Watchtower 2007 3/15 -- Is 1914 dropped?

by observer 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

Norm- I think the point being made is to always be prepared , don't get caught being naughty because then you will not enter the kingdom of the heavens when it arrives . We don't know exactly the hour but are aware of the approximate time frame .

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

heathen -

WHICH approximate time frame???

In 2000 years who lived in the approximate time frame?

Everybody who ever lived died. (some believing it was in "this generation")

When Jesus said "keep on the watch", he was not saying to keep on the watch for every interpretaion of the bible and world events -- he said quite explicitly:

" Keep on the watch that your souls do not ETC" IN OTHER WORDS keep on the watch for your spirituality, that daily life doesnt make you forget the reality of Christ in your life."

HB

• Warlock
    Warlock

Personally, I think they could survive dropping the 1914/1919 date. If the R&F swallowed dropping the generation issue in 1995, they'll swallow just about anything.

Mary,

They (I'm blaspheming again) cannot drop 1914. They just can't.

Unless they are setting up a new doctrine to teach when all of us are on our deathbeds.

Warlock

• heathen
    heathen

Really I was thinking about the appointed times of the nations , apparently the early church didn't concern themselves with it but the bible does talk about it having to run it's course . My belief also is that jesus can come whenever he feels like and punish the evil slave or various congregations mentioned in Revelation that were not showing the proper zeal and faithfulness .

• xjwms
    xjwms

I know

I know

its not 1914, ......... its really 2014. !

yeah yeah ... thats the ticket

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

2-10-2007 Mark this,Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses still teaching only 144,000 go to heaven Love in the afterlife
    Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal, MS - 41 minutes ago
    Among Jehovah's Witnesses the marriage relationship will end for some but can go on for others. John Capps, presiding elder at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's... ...Among Jehovah's Witnesses the marriage relationship will end for some but can go on for others. John Capps, presiding elder at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in south Tupelo, says that in the New Testament book of Revelation, chapters 7 and 14 say only 144,000 people will go to heaven.
    "Those who go to heaven will be spirit creatures," he said. "There is neither male nor female. Marriage won't continue in heaven."

Those 144,000 will rule over the earth with Christ in heaven, Capps said. Satan and the bad influences that currently impact earth will be done away with, and the earth will be brought back to a paradise. And for those who remain here when the old system ends, their God-created purpose in life will be restored.

"There can be marriages there," Capps continued. However, "when the earth is full, procreation will have to stop."..

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Nation of Islam – The Path to Malcolm X
    Family Security Matters, NJ - 49 minutes ago
    Fard had urged his followers to listen to broadcasts of Joseph Rutherford, president of the Jehovah's Witnesses, who claimed that the end of the "civilized" ...
    ..... In the hands of Elijah Muhammad, the birthday of Fard became "Saviors Day". The somewhat flaky ideologies of Fard Muhammad became more outlandish. Fard had urged his followers to listen to broadcasts of Joseph Rutherford, president of the Jehovah's Witnesses, who claimed that the end of the "civilized" world had commenced in 1914. The notion of impending Armageddon had been preached by Fard, who had formerly claimed that if his followers ate certain foods and employed their time usefully, the world would be rid of evil by 1934. In his proselytizing, Elijah Muhammad continued the theme of an end to the evil civilization of the whites...... [email protected] [email protected]send comments to author

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/130571/1.ashx awesome updated thread discussion on the 1914 date

• M.J.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit