Was Anna Nichol Smith a symbol of the wrongs in society?

by free2beme 64 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I just recently got back from Maui, Hawaii ... so if I am late to the party on this subject, sorry. I just unplug from information, while on vacation. Although, while there we did hear that Anna Nichol Smith died. We were in a group of ten, and we were all talking about her and her lifestyle. It was interesting, and as we did so we discussed the point of my topic. You see, none of us saw this woman's death with any form of sadness. As it seemed that she, more then most, symbolized a lot of what is wrong with society.

1. Her greed for more. She was marrying older men, to get their inheritance. Then fighting for it, like it was her god given right. When the family had been with this man throughout his life, her moments of taking advantage of his advancing age. Showed how much as a society, we promote the idea of taking advantage of the weak when they are down and justifying it through loop hole, such as marriage, and not looking at the bigger picture. Even when his family was willing to settle with her, or when she had made money on her own. She still wanted it all, wanted more, and fought it all the way to the Supreme Court.

2. Lack of any self respect. While I watched the Anna Nichol Smith show a couple of times. I admit, it was not to see this woman tell me something I did not know about the world. It was to watch the car crash in slow motion, with a fascination that someone is really like this and wonder where such a messed up life would lead. She had no self respect to actually keep things like that to herself. Instead she did like everything else in her life, and sold her life and body to make another dime. A few million dollars that she would spend on things that were not going to bring her anymore happiness or restore her respect.

3. Acting in life, and not being real. Most of us would think that the lose of a child would make us want to keep that family business to ourselves. Whereas with this woman it was a interview to be sold and bought. Few people realize that there was a bidding war to get her to speak to the media about the loss of her son, and like many times in her past, she sold her life and body to the world to get money and fame. Not fame for some major advancement in society, science, literature and so on. Just fame for being a person who is failing in life.

While some people have a hard time speaking ill of the dead, in some superstitious idea that speaking ill of someone who is dead is some how unfair because they can not defend themselves. That is not the case here, this woman laid out her life and her body for all to see. She showed through her own history that she cared about money, that she would do anything to get there and in the end, I have to wonder if she finally realized who she really was and disconnected from that fake person she worked forever to be. I saw in a headline, "Why we loved Nicole," and the person on the plane next to me stated, "Loved, I could not stand her, who are they trying to fool?" While we so see these things in her, and they might be the reason some people feel this way, we can not ignore that she just represents the FAME game, the reality of this world of EXCESS and that is just the way it is now.

Perhaps things to happen for a reason in life. Perhaps her death will give her child a chance in life to not be raised in that environment. They just need to figure out that whole DNA thing between a possible four men. As a joke, I did here that her soul was still stuck on earth ... as the God's were awaiting a religious DNA test to see who she actually was with, when she ended this life.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Good points, free. So to sum up, she basically whored herself out to everyone to get the most out of the world. Now I was shocked to hear that she had died--I mean, I really couldn't see that one coming, despite the drug problem--but am I sad for her? Nope. Not a bit. She made a lot of bad choices, and her death is the logical result of those choices.

No doubt Nancy Grace will spend 3 weeks talking about her death.

• Mystla
    Mystla
    marrying older men, to get their inheritance

I don't think that the man she married felt bad about the situation. He was old and rich and he bought what he wanted: a playboy bunny to spend his remaining time on earth with. I'm pretty sure he was happy as a clam. He also probably thought it was great to stick it to his money grubbing family who had been waiting for him to die so they could inherit.

She let that wrinked up old man touch her in ways I don't want to think about and deserved some compensation.. this is an age old method of obtaining money. I know I could never do it.. ugh!

Just to be clear, I'm not writing this in support of her lifestyle choices, I'm just saying that I don't think she took advantage of anyone. Or at least no one who didn't want her to.

Misty

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

She was a Marilyn Monroe wannabe.

Dismembered

• Mary
    Mary
    none of us saw this woman's death with any form of sadness. As it seemed that she, more then most, symbolized a lot of what is wrong with society.

Bingo. While I was initially shocked at hearing she had died, I had no other feelings. She was the epitome of a self-centered, drugged up slut. She had no morals (at least 3 men have come forward claiming they're the father of her baby). You never saw her on TV unless she was stoned out of her mind and shaking her enormous fake boobs in front of the camera. In a nutshell: she was trailor trash who seemed to be obsessed with trying to copy Marilyn Munroe's life-style and death. Not a good way to be remembered.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

She found out the hard way that Fame and Fortune isn't all its crack out to be. Now there is one less gold digger in this world.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Well, I guess I'm a little different. When I heard that she had died, my first reaction was 'what about the baby?' and yes I found her passing to be a sad state of affairs. We can assume a lot of things about someone we don't know and all we can judge her on is what the media has given us, so who am I to judge? She did nothing to me. Society has cheapened life - thats why its cool to rap about guns & casual sex; why some partiers think going without underwear is fine; why 11 year olds think oral sex isn't real sex and why education comes after wealth. Maybe her values and morals were different than mine, but it doesn't make her any less a person than it makes me a better one.

I've known people who others have judged to have lived less than stellar lives - people who underneath it all, were simply struggling with the lives they had been dealt with no real way of finding their way out. Some people, wether it be by circumstance, genetics or experience, lack the ability to find an inner strength to break free from the demons that chase them. sammieswife.

• Warlock
    Warlock

3 very good points, free2beme.

Warlock

• Xena
    Xena

bravo sammieswife

• RAF
    RAF

Well I just can be sad for her and those who really loved her (if any for real - I just hope so) ... whatever she did ... ...

People are talking how about how to survive in this jungle of the life and our society is just getting crazy about how to get what. That's what she got : early DEATH (maybe no true love in her entire life) for being a follower of the easy way to fake hapiness (in being beautifull - cause she was beautifful). I'm feel sorry for her ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit