a sister who was getting married. The elders sat on my couch and I said, "So lingerie parties aren't allowed?" They said "no". My response was "Isn't there already enough stuff we can't do?" They dropped their jaws and told me I had a really bad attitude. I asked them to base it on something biblical. They said "Ok, we're basing it on following the direction of the brothers in charge of the congregation, we think it's wrong and you should be in subjection." I'm thinking why didn't they just say "Because I said so" that would've been much shorter.

• minimus
    minimus

Elders don't really like "parties" of any sort. Partying and preaching don't go hand in hand.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking
    Why Is Everything Always Wrong To A Jehovah's Witness?

Yes the JW's are very negative & narrowminded about most things. No wonder so many of their members become depressed.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Minimus:
    "Partying and preaching don't go hand in hand."

You haven't been to a southern Baptist tent revival!!

(not much my type of "party" -but they seem to have a blast)

-K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit