Was Anna Nichol Smith a symbol of the wrongs in society?

by free2beme 64 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme
    REGARDLESS of all of this, Free2Be...did YOU personally know Anna Nicole Smith???

Oh yes, ate dinner ever Sunday with her, rain or shine. Sorry, my childhood was great. So maybe I am more judging or dumb airhead blonds with drug problems, then others. Personally, I think you might want to look in to her a little more before you defend her. I don't hold you lack of opinion about her terrible life, against you, you have the right to feel the way you want. I personally do not where blinders with silly titles like; "I did not know her", "I did not walk a mile in her shoes", or "She could have been a troubled person." I see what she presented from her Playboy days - The Anna Nichol Smith Show - The post interview about her son's death (Which she bidded off to the highest bidder) - To he death. Formed my opinion, until the movie comes out, I will keep it that way.

Oh, just as a funny side note. Do people here know George W. Bush as a personal friend? Because if they don't, I expect this same defense of him when people bad mouth him.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Oh yes, ate dinner ever Sunday with her, rain or shine. Sorry, my childhood was great. So maybe I am more judging or dumb airhead blonds with drug problems, then others. Personally, I think you might want to look in to her a little more before you defend her. I don't hold you lack of opinion about her terrible life, against you, you have the right to feel the way you want. I personally do not where blinders with silly titles like; "I did not know her", "I did not walk a mile in her shoes", or "She could have been a troubled person." I see what she presented from her Playboy days - The Anna Nichol Smith Show - The post interview about her son's death (Which she bidded off to the highest bidder) - To he death. Formed my opinion, until the movie comes out, I will keep it that way.

Oh, just as a funny side note. Do people here know George W. Bush as a personal friend? Because if they don't, I expect this same defense of him when people bad mouth him.

I don't need to look into her life. I am not defending her. I just refuse to say "good riddance." I refuse to think it's not a sad thing. I'm just not that heartless.

• free2beme
    free2beme

This subject came up at work today too, and not by me. Everyone I work with felt along the lines with what I said. She did not present herself to be the victim, the media seems to want to sell now. Most people felt she was a wreck of a person, and not someone who was adding some wonderful light to the world. Her life was like watching a soap opera, a sad one, without an end that made any sense. Personally, I think by her end, most people were just getting sick of the whole thing and wanting her to drop off the front page. I don't think anyone wished her dead, including me, but we just wished she would get out of the limelight and move on. People are work with were far harsher then the comments I put here, which I personally think were mellow. I just feel she was a symbol of how society is making a lot of mistakes and how it is failing people, and the world in general. This woman was just riding that whole negative way and making an extreme example out of everything.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

No, the " Wrongs " in society are the razor-tongued judgmentalists that slice up people's character even after death.

My prayers are with you Nichol.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    I personally find a balance, and see people for what they are and present. If they want to be seen as something else, then paint a better picture of yourself.

And that is why so many pedophiles go unnoticed. People see them and judge them as worthy - after all they might be clean shaven, morally upright, religious, hard working and soft spoken with families of their own. Heck they might be fine upstanding citizens or politicians who deserve our respect simply by virtue of education and position yet, by night they stalk young boys for sex. Or it could be those lovely, well groomed housewives who can be seen shopping at Neiman Marcus or out driving their Lexus to lunch with girlfriends - wealthy women who are popping Vicodin and having sex with other men for money. What they present as what they are is what they want us to see - and they know most of us are fooled by that. Anna Nicole Smith fooled no one who cared enough to realize that she was a bird with a broken wing. She was what she was and I would take a hundred of her over one perverted, masochistic, child rapist wearing a suit. Sometimes it is easier to judge more harshly because it requires less introspection. sammieswife.

• G Money
    G Money

She was what is wrong with America. Fat and proud. Using her body instead of education to get ahead. Drugs and alcohol and men instead of dealing with the rough things in life and moving forward being sober.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    She was what is wrong with America. Fat and proud. Using her body instead of education to get ahead.

So now it's about America.

You are from Mexico? Your profile says you are from Mexico.

Hey, if Mexico is so wonderful, why are so many of your people fleeing your country to come live in the USA?

I guess those that got it use it. Those that don't have it can only bitch and feel self righteous.

• caligirl
    caligirl

No, I don't think that she was a symbol of wrongs in society. People with issues like her are not the rule, at least from my perspective.

She was a messed up sad girl who spent her short life going after anything and everything that she thought might make her happy, or happier. Yes, she made poor choices, but the difference is that she made them with the media watching, whereas most people can make mistakes in relative anonymity (unless they air it on Jerry Springer). She was a personal train-wreck and I think that is what was so fascinating to the general public.

I think it is sad - not in a make me cry sort of way- but in a what might have been sort of way. She did manage to claw her way out of her poor upbringing, which is a success. We can all look at her T.V. show and marvel at how "dumb" she seemed, but she was smart enough to bag herself a billionaire and make a heck of a lot of money on her own in addition to that. It is sad that she never found any personal peace.

• free2beme
    free2beme

sammielee24

Don't take this as an insult or anything, but how did you take a post about ANS and turn it into something that relates to rapist and pedophiles?

She was what is wrong with America. Fat and proud.

She took her time as fat, made a series out of it and then used medication to get thin. We all want the quick fix, with the least amount of work involved. I have long since felt that as a country we lost the value of working hard for something and want everything handed to us. Which is something else she symbolized to me. Wanting more and more, and giving little.

• G Money
    G Money

Well, of course we send north all the losers. Wouldn´t you like to rid yourselves of all the crack whores and katrina victims???? Most of the Mexicans the US sees are the dregs of our society! You have to look at how the world sees the US. I´ve lived in the US, british colonies and Mexico so I have a sort of global view on things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit