Why Is Everything Always Wrong To A Jehovah's Witness???

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• tan
    tan

Worrying about what type of movie or television show we'll watch. What type of music we'll listen to. Just general conversation...trying not to cuss.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

I remember my friends mother telling me very earnestly that a song by the Police, "Murder By Numbers," was Satan teaching people how to kill each other. Even at sixteen I knew it was satirical about the cheapness of life in the political arena but try explaining THAT to a JW Zealot. She told me her sister had thrown away all of my friends tapes, for her own good, of course!

• Bluegrass Tom
    Bluegrass Tom

The problem is that almost all the members of the congregatin are judgemental. They are told not to be by the "Slave" but are anyway. It is human nature and the culture of the organization fosters it. The Society condones and encourages everyone watching one another and reporting people if and observation reveals something questionable. This is one thing that drives people away. This constant policing from the membership and the enforcement of manmade rules.

• zagor
    zagor
    Once I got a sheparding call because I had a lingerie party for a sister who was getting married. The elders sat on my couch and I said, "So lingerie parties aren't allowed?" They said "no".

What they probably thought was NOT WITHOUT THEIR SUPERVISION LOL ;)

• minimus
    minimus

It's so true that Witnesses must keep things to themselves for fear of being exposed. That's what makes most JWs hypocrites. They KNOW what the real truth is but will parrot whatever the good old WT. says!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit