Was Anna Nichol Smith a symbol of the wrongs in society?

by free2beme 64 Replies latest jw friends

• PEC
    PEC

Wasn't she a dub, in good standing? Bye Bye sister Anna, see you in paradise.

Philip

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I´ve lived in the US, british colonies and Mexico so I have a sort of global view on things.

I've visited all those places and I can say with knowledge that your view is short sighted.

Wouldn´t you like to rid yourselves of all the crack whores and katrina victims????

BTW, that isn't a very nice thing to say about your citizens. But now that you've mentioned it, sure, I wouldn't mind if a few of them went back to Mexico.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    Well, of course we send north all the losers. Wouldn´t you like to rid yourselves of all the crack whores and katrina victims???? Most of the Mexicans the US sees are the dregs of our society! You have to look at how the world sees the US. I´ve lived in the US, british colonies and Mexico so I have a sort of global view on things.

WTH???? Do you even know any Mexicans who have i mmigrated to the US?? Dregs of society??? Loosers??? Hardly!! More like the hardest working and most courageous! Jesus. I can't believe this post. And the part about Katrina victims being like crack whores/dregs of society that we would like to get rid of? OMG. This is incredible.

• G Money
    G Money

The Mexicans are the hardest working latins of the world but also there are many crazies. I probably spoke too candidly. The truth is the truth, no doubt about it. Contrary to popular belief not all Mexicans want to go to the US. The WORLD´s 3rd richest man is Mexican. There is much wealth there but there isn´t an even distribution. I think the americans that have moved to Mexico and the Mexicans that have moved to the US are not necessarily representative of the population in their mother country. That seems to be an accurate statement. If you guys saw me, you´d be shocked, besides that I speak the truth that I can blend into a number of nationalities. pease paz pax chao

• Robdar
    Robdar
    If you guys saw me, you´d be shocked, besides that I speak the truth that I can blend into a number of nationalities

And you think that we cannot blend? Guess you've never heard the phrase "the great melting pot." You say that you know America/Americans and yet it is obvious that you do not.

Oh, and by the way, your version of truth is not our version of the truth. And since we are the citizens of the country that you think so poorly of, you won't mind us if we tell you to bugger off.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I don't think you can put all Mexicans that cross the border in one group lumped sum. They are as mixed a group as Americans. Although, since most people hate Americans in other countries, when they have only met a handful. I guess we all do the same thing. Anyway, I personally think Mexicans are hard workers in this country as they are often put into positions that most Americans are too proud to take.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Oh, just as a funny side note. Do people here know George W. Bush as a personal friend? Because if they don't, I expect this same defense of him when people bad mouth him.

The more I think about this "point," I think it needs to be said that while I may not think Dubya should be our Commander in Chief, I don't wish death on him.

That's the thing I'm trying to say about Anna Nicole Smith. Feel free and hate what she stood for. Even voice your opinion on it. But why would you ever be happy that someone, a human being, is dead?

I agree that we shouldn't pretend that as a country we adored Anna ("headline that said Why We Loved Anna"). But we can still be sad for her unfortunate death. Regardless of who made what poor choices.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    The more I think about this "point," I think it needs to be said that while I may not think Dubya should be our Commander in Chief, I don't wish death on him.

I hope he lives a long time. In fact, I hope he lives to be 110! You know why? This is why:

• If he dies, Dick Cheney becomes the president. Cheney is already a shadow president...but to have Dead-Eye Dick as the leader of the nation? Ugh, kill me now.
    • In his old age, he can expect to reap the fruits of the stem cell research he--OH THAT'S RIGHT HE VETOED THAT. Well, guess who doesn't get to enjoy the fruits of stem cell research!
    • It'll probably take thim that long to realize that it's "nu-clear," not "nuke-u-lar."
    • He can watch two more generations of kids grow up and become terrorists thanks to his foreign policy.
  • Mary
    Mary
    You call her a slut, someone with no morals, and trailor trash (many good people live in "trailors", btw) Do you know for yourself that she had "no" morals? On what do you base this accusation?

Um, the fact that she slept with anyone with 2 1/2 legs, the fact that in the last 10 years, you never saw her on TV unless she was stoned out of her mind. When someone acts like a brainless stoned twit year after year in front of millions of people, guess what opinion people are going to form? With that said, I think lisaBObessa probably summed it up the best. Anna Nichol Smith was a product of her environment and for that, she is to be pittied----not "admired". There's nothing admirable about living a life that brings you to your death at the age of 39.

• Robdar
    Robdar

There's nothing admirable about living a life that brings you to your death at the age of 39.

We don't know what she died of yet so how can we know if the life she lived caused her early demise?

BTW, the life you are living is going to kill you too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit