The Artist formally known as Prince

by Sasha 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I'll go to my room and practice my spelling.

I'm coming after ya with a wooden spoon to spank your bottom.

I wear a do-rag every night (black hair is fragile and cotton sheets will break my hair) to keep my hair neat. I'm not Aunt Jemimah.

Josie

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    Seriously, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a Superbowl half time show as much as his last night. He really did Rock. I thought the Marching Band was a really nice touch. I did crack up at "All along the Watchtower" though. But, the way he was playing, most people would have thought it was a tribute to Hendrix.

THANK you! That's what I'm sayin'! Prince half time show on youtube, for those who missed it........

part one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivH45qH1vNA

Part two:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYOVJx_HAr0

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Yeah.....all my dub relatives ears perked up as he was singing all along the watchtower also. They were on the edge of their seats listening for dub trigger words so they can pat each other on the back at what a fine "witness" he gave.

But I have to disagree on the quality of the show. Compared to the Prince of old and past shows of that magnitude, this one was about as sterile and inspiring as a hospital operating room sink. Halfway through it, I figured that I'd rather have been listening to Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine.

It was hilarious, though, watching my dub relatives who profess to like Billy Joel leave the room one by one with their fingers in their ears as he was singing the Star Spangled Banner.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I'm not a Prince fan - so don't know what is 'normal' with this freak.

My wife though, seems to know a bit more of what this performer is like. She said that his performance at the half-time was notthat great.

We both liked the marching band though... and their glow-in-the-dark lights. That was cool.

We both noticed his do-rag - and that he took it off later... was that a costume 'mal-function'? *tongue firmly planted in cheek*

Other than that... we both liked the ball game. We went over to Chili's and watched a couple quarters of football on their tv's - and had a bit to eat and drink. It was fun to do (I ain't ever dun ennythin like that before).

Regards,

Jim TX

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    was that a costume 'mal-function'? *tongue firmly planted in cheek*

He was trying to protect his hair from the rain. Looked better than him going for the purple plastic poncho look.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I can't believe how many people call Prince a freak.

I call him a musical genius, but whatever.

Back in the day some people used to call all men with long hair freaks. That's a lot of 'freaks'.....Those Beatles were a lot of FREAKS!

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

I wonder if he was counting his time??

My mom was like "do you know him and his wife are witnesses"......kerj bites tongue!!! At least my Dad got it right by saying, "then why is he performing at the Super Bowl"?

I couldn't get enough of that unpronouncable pagan symbol, his stage was in the shape of it his guitar was in the shape of it. I mean come on standing on a pagan symbol and singing about the watchtower... it doesn't get anymore ironic than that.

Why does this surprise you, I mean it's founder was influenced by paganism in many of his teachings! So I find it quite symbolic that Prince would be performing on a stage that is a pagan symbol!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Well, after Janet's "wardrobe malfunction," I'm not surprised that Prince's halftime show was unremarkable, JW or not. In fact, probably the only reason the producers took a chance on him for the show was because as a JW they knew he would keep it mild and covered up.

With all the rain, I wasn't surprised by his headgear, though a hat might have been more of a fashion statement. And I'll bet there were at least two roadies who heaved a sigh of relief when that sheet actually did go up, considering the weather!

The Snickers commercial was the best, IMO.

Nina

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Yeah.....all my dub relatives ears perked up as he was singing all along the watchtower also. They were on the edge of their seats listening for dub trigger words so they can pat each other on the back at what a fine "witness" he gave. But I have to disagree on the quality of the show. Compared to the prince of old and past shows of that magnitude, this one was about as sterile and inspiring as a hospital operating room sink. It was hilarious, though, watching my dub relatives who profess to like Billy Joel leave the room one by one with their fingers in their ears as he was singing the Star Spangled Banner.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I am a big fan of Prince. I was afraid that he'd get electrocuted in the rain or fall and break his bad hip! I think that he gave a wonderful performance despite the rain. I was so glad that no one got hurt. I was afraid one of the dancers would flip off the damn wet stage. I thought that the lady that wore white might have a "wardrobe malfunction" due to the rain! (You know what I mean!) I thought that T&A was going to be all over the place!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit