The Artist formally known as Prince

by Sasha 99 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am not a Prince fan, big surprise considering my generation, right? But I have to admit he is a great musician, except for the last bit with the odd shaped guitar. I didn't like the electronic sounds he made, and thought any neighborhood kid could do that part.

All in all, I liked the half time show when Paul McCartney did it, the best..........out of the past, that is. Gloria Estefan's was good too.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I couldn't get enough of that unpronouncable pagan symbol, his stage was in the shape of it his guitar was in the shape of it. I mean come on standing on a pagan symbol and singing about the watchtower... it doesn't get anymore ironic than that.

Is the Alphabet and Numerical system that we use Pagan? I can't pronounce many of the Greek and Latin symbols used.

Capital Low-case Greek Name English
    altaltAlphaa
    altaltBetab
    altaltGammag
    altaltDeltad
    altaltEpsilone
    altaltZetaz
    altaltEtah
    altaltThetath
    altaltIotai
    altaltKappak
    altaltLambdal
    altaltMum
    altaltNun
    altaltXix
    altaltOmicrono
    altaltPip
    altaltRhor
    altaltSigmas
    altaltTaut
    altaltUpsilonu
    altaltPhiph
    altaltChich
    altaltPsips
    altaltOmegao

http://www.physlink.com/Reference/GreekAlphabet.cfm

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I fail to see WHAT this song has to do with JWs except for the title???Reason to Rock: All Along The Watchtower

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Other than having that trigger word "watchtower" in it that made all the JWs I watched the game with sit up and take notice of, it had absolutely nothing to do with them.

That won't stop some of them from trying to tie to him mentioning the word as being such a "fine witness" to all those in attendance.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

The Ankh..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ankh

Snoozy..who read it is related to the Wiccan (witchcraft) religion?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    That won't stop some of them from trying to tie to him mentioning the word as being such a "fine witness" to all those in attendance.

Those were my thoughts, too, because that is exactly how I would have seen it.

• undercover
    undercover

I thought it was a pretty good show, though tame compared to the artist known as Prince before he became The Artist Formerly Known as Prince and then Prince again.

I didn't think twice about him covering "All Along the Watchtower". It's a Bob Dylan song made famous more by Jimi Hendrix and I believe that Prince has covered it on prior occasions.

I thought the the symbol was his own creation. If he did create it, then I don't see any real issue with his using it, even as a JW.

Having said all that, I find it interesting that a JW of his fame is allowed to get away with things that the average JW would be called into the back room over.

Hell, I remember when playing Prince songs could get you counseled. Now here's Prince himself perfroming a "rock" concert for millions of people worldwide. I remember when some brothers I knew who formed a cover band and were playing local bars and taverns were told, by the CO no less, to cease and desist. How is it they can't perform but Prince can?

Associating and socializing with worldly people. How often were we counseled to not even eat lunch with workmates, but yet Prince runs around and parties with Hollywood types? If found out that we went to a worldly party were known drug users were and too much drinking (and who knows what else) took place, don't you know that Joe Publisher would find himself in a judicial committee meeting? But Brother Prince, well, he's different.

Writing poetry or songs about our personal take on "spiritual" things, if discovered by the elders, would prompt them to ask us to visit them at the hall on a non-meeting night. But yet our dear purple brother writes entire albums with a spiritual slant and sells them for profit.

• sandy
    sandy

VAN MORRISON IS A JW?????

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Prince is right now the biggest visual proof how phoney trite and hypocritical the jws can be !

I would call his performance at the half time show " conduct unbecoming of a christian " wouldn't you ?

I guess the extremely rich celebrity types get treated and handled differently on top of the Watch Tower...................

• loosie
    loosie

Ms McDucket, what I am saying is that a few years ago when Prince was called " the artist formally known as Prince" was because he had legally changed his name to that symbol. There is no word for that symbol it's unpronouncable, hence " the artist formally known as Prince" was what he was being called.

It looks like an ankh but it's not the same. It's the symbol for love and life. But as far as the WT is concerned it's got to be pagan.

It makes me want to go back to the meetings with this love/life symbol printed all over my skirt to see how fast I end up in the back room.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit